Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Kratom

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
The best way is to ingest the whole leaf powder with fruit juice.
Not more than 3 g if it's good kratom quality. It's slower that way but stronger and last longer.
Note that I am speaking of kratom leavess, not extract. 3 g of extract would be TOOOO much and maybe dangerous.

Kratom23

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Juin 2009
I've been using Kratom for a long time and totally believe in it. I came across this video and it got me thinking, is it really a good idea to put videos into the public domain about the effects of Kratom? With it being on the governments "watch list" maybe its better to keep quiet about it so as to make sure it remains legal.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3165883/t ... _speciosa/

Are online videos about Kratom, or any other psychoactive plant really that helpful?

Black_Parasol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2009
The girl from NeuroSoup (can't remember her name) does videos on Youtube about all kinds of legal entheogens and ethnobotanicals:

Kratom

Salvia

Blue Lotus

I actually don't agree with people making videos about these drugs for the reason you stated - these videos bring attention to the fact that people are using these substances for recreation, and the government (here, anyway) always jumps at the chance to make any pleasant substance illegal. Kratom is definitely next on the list after Salvia.

There is more than enough information on the web, in text form, and in libraries for people who are curious about these substances. Videos on popular websites like Youtube and MetaCafe draw attention more than they educate, at least in my opinion.

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
The visuals of the video makes kratom appear like a psychedelic, but the text is alright it seems. I never knew what's the difference between Bali and Thai kratom, but the video points out how they differ from eachother.

I don't think we have to be quiet about (natural) drugs, we just have to try to prevent accidents and similar types of bad press.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Honestly, when it comes to legal alternatives, all press is bad press. It usually gets into the hands of overprotective parents, overhyped authorities, or worst of all, any and all politicians looking for an opportunity to look good. As was mentioned above, Salvia is definitely first to go because of the Youtube videos showing idiots abusing something they have no idea how to utilize.

As for Kratom, I remember I tried checking at local nurseries for it, and I kid you not, most responses were "Oh that's an illegal substance and we don't carry that item". Mind you this is in the US, where as of now, it's NOT illegal. Shows how quickly bad press gets to the world.

Black_Parasol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2009
darkwolfunseen a dit:
Honestly, when it comes to legal alternatives, all press is bad press. It usually gets into the hands of overprotective parents, overhyped authorities, or worst of all, any and all politicians looking for an opportunity to look good. As was mentioned above, Salvia is definitely first to go because of the Youtube videos showing idiots abusing something they have no idea how to utilize.

As for Kratom, I remember I tried checking at local nurseries for it, and I kid you not, most responses were "Oh that's an illegal substance and we don't carry that item". Mind you this is in the US, where as of now, it's NOT illegal. Shows how quickly bad press gets to the world.

Exactly. This thread will most likely contain mixed responses depending on where everyone lives, but in the US, you're absolutely right - anything that draws attention to a legal substance is absolutely negative, even if it's meant to be helpful. It's ridiculous how authorities think that anything that makes us feel good is cause for alarm, even if we've all been responsible. I don't recall anything bad being publicized about Salvia (though I may be wrong), and yet it's currently illegal in more than ten states.

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I don't recall anything bad being publicized about Salvia (though I may be wrong), and yet it's currently illegal in more than ten states.
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett's_law:
Brett’s Law is a name commonly given to a Delaware statute (SB259) generally prohibiting use of the psychoactive herb Salvia divinorum. The law was named after Brett Chidester (1988–23 January 2006), a teenager who committed suicide. [1]

The law was sponsored by Delaware Senator Karen Peterson, and signed into law three months after the teen’s death. It classifies Salvia divinorum as a Delaware Schedule I controlled substance, analogous to Federal Schedule I, making possession, use or consumption of the drug punishable as a class B misdemeanor.[2]

Chidester’s parents have argued that the herb played a major role in the teenager’s death, and have advocated for "Schedule I"-like legislation beyond their home state of Delaware.[3] In particular, Brett's mother, Kathleen Chidester, has continued campaigning across the United States. For example, three years after Brett's death in written testimony in support of Senator Richard Colburn's proposed Senate Bill 9 to the Maryland State Legislature, saying - "My hope and goal is to have salvia regulated across the U.S. It's my son's legacy and I will not end my fight until this happens."

