Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

legalization

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
Perhaps it's just me and my own perception, but recently I've noticed a hell of a lot of talk and speculation about the legalization or decriminalization of particular drugs, cannabis being the most prominent

Is it that people are finally starting to come to their senses?
or is it just me noticing things because i want it to happen?...

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
I notice it too, but maybe it's just because im here on this forum now, and articles about states decriminalizing cannabis and stuff are thrown at your head on this place.. So im not sure :p Holland recently prohibited mushrooms, so not sure at all actually

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
here in west australia the law has been going up and down for awhile
about 5 or so years ago cannabis was decriminalized in certain amounts, meaning if you're caught with less than the illegal amount all the cops can do is confiscate it and u wont have a criminal record
if you have up to 2 ounces on you its only a 200 dollar fine...which is less than the amount of the ounce lol
and its legal to own 2 living plants also

but theres a new state government and they are trying to be a little tougher on weed, they are making (wait, you wont believe this) weed baggies illegal
if you're found with a particular amount of them its a prosecutable offense, how ridiculous is that? my grandmother uses those same baggies to keep buttons ffs
there was also talk of bongs becoming illegal but that was rejected thankfully

i dont know i just read alot about it, maybe its people projected hopes that im reading

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
Couple of years ago you could have 3grams of cannabis with you and one could grow 3 plants per person, here in Belgium.
Nowadays you can't take 3 g with you anymore.. First time you're caught with a small amount of weed, you just get a warning, second time a penalty, and the thirth time a penalty of about 250 €... It's just some plant for fuck sake.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
i know, its piss poor
there are so many more benefits to legalizing it than keeping it illegal
it just doesnt make any sense at all

i have high hopes (pun intended lol)
its just so logical, the only real reason its not legal is because of stigma thats out dated by decades

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
wish i could say the same for Canada, seems it is trying to toughen up on the cannabis laws, even though a high percentage of the population would support legalization. even our longtime biggest cannabis legalization supporter in parliament, the NDP leader Jack Layton basically no longer supports legalization, a complete 180 on their "eND Prohibiton" policy.

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
I"ve read somewhere, don't know anymore were exactly, in an article on the net that almost 10 % of the population in western world uses cannabid from time to time. (The country of biggest cannabis use was australia :lol: , Holland had even less users than some Scandinavian countries, where there are high penalties on any drug use... so the drugpolicie in holland does work! However it could be better..)

They can't keep ignoring those 10% of the population!

I hope time will change... At one point of view, i see a next generation decriminalizing cannabis, but on the other hand, it could also be that that's not the case at all... In Roosendaal en Bergen-op-zoom, two cities in Holland just a few kilometers away from belgium, they will close all coffeeshops within a while... fking sad

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
(The country of biggest cannabis use was australia
haha i had no idea, thats good to know actually lol i feel a sense of pride in being australian all of a sudden :lol:

st.bot thats a shame, i always heard good things about canadas attitude to cannabis

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I heard rumors about the idea of legalization going around in California - because the government is so broke and the economy is so down that politicians might be willing to give up their resentments on cannabis.
As always, it's only about money :roll:
But hey, I wouldn't care too much for what reasons it was legalized (although I only smoke a joint twice a year or so)

grifter7

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
7 Mar 2009
Tryptonaut you're not kidding about a broke economy their even fishing for intelligent individuals for their high stakes jobs overseas. The UK has reclassified cannabis to stricter levels but there is a lot of talk about using mdma as a treatment for PTSD so well grim but :/

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
tryptonaut a dit:
I heard rumors about the idea of legalization going around in California - because the government is so broke and the economy is so down that politicians might be willing to give up their resentments on cannabis.
As always, it's only about money :roll:
But hey, I wouldn't care too much for what reasons it was legalized (although I only smoke a joint twice a year or so)
yeah i heard the main reason was the apparent economic crisis
and even if i totally gave up smoking it i'd still be all for legalization
if not for the many people suffering legal problems for a small amount of weed then for economy among many other perfectly logical reasons

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I have thought for months now that this economic collapse can be a very good help in legalization.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
so in a way its a good thing....terrible thing to say, but lets look on the brighter side here lol

its going to be baby steps
weed first other things next, as long as we keep taking steps forward

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Moved to Legalization Strategies, because it fits better.

Now is the perfect time to point out that legalization will save us tons of money which can be used to prevent drug abuse, fight violent crimes, stimulate education. It will also move a large part of money from flowing into the black market to stimulating the 'white' economy, make it taxable and increase benefit to everybody. Harm reduction can be given a chance and so on... and so on...

It is not only 'good' to do, it provides solutions for BIG problems.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
wow for some reason i didnt even see this section of the forum

if only politicians and the general non-stoner or even non-liberal populace could just get over their grudges against cannabis then it would greatly benefit everyone in the ways already mentioned by u forkbender

its frustrating that people cant see the obvious ups and are stuck on the incredibly limited downs

the only harm weed can cause is on par with cigarette smoking and less than alcohol
if it was looked at in a pro's and con's way then the pro's FAR outweigh the con's, by lightyears

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Cannabis as harmfull as tabaco ????????

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
well not as harmful i guess, i was just thinking of the amount of tar
but considering the chemicals and crap they put in cigarettes..