Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Marijuana: Less dangerous than aspirin

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_.../2009/11/c.html

6a00d83451c45669e20120a.jpg

I don't for a minute buy cannabis "fatalities". It's impossible to kill yourself with pot. The press reports "cannabis-related" deaths which is surreal. David McCandless, who devised the graph and runs Informationisbeautiful, adds:
There has never been a single documented case of fatal cannabis overdose. Also, the government's own figures don't tally. While drug figures from the Office Of National Statistics register 19 cannabis related deaths, the mortality stats from the same office log only 1 death.
But even granted that, you can see how the media irrationally focuses on what isn't the biggest problem by any objective assessment. And this focus can distort public policy. What would this graphic look like if the death-rate were assessed per user of each drug? Marijuana would appear as less toxic than aspirin. Below the fold:
6a00d83451c45669e201287.jpg

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Especially interesting concerning the David Nutt controversy. Think about the role the media have in all of this...

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
No. of deaths concerning cannabis actually has a number????
Nobody ever died from weed, so these numbers are quite obscure.......

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
They probably counted people who were high when something happened to them.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
One of the biggest scare tactics against LSD in the 60's was; " LSD causes chromosomal damage".......actually, aspirin causes more chromosomal damage than LSD.....

yourownworld

Psycho disparu·e
Inscrit
22 Juin 2006
I had once overdosed aspirin (1/2 of the box) , and it sent me to the hospital urgences ...
'never had any problem with cannabis, even when I used to smoke 10 grams a day