Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

lysol being sprayed over inoculated jars or just b4

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
ok im just wondering if excessive spraying of lysol in my glove box and with the steril jars in there just wondering if the lysol can poison or destroy the substrate or anything in the inoculation process? im wondering because im going to be as steril as possible inoculating again but i also want to try to take one fully colonized jar and inoculate ten others. i know being steril is a tuff when doing the jar to jar colonization but i wana give it a shot. also if someone can help me find great writeups or videos on how to make casings and how that works and what the best process thats another one of my interests because of the even flushes unlike the pf method. once again any information would be greatly appriciated and my hats off to the moderators and creators of this sight. it has been a wonderful source of honest answers and information.

peace & love

werd

MycoMate

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Mai 2008
Lysol is ok if it doesn't get on your tools or into your media, including through filters. It's flammable so be cautious if you have a flame or sterilizer in your glovebox. You can also use alcohol 80% in a spray bottle as a secondary. It dries quickly and doesn't leave residue, however because of this it's not always as effective. Also remember Lysol is a QUAT and thus not effective against fungal spores.
You can also make liquid culture in semi-sealed or sealed containers and then utilize that material to inoculate larger quantities. Use some mechanism for an injection site. i.e. dab of silicon LC also stores well in smaller quantities in the refrigerator until required.
PF tek works well with uniform and predictable harvests if using a single isolated strain as opposed to a multispore. Additionally environmental parameters must be closely adhered to during fruiting. They fruit simultaneously just as cased substrates do.
Casing. 50/50 coco coir/peat, powdered limestone around PH7.5 I like that mix myself. Be sure NOT to use dolimitic lime when you make casing.
You can look at 60/40 casing teks too.
Another good source for casing info. is The Mushroom Cultivator by Stamets and Chilton. Old but good.