Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

loonie stuff

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
A thought occured to me about the "loonie stuff"... Isn't the psychedelic experience also just a ride through insanity (consequently loonie stuff)? Not trying to degrade the psychedelic experience because I think you can learn a lot from temporal insanity. But couldn't it also be thrown on the same heap all the other "loonie stuff"? Or do you really see the experience as something serious? Because I think one can also learn from the other loonie stuff, and in the end that's the only thing that matters, not whether it has to be taken seriously.

braha_kahn

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Sept 2008
gammagoblin a dit:
Isn't the psychedelic experience also just a ride through insanity (consequently loonie stuff)?
I agree... Sometimes I felt I was going insane while tripping on shrooms, thank good it wear off with the psychedelics...

gammagoblin a dit:
Not trying to degrade the psychedelic experience because I think you can learn a lot from temporal insanity.

Exactly! Quite the enlightening experience!

gammagoblin a dit:
But couldn't it also be thrown on the same heap all the other "loonie stuff"? Or do you really see the experience as something serious? Because I think one can also learn from the other loonie stuff, and in the end that's the only thing that matters, not whether it has to be taken seriously.

It's serious and insane at the same time, just like real life imho.

For me personally psychedelics go hand in hand with esoteric-ism... If you read about the Alchemists for example, especially the plant alchemist, you can almost feel that their thought patterns were quite psychedelic. Can't really explain it, but that's how I feel about it.

Still I can understand that most people find esotericsm a big load of crap, I was one of them before I took psychedelics, now I find it intriguing and enlightening at the same time, although I'll never discuss such matters in daily life... Unless I encounter someone who is open minded enough to talk about these matters, but still most people I know think it's a load of crap (but most of them also didn't have a mindblowing psychedelic experience)

Others I know who did have such mindblowing experiences, tend to take the esotericsm too serious, you can't live your life according to a esoteric "way of life" since our world is too materialistic/rational for such way of life. But in my (humble) opinion you can't dismiss it as a load of crap neither... You can say you don't believe in it but imo you have to respect that others do believe in it or use this way of thinking to improve their way of life.

I hope I'm not rambling here and everyone understands a bit what I mean :lol:

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I quote a friend of mine:

"Psychedelics make you unsane, not insane."