Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Lets change the world.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
The mission statement thing is important, but it should also not be too binding.

Maybe it would be easier if we did a type of poll or registration on the front page, everyone throws out their "dissertation" idea, and we commit to a limit per user (a page or two), so no one idea becomes overwhelming. We give it a month for anyone who's interested to sign up for a chapter (figure we need some time so that everyone who occasionally visits to see the chance).

From then, we pretty much do what was mentioned earlier, post, edit, Word, Pdf'd. And then spread...

Oh, and I'm thinking some incredibly sick artwork from all the people I've seen on here, just as a means of bringing in some visuals.

Red1

Banni
Inscrit
18 Jan 2012
Ooooo the art is a good idea.

Later on down the line, we should sum up our wrightings so i can make some fliers to hand out to people i meet while traveling. ;)

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
yeah i think so, too... you can say a lot with art and in a different way... definately worth a consideration... not saying that words can't be art lol... but yeah sometimes pictures can say more than words.

peace

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
We should definitely not drop the ball on this one. Any other thoughts?

Sticki

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Maybe a book is too ambitious as a first project, How about a series of self help leaflets for the "New Tripper", "Experienced Tripper" and the "One that took too much"?

Also a "Fact Sheet" irradicating the myths of old with modern and reliably sourced info for the completely narrow minded / brain washed youth of today :)

The only thing I see being an issue is people collaborating effectively on this, I suggest the members wishing to partake write out some sections under various headings. Every one contributes on every topic and then a nominated editor would have a job of taking every ones work and merging it into a very easy to read and understandable condensation for each topic. Each edited and compiled topic would have to be put to a vote and also open to suggestion or improvement.

I suggest some titles for leaflets like:

Psychedelic/Entheogenic compounds, The myths and the facts.
sub sections would include: Medical aspects and benefits, Mental aspects and benefits, Media and Government propaganda truths, Intention (E.g.Peer pressure related issues, etc) , History on past cultures and modern day cultures experiences, Modern research and understanding and drawring a line between tripping and halucinating. Talking about a bad trip, what it is and how it happens.

The New Tripper
Sub sections would include: Further detaild look at intention and desire to experience, Compounds and effects, Set and Setting, What to expect (Generalisation without stereotyping), Things to prepare (Sitter, Food, Water, entertainment, etc), Safety and proper use, More background on the endless application of psychedelics in modern medicine and some usefull tips, links, etc. Further examination of the bad trip and how it can be avoided and dealt with.

The Experienced Tripper
Sub sections would include: Deeper examination of geometrics and the history of psychedelics, Usefull tips, Fun things to do and try, Exercises for both mind and body and mainly target it at trying to bring people to the site to share experiences, info etc. Links to the site for more users to come and share and also a breif look at the bad trip and some of its positives.

The one that took too much
Sub sections would include: So, I took too much... and the facts about dosage and recorded doses in history that have been over come with very little negative effect, Some self help guide line to recognise mental changes in themselves and minimise damage from mental conditioning and/or drug abuse , Advice on staying healthy and maintaining oneself physically, Helping people express and communicate what they feel inside without persecution from others who cannot fathom their experience (By directing people to psychonaut.com to talk with fellow members) and over all everything else that goes into a negative mind frame (Depression, Isolation, feeling like no one knows, etc). keeping control and knowing ones own mind when in fear (The bad trip) should also be coverd.

This is just a rough idea I had when I looked at the thread this morning, What do you all think?

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
I have had a second thought about the editing, The editing could be open to all members too and at the end we can all vote on the completed articles.

Also I was thinking, If this was done correctly there is no reason we couldn't write a medical hand book on dealing with tripping subjects and offer it to Police stations and officers, hospitals, Nurses, Doctors, Ambulance crews and pretty much any one who might be front line response to such events and even those who are not (Parents for instance) :)

Of course they may refuse, But you never know some might just give us the time of day and sooner or later some one will need it :)

EewDefining

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Déc 2011
i like the pamphlet idea. But i would like to write more than on specifically psychedelics.

We could focus on making people be more open minded and aware, especially on psychedelics.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
sometimes I'm a bit pessimistic concerning topics to write about, I just hit a vein of books on ecopsychology :lol:
edit: it's a good thing that they already exist :D

B

Billy Pilgrim

Invité
I seems to me, inducting the meme of psychedelic culture into the mainstream will be essential in externalizing the Change within. For this, art, in all of its forms, seems to be the most natural and effective vessel for propagation of these ideas.
Lately, I've began writing very short notes or ideas that I would like spread into the masses, in the margins of dollar bills; it's free distribution, as well a means to use part of the problem as part of the solution. I've also began writing a film that's informed by the psychedelic visions I have experienced.

Another concept that would be important to the meme, is a unifying symbol, both for recognition within the tribe, as well as as a point of curiosity for the unaware.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i like all ideas that were said!!!....i don't know whether it's a really good idea, but maybe in order to "fight" (because some are so hopelessly dependant on "the system" etc etc ;) ;) ) the biases or more specifically the too overly retarded and negative biases, we could at least think about the idea of "before and after" in some way, in that context.
because psychedelics are about transformation and experience...
or probably psychonautism itself... in principle, you can travel within yourself or your mind or so just like that, too. :) 8)

peace

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Totally agree with most of what was said so far. The only other thing to add, is it's really not about being confrontational. We shouldn't make it about "the system" (unless that's a particular essay). Overall it should be transferring honest, well-developed information, about one topic at a time.

