Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Magic Mushroom Growbox Kit

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Everyone in cali works with weed, a friend of mine's friend simply clips plants in a garage for 200$/week. He buys her food etc...

This is pretty common. Everyone grows it, everyone buys it, everyone smokes it. Cali is kinda stinky lol.

I don't really like cali, the people there anyway.

BAck on topic: Just open the box, does it smell sick? Gross? if it does that is bacteria growing - not mushrooms. If you have mycellium growing you can open it probably, and they may start to sprout. I'm not sure how to make them sprout tho.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
I know a girl in cali, and she wants back to florida.. so as nice as that sounds, i might have to stick with florida. although they arnt very leniany on weed atall. but there all idiots, and its hard to get cought if you have half a head.

Nazareth

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Mar 2010
Well my cat knocked over my two growboxes and they turned up side down--but were still in the growbags an not exposed to the air---there is no foul oder or any sign of black mold, but I have been waiting almost two months and still no mushrooms are showing--no pins, but the mycellium seems to still be growing--what is the longest that anyone else has had to wait for mushrooms with these growboxes? I have ordered a new box, but I've spent a lot of money, how often does this system fail and when should I give up?
Thanks!!
Nazareth

Nazareth

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Mar 2010
Well my cat knocked over my two growboxes and they turned up side down--but were still in the growbags an not exposed to the air---there is no foul oder or any sign of black mold, but I have been waiting almost two months and still no mushrooms are showing--no pins, but the mycellium seems to still be growing--what is the longest that anyone else has had to wait for mushrooms with these growboxes? I have ordered a new box, but I've spent a lot of money, how often does this system fail and when should I give up?
Thanks!!
Nazareth

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
hmm, it seems that the mycelium isnt fully colonized yet then.
the only thing i can think of that would effect it like you described, is if it spent time in a cold environment. could have stunted growth.

i have SOME mushroom knowledge but im no expert. thats just my guess. if theres no contaminates, and its still growing, then it should still eventually start to pin. i have no idea why it would take so long tho.

what is the temperature that they are being kept at?
the are supposed to collonize at 86 degrees F
and fruit at 76F

Nazareth

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Mar 2010
Hey Trick, thanks again for such a quick reply. As you know I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, so it's a rather warm clime--not hot and not too cold--my apartment averages around 76f..I can always turn up the heat or cool down with A/C. These boxes are supposed to be PS Cube and Golden Teacher. And I have a box on the way which is Thai Cube. How would I know if the mycellium is dead? Would it turn black and stink...or just sit there?
Nazareth
peace and love

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
well idk what it does when it dies, but im sure it will do somehting, i dont think its dead.

mabey cold temps if it was sent on an airplane? stunted growth?

beats me man, i cant imagine what would take it that long to fruit.

_Avatar_

Banni
Inscrit
19 Jan 2010
Nazareth a dit:
How would I know if the mycellium is dead? Would it turn black and stink...or just sit there?
It could get moldy (usually black, sometimes green), and when you dunk it, it just floats, not absorbing any water. When you drain it afterwards, the water might be a bit brownish. Don't dunk a grow kit for too long. 24 hours is enough, the mycelium might die if you keep it submerged too long.

Nazareth

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Mar 2010
Hi Trick... I think the problem may well have been temp/lighting. I placed my growboxes under my old metal halide pot growing system and within 20 hours I've got pinning!
Thanks again. BTW I've haven't checked this site in detail---is there a way to send private email?

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
right below the persons name your trying to message theres a small button with "pm" on it. thats how you ssend private messages.

and thats good to hear man. take some pis for us? :D

dennis1978

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
23 Jan 2009
Is there moisture enough in the bag?
What temperature does it stand at?
Is there at least a little light?
Are there blue bruisings on the mycelium?

Can you give more info?

The kits never fail for asfar as i know.
I've seem 'em chuckle more often, but mostly due to poor conditions.
Too dark, too cold, etc.

Surely a cat knocking them over is not very good,
but shouldn't be critical if it happened with mycelium.

Nazareth

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Mar 2010
Thanks Dennis!! Well with light I have mushrooms... and lots of them. This is the growbox called McKannii?? Anyone now the potency??
Naz

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Hey people, i have a question.

After i harvested my first flush of shrooms, like two days after that there where allready new shrooms growing, and after that again, and again, there was no need to soak them again, they grew automatically.

That was not a problem ofcourse, but after 4 pretty thin flushes they stopped, so i re-soaked them again, but now 4 weeks later still nothing happens, so i assume the kit is done, but i have only harvested like 120 gr. fresh shrooms, so way too little.

Have you ever experienced something like this?

The kit was from Freshbox, i allways loved this brand when they where still legal, so i bought a kit from them, but besides it's a very small kit, it seems to be finnished pretty damn quick, i'm kinda dissapointed.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
use the container and make a new kit! did you already get rid of all the mushrooms? if so, you might save one perfectly dried one next time, so you can go about making your own spore prints (thus an infinite number of kits)

only thing you need is more substrate(a la 'pf tek'), or if you wanna do it proper, agar for a petri dish.

bummer about the kit though..

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
By not soaking youre kit you've killed it. The mushrooms continue to grow as you saw but you need to soak to give the substrate water. Mushrooms are about 90% water so, whitout enough water you only get a few tiny mushroom. I'm not sure if this is correct though but it make sence to me, its sunday already late and I'm high:weedman:

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Ok, thanks guys, unlimited mushroom kit would be so great!

But, yea mrvn, it makes sense, but i soaked it the first time ofcourse, but then they just kept coming non stop, so i didn't really had the chance to soak it again, i dunno why that happened, but they just kept coming.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
ut, yea mrvn, it makes sense, but i soaked it the first time ofcourse, but then they just kept coming non stop, so i didn't really had the chance to soak it again, i dunno why that happened, but they just kept coming.
If shrooms are growing and you need to dunk/soaking, leave the shrooms that where growing. Some or most of the smallest will develop to maturity while the ones that don't can easily be spotted and picked early before those start to degrade.

Mycelium should be able to stand a 24 hour dunk. Usually I limit it to twelve but once forgot a batch and left them completely underwater for 48 hours and they still came out perfect.

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Yes, that's what i did, i soaked them the first time i opened the kit, then they came up, after that first flush there where still a few little shrooms, so i left them to grow larger, but then there where new ones popping up, and after these where ready to harvest again new ones popped up, these kept coming untill they stopped.

Then i tried to soak the box again, but i think it's finnished now, nothing happened after 4 weeks, so it's done now.

S

spikeycloud

Invité
Hi, I recently harvested my 2nd flush and some of the shrooms have grown on the sides. I cannot reach them with my hands or some other materials. I already soaked for the 3rd flush what is the best thing to do with the ones on the side?

Sludge

Inscrit
17 Sept 2011
For the next time you should put aluminium paper on the sides and the bottom of your growbow to avoid light to reach. Because there is light there, the mushrooms grow here. But now I don't know what you should do about them... Someone else will surely tell you.