Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

MAO's What to Eat?

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
Yo people,
When taking cacti or other MAO inhibbitors you got alot of food you better should not eat.

So what to eat then, do somebody got some advice about food that you can eat, this can be very usefull
and i don't have to starve during and after the trips. :p

Trip in PeaCe...

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
here's a list of things you can't eat. i guess the list is complete so if you want to eat something you just have to check if it's on the list

http://www.*******.nl/showpage.php?page ... itors.html

here's a more complete one:

http://www.*******.nl/showpage.php?page ... aoi-1.html

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
yeah i saw that list but there's alot on it and

wouldn't be alot easyer if there was a list that says which food you can eat

like diffrent meals and stuff

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
MindAstronaut a dit:
yeah i saw that list but there's alot on it and

wouldn't be alot easyer if there was a list that says which food you can eat

like diffrent meals and stuff

Lazy bugger. It took me about 2-3 mins to read thro that info to get a good grip about what kind of food to stay away from. Have some veggies, noodles and drink water if ur uncertain i.e eat whatever food that's not on the list!! :lol:

n00b :D

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
hahaha yeah i gues i'm lazy thats why i use this forum :p

then there's not much food you can choose for execpt for the noodles and vegies..
i'd hope for some snacks you can take after trippin couz i dont feel cookin at al then.

Peace..

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Lol u misunderstood eachother, MindAstro and I have gone through the list a couple of times before, but since there is so many on it, we were wondering if anyone might have any suggestions what to eat.

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Btw, isn't it this way: If you have taken an MAO-Inhibitor, you can't eat cacti. But if you eat cacti it's ok to take MAO's, but not MAO-Inhibitors right?
We got kinda confused thinking that u can't eat substances containing MAO's when tripping on cacti.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I think there ain't nothing like "MAO's".
MAO is monoamine oxidase and it's an enzyme (? or something like that?) in your body which breaks down certain types of chemicals (tyramine, tryptamines, serotonine and what not else). It protects your body from excessive amounts of harmful chemicals.

An MAOI is a MAO INHIBITOR, a substance which makes the MAO in your body inactive for a certain time. Therefore you shouldn't eat tyramine containing foods and under no circumstances drugs which release massive amounts of serotonine like amphetamines or SSRI's.

You shouldn't take MAOI's together with cacti because cacti contain substances which can be dangerous when your MAO system is out of order.
Cacti (San Pedro and Peyote) are not MAOI's, so you can eat anything you like.

If you want to take maoi's, then just eat plain noodles and you're 100% safe (be careful with noddle-sauce and under no circumstances add cheese!)

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
ok thanks for the info mate. I've looked it up and they say not to use Mescaline containing cacti with MAOI's, that's all we need to know 8)