Red1

Banni
Inscrit
18 Jan 2012
So you guys see how fast this Kony 2012 video sprung up?
Not that i support the actual video, because although its good, its just paying for more violence.

But a prime example of the power of a well edited video.
I deffinatly think we should try to incorperate a technique like this. Only with better priorities.

If we can form basic text, posters, flyers, and a compelling video to go along with it all, i think we could cover alot of ground.

I also think we should go easy on the psychedelic topics at first, hooking people with current issues and sneaking it in once we have them aggreeing with us. ;)

Ive been devoting alot of my time to self improvment lately, but i feel im almost to a point where i can really sit down and devote some time to this. Its my goal to get something compiled on my end in the next few weeks.
Anyone makeing any headway? I havnt had internet access for a minute.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Red1 a dit:
So you guys see how fast this Kony 2012 video sprung up?

it's crazy, it's like from one minute to the next it was everywhere, I just saw it on reddit wondering what it was about, then I closed the tab, came to this one and saw you writing about it. now it's on facebook and all that.

this may be relevant to you:
[youtube]MqXpDdstjiU[/youtube]

the question is, do you think psychedelics are for everyone? I'm wary to give this question an answer.

Eniac

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Mar 2012
Hello guys!
I am astonished that I've found this post, cause just yesterday I posted a similar one.
I must admit a haven't read the complete discussion just the first post, and OP I like your way of thinking, as a matter of fact we have pretty same mindsets.

Anyways, Ill contribute. What I like to do sometimes is a to do list. Might do something here.

1. We need to exchange ideas, and we need to do it quite rapidly. For that we could use something more than a forum, cause it isn't real time.
-Irc
? open for suggestions.

2. Next when we get our philosophies and minds togheter we need more people. This should be smart people who can use their heads, we don't need no sheeps here. We need a community. Then it gets hot.

3. A structure of some sort, not exactly hierarchy, but some set of rules and I dunno titles, and job division. At that point we will even need to set exact times when we shall meet and everything.
When we get here we can start call ourselves and organisation

4. NAME
- The Fellowship. That is my proposal and I am actually for quite some time thinking about doing that, an organisation and I have decided this to be the name. Ofcourse the name is not of large importance but more like a PR move, I mean look at anonymous... they have a real catchy, somewhat scary name...
Anyways The Fellowship is a refrence from LOTR, like the fellowship of the ring managed to save the world, change it to better, and destroy the ring, that is basically my personal goal, as for you I do not know, but I think you will find analogy quite nice :D

5. Now we will already have plans, people and pretty much everything.
WE GET WORKING!!!

GO GO GO GO!
Good luck, friends. We shall do great deeds. Soon

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
chatrooms could be a powerful place to meet, BUT it comes with it's obstacles. for starters, it is monitored and recorded, not that this place isn't, but i would steer clear of discussing anything too drastic, unless it was in person. also, we are spread throughout the entire world, so agreeing on a specific time would also be difficult.

meeting in person is the only sure fire way, but this requires serious commitment. im all for it, but i am not aware of just how devoted all the rest of the hearts here are.

Eniac

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Mar 2012
Yes of course, by the time we get to be an actual, legit organisation it would be necessary to meet up, but it will probably take some time until we get to that point, and that it self will yield quite a lot of planning.
I am just a kid, for now. I'm all in for it. I have found out this is my life purpose, and I believe I will never achieve Nirvanna until we do this. Until the world, and the people - the most intelligent beings I know of start acting like that.
Until we stop that slavery!
I am ready to invest money which I will probably have to make at one point, and one way or another if we make it money will not exist, so yeah...

About chatting. The best I've came up with is that we make our own web-site (probably someone here knows basics of the design, with a little of time and help, anyone can do the html writing part, which means even I can do it, haha) and with a little of help from google we could program java chat thingyface... that would also be monitored, but less than anything else.
Also facebook, which is probably way to large to be truly monitored and all the crappy shit on it to be read. So making a private group and group chat would maybe go unnoticed, that is rather risky, but if no other option opens it may as well be our only shot.
Also Skype, and other programs like that.

THIS MUST BE DONE!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About my previous post, also one more thing is - we should also at one point step in contact with other activist groups and organisations that share similar opinions.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
websites log all their data, and it is searchable by keyword. words like "J1H4D" would be flagged and easily searchable. there is a whole database of words. that is the nature of this beast. it's not that its all being read, just that words like that are being flagged by bots. so care must certainly still be taken.

this website is about to be moved to vbulletin, a serious upgrade. ill ask them about adding a chatbox on the homepage, i have seen it on many other forums; couldn't be too hard.

Eniac

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Mar 2012
Epic!
What about e-mails?
It is still against the law for them to read our mails, and they can not do it, at least I think so.
Through the mail we may be able to get some code going thingy go around

Red1

Banni
Inscrit
18 Jan 2012
@eniac

i like where your going with your post.

I wish i could merge threads from diffrent websites.

im taking your ideas to another site
your welcome to join:
http://www.highexistence.com/mission/

i think the "job's" with a schedule and chat ect. are a really good ideas.

Positions?
Everyone should be an advertizer as a prerequisite. :p

Eniac

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Mar 2012
Since we all agree about this, it is only time to act!

I know little to none about how revolution functions, but I am damn willing to learn!
Where do we go now? What to do?
- I do not know, but let's go! Let's do great things togheter, because we want it, because we can, because we must.