Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

LSA extraction, anyone actually done it ?

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
I want to make some extract of LSA out of either HBW or Moring glory and I found online actually a lot of "guides" to make this.

Most are based on the fact that the bad stuff is soluble in a non-polar solvent (gasoline like substances, most of the time) and the good stuff in a polar solvens (Waterbased or most simple alcohols).

As my interest goes further than just yielding a pure form of the product, I also would like to know what these substances are in the seeds that are not so good for you. Perhaps anyone has already performed this and knows a bit more about his.

The guides that I am talking about are :

http://nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Extraction/extract2.html

But there are many more, all based on the same principle. Perhaps you can get me started , the things I found most difficult is the use of solvens and the residue this gives in realtion with human consumption.

acx01b

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
13 Nov 2003
forget the non polar step, and just do the extraction step with drinkable alcohol like vodka...(in it evaporation is not needed because you can drink vodka, in other extractions you need evaporation because absolute alcohol is not drinkable)

bye

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Well the apolar step is the one where you want to get rid of something by disoliving it so you can seperate it. Perhaps extraction is not the right word for this procedure.

The use of Ethylalcohol is good for the second step, but without the removal of the stuff that(is said) to make you sick its still the same thing as the chewing the seeds or doing the extraction with plain water.

acx01b

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
13 Nov 2003
are you talking about something you tried or something you read ?

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
This is not something I have tried but want to try. I do have a lot of experience with chemistry in general , and a degree in organic chemistry. I am just wondering if people actually done it and what there experiences with it are.

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
I have done a crude LSA-extraction from MG seeds a few times. I used zippo fluid as a non-polar solvent (purified benzin would be a lot better and it's available from pharmacies, at least here). As a polar solvent, I used ethanol. Extraction made from 10 grams of crushed and ground up seeds gave me a fairly strong trip with practically no nausea of whatsoever. I personally tend to get very nausious when ingesting even six grams of ground up seeds, so there certainly was great improvement in that area.

The seeds were first soaked in the non-polar solvent for few hours, strained and left to dry completely. Then they were soaked in the polar solvent for three days (shaking occasionally), strained, the mush was discarded and the solvent evaporated under normal room temperature in darkness. The residue was scraped from the bottom and stored safe from light until ingestion.

The results from my experiments with extraction have been so promising, that I will surely use this method also in the future.

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Hmm sound very interesting , but I would not use benzene since this is very dangerous. All the articles that you can find where there is benzene used as an solvens you can be sure that its at least 20 years old.

Benzene can nowadays only be obtained trough companies who sell chemicals (here in Holland) and then you also have to proof you have the right education to handle the stuff. Toluene (which you probably mean) is the replacement for benzene as an solvent in organic chemistry.

I think I will try the procedure that you discribe , did the Zippo fluid leave a residue ? I know I am a bit cautious because I know that some stuff people say they used for extractions or others stuff , we alsways had to handle with gloves and masks. But for this I suppose it should be fine.

And the ethylalchol you used was it medical (rubbing) alcohol.

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
Rutger a dit:
Hmm sound very interesting , but I would not use benzene since this is very dangerous. All the articles that you can find where there is benzene used as an solvens you can be sure that its at least 20 years old.

Benzene can nowadays only be obtained trough companies who sell chemicals (here in Holland) and then you also have to proof you have the right education to handle the stuff. Toluene (which you probably mean) is the replacement for benzene as an solvent in organic chemistry.

I didn't mean benzene, I meant benzin (aka gasoline or petrol, I guess I picked the wrong synonym). It's being sold purified so it evaporates without any residues (although I didn't notice any with zippo fluid, but still it's a safer option and I'll be using it in the future).

And the ethylalchol you used was it medical (rubbing) alcohol.

Nope, this was meant for drinking. :wink: I didn't get my hands on any spiritus fortis (unfortunately illegal, all ethanol over 80% is sold denaturated here), so I had to go with strongest vodka I could find.

EDIT:

Okay, so the proper english name for the stuff is petroleum ether. Here in finland we call it with a name that translates directly to "purified benzin". I remembered it had a "proper" english term, but just couldn't get it in my head. Seems I had a brainfart. :D

G

Invité
I made an LSA extraction using Petroleum Ether first, and then Ethanol, worked great (had alot of this yellow gum in wich the LSA is) but haven't tried it yet... I will tell you more about it once I'll have tried it !

(Psssst, watch your private messages Rutger ^^ ! )

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Ok Viaticus , I mis understood you then. Its quite simulair, normal gas that you use in cars is called in dutch : benzine , so its quite simular.

Ethyl alcohol (96%) is available here but its taxed a lot to prevent people mixing up their own brew. For companies and schools its available cheap but they have to sign a release form stating that they do not use it for comsumption perposes.

I will try it one of these days , perhaps I will make a small log of it.

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
Rutger a dit:
Ethyl alcohol (96%) is available here but its taxed a lot to prevent people mixing up their own brew. For companies and schools its available cheap but they have to sign a release form stating that they do not use it for comsumption perposes.

Actually, I misused the term "illegal". 96% ethyl acohol (ethanol) is also here available for companies and schools. It's illegal to sell it to a normal consumer though, unless it's being denaturated. But as a real nation of drunkards, some alcoholics drink products containing denaturated ethanol (for example products meant for the cleaning of your car's windshield). There is this urban myth of pouring it through some white bread in order to get rid of all the nasty stuff. Well, naturally, this litte trick doesn't work at all and the results are easily guessed...

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Here its also controlled but it can be ordered through some sites that sell beer brew products and also this 96 % ethanol. But its very expensive and therefore probably even more expensive than a few cheap bottles of vodka.

j-lazy

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
16 Déc 2005
i have tried lsa seeds and morning glory the lsa seeds didn't worked but the morning glory did. i was in my bed already because i thougt that it didn't worked but i was watching tv and it started to change there were colors everywhere and everything was moving it was ver funny to do i can recommend it to everyone.

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
j-lazy a dit:
i have tried lsa seeds and morning glory the lsa seeds didn't worked but the morning glory did. i was in my bed already because i thougt that it didn't worked but i was watching tv and it started to change there were colors everywhere and everything was moving it was ver funny to do i can recommend it to everyone.

Morning Glory seeds are "LSA seeds", their active compound is indeed LSA. Did you mean you have tried Morning Glory and Hawaian Baby Woodrose-seeds (another seed containing the same substance)?

j-lazy

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
16 Déc 2005
yes that is what i mean. you are also right that they have the same psychoactive... my mistake