Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

lamps for canna

proutplayer7

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Oct 2007
Hello, sorry for my bad english because i'm french but we have more awnser in the english forum.

I want to cultivate weed only for me but i think it's too expansive to by lamps(neon ?), so i want you to tell me if it's possible to cultivate weed whithout the equipment ?

cheers (or thanks ?)

sorry for my bad english ! :oops:

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Your english is good .

Its posible to cultivate it in a greenhouse , a winter garden or on a windowcill . On a windowcill it probably wont reach a good size with big buds .

You can also grow it using normal flourescent lamps but you need to get them as near as possible but thats no problem because they are not warm . For growing 2 cold white to 1 warm white and for flowering 2 warm white to 1 cold white . The more light they get the fatter they will be .

Flourescent lamps are very cheep to buy and to run . Dont buy special plant lights that look a bit like UV lamps when they are turned on .

proutplayer7

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Oct 2007
thanks, but can you reformulate: " For growing 2 cold white to 1 warm white and for flowering 2 warm white to 1 cold white "

Because i don't uderstand what is the thing which is cold and withe... :oops:

:ninja:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
When you buy flourescent tubes there are two sorts one with a more blue spectrum called "Cold white" and one with a bit more red spectrum called "Warm white" . You can get ones that are about 10 watts and are about 50 cms long . Like the short one on the right in this picture .

proutplayer7

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Oct 2007
ok i've understand !! 8) but should i put sticks whitch reflect the light ??

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"should i put sticks whitch reflect the light ??"

I dont understand . What do you mean ?

proutplayer7

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Oct 2007
Should I buy anything to reflect the light?

i'am sorry :oops:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
If you do it in a cupboard mat white paint is very good and cheep .

Basicly said ....

Remember that the amount of watts you put in in light controls how much bud you get out . It doesnt mater what lights you use 400 wats a square meter is said to be optimal . The only advantage of using flourescent tubes is that you can get them much closer to your plant and if you decide on less buds than you could get from a HPS lamp the bulbs and settings are cheeper . Electicity cost what electricity costs .

I`ve grown plants under normal light bulbs but they grow long and thin and the buds are small because the lamps get hot and you cant get them so near to the plant .

proutplayer7

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Oct 2007
Thanks for your help because in the french forum nobody awnser me so LOVE THE ENGLISH FORUM !! :D I'think you're going to see me more ... (good ?)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Good . Theres to many junkys and polytoxic people in the french section as far as i`m concerned .

If you try it please let us know what happens .

proutplayer7

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Oct 2007
OK but i haven't go seeds yet so you will wait ... :lol:

Cannafarmer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
13 Sept 2008
If you use fluo lights, place them as close as you can!
The closer the better! It wont burn the leafs!

If you have enough money and understand the safety rules, I'd recommend a hps light bulb!
Then you should place them a bit further from the plant.
400 watts a 40cm
600 watts a 60 cm
and so on

If you use a cooltube you can place hps closer.

Fluo lights work, but I only use them for growth.
I wish you all the luck man!
And remember, if you do use fluo lights, place them as close to the plants as possible!

Cannafarmer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
13 Sept 2008
You have no seeds yet, so you have a lot of time to read around.

To give you a hint
The next seeds I'll buy for an indoor growth (after the outdoor season) are Lemon Skunk.
From greenhouse.

They give you 5 seeds for 20 euro, but all five seeds are female.
I have high expectations from that breeder, because I went to their high life cup and god damn it was so sweet!!!!!!!!!

I live right nextdoor to holland, allthough amsterdam was an 4hour drive with traffic jams!

You have to make up your own mind!
You know your incoming so you know what you can spend!
But if you do decide to go under fluo lights, I recommend you scrog (screen of green)
So you can spread out your plant in a net, so every nod can take all the light it can catch!

Good luck man

proutplayer7

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Oct 2007
thanks guys ! :P i think you're going to be a precious help for me ! :weedman:

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
the longer the "tube" light the better - the center produces most light.
there is a newer type of light available though it works on the same principle. ive not tried them but i have heard good reports at least for vegetative growth

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
if you do a load of small plants, sea of green, you can get a reasonable yield, but you need a load of plants. the lights have to be really close, only a few inches from the tops. fewer larger plants the relative yield goes down.
also because you do need a few tube lights it gets to the point where you are using a fairly large wattage - say 6x 58(60) watt lights so you may as well have a 250w hps

you can get low wattage hps bulbs that dont need a ballast, if you look for them, 75w 100w and 120w (i cant remember exactly) they are available. you are most likely to find them in builders supply stores and industrial lighting stores/suppliers.

i dont think LED's are any use for growing
the side branches of most strains dont produce a lot anyway, cutting them off may boost te top buds

a 250w hps doesnt use a noticable amount of power, nor does a 400w IMO

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
if you go for the fluorescent lights, get the longest ones possible, 7ft are ideal. the center produces the most light for some reason. mount them on a light -ish board, painted matt white and hang the board from a pulley or chains so you can raise and lower it. if you get it right they will grow 1-2inches a day. rearange the plants so they all get even light. you will get better results with more lights above than lighting the sides