Black_Parasol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2009
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
I don't recall anything bad being publicized about Salvia (though I may be wrong), and yet it's currently illegal in more than ten states.
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett's_law:
[quote:3p0pygh8]Brett’s Law is a name commonly given to a Delaware statute (SB259) generally prohibiting use of the psychoactive herb Salvia divinorum. The law was named after Brett Chidester (1988–23 January 2006), a teenager who committed suicide. [1]

The law was sponsored by Delaware Senator Karen Peterson, and signed into law three months after the teen’s death. It classifies Salvia divinorum as a Delaware Schedule I controlled substance, analogous to Federal Schedule I, making possession, use or consumption of the drug punishable as a class B misdemeanor.[2]

Chidester’s parents have argued that the herb played a major role in the teenager’s death, and have advocated for "Schedule I"-like legislation beyond their home state of Delaware.[3] In particular, Brett's mother, Kathleen Chidester, has continued campaigning across the United States. For example, three years after Brett's death in written testimony in support of Senator Richard Colburn's proposed Senate Bill 9 to the Maryland State Legislature, saying - "My hope and goal is to have salvia regulated across the U.S. It's my son's legacy and I will not end my fight until this happens."
[/quote:3p0pygh8]

:( I stand corrected.

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
What happened to Brett was horrible, but Salvia did not kill him-- he killed himself. Not because he was using Salvia. Though if present psychosis appeared-- Salvia could have had an effect. We simply don't know enough about drugs to make them all illegal. Especially plants. How can you make a plant illegal? Watch-- Tomatoes will one day become illegal because they found out that it gives us nutrients. Oh snap, bad nutrients!

Anyhow--
Yeah, that Kratom video did give the viewer that Kratom is a hallucinogenic, which it's far from.

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
i know this site isnt meant for a supplier, but i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find some live kratom plants, for not a whole lot. i have a 400W HPS grow light that i am currently growing san pedro/peruvian torch and some banana plants, as well as a few other things. can anyone point me in the right direction?

Kratom23

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Juin 2009
Yeah, Kratom is hardly an hallucinogenic. And I agree about there being too many videos out there about the effects of drugs. I followed the link at the end of the video www.kratomexposed.com and downloaded some of the free stuff which has some interesting facts and tips, but then leads to a bunch more videos.. :!:

Tunnelvision

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
28 Août 2008
Kratom23 a dit:
I've been using Kratom for a long time and totally believe in it.
where do you believe in? that its an opiate like heroin? that is pretty boring and worthless and addictive and at the same time expensive? thats what i believe in when it comes to kratom. If you take kratom for a long time now i would advice you to step down a bit...

Black_Parasol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2009
Synith a dit:
What happened to Brett was horrible, but Salvia did not kill him-- he killed himself. Not because he was using Salvia. Though if present psychosis appeared-- Salvia could have had an effect. We simply don't know enough about drugs to make them all illegal. Especially plants. How can you make a plant illegal? Watch-- Tomatoes will one day become illegal because they found out that it gives us nutrients. Oh snap, bad nutrients!

Anyhow--
Yeah, that Kratom video did give the viewer that Kratom is a hallucinogenic, which it's far from.

I agree whole-heartedly. If one has pre-existing mental conditions (such as depression, schizophrenia, anxiety disorder), then common sense dictates that you shouldn't take powerful hallucinogens or mood-altering substances. If everyone just used their brains a little more often, we wouldn't have legal worries over these substances. ANYTHING can be harmful if you consume too much of it or if you don't take into account your own health and how it may affect you. We shouldn't blame substances for the actions of the person in question - it was Brett's choice to take the salvia, not the salvia's choice to be consumed by him, period.

Black_Parasol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2009

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Hey Iamshaman.com, that's where I got mine from, pretty large specimens for not that much. Plus you get to choose between Rifat and Bumblebee. Try Hydro for them, they grow great. Also, don't forget the humidifier, mister, etc. It is a tropical plant after all.

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
damn. i was hoping to find a plant under $20.. seeing how shipping is going to be expensive as well. i might just end up getting some seeds. or use ebay.. or something. i would LOVE to have 150+ plants going:)

iv been told kratom is sumwhat like alcohol, is this true? is it psychoactive at all?

Black_Parasol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2009
It is psychoactive - most of the reports I've read on Erowid, here on Psychonaut, and other places says that kratom creates a mild euphoric high, and most people compare it to opiates.

I (still) haven't experienced kratom myself, but am hoping to try it soon - it's the first on my list of legal herbs to try!

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Well, I've gotten seeds from: http://www.botanicalspirit.com/ just recently but haven't proporagated them. Pretty cheap, I guess, 50 for 12 bucks or so. Nonetheless, Kratom is hard to start from seed because their viability goes down the crapper in a matter of weeks. Also, in the seedling stages proper humidity is a must. Hope that helps.

dreamybunz

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Sept 2009
Don't give up on seeds that don't germinate straight away, they can be reluctant little blighters. Unfortunately the alkaloidal balance you want doesn't really happen until the plants are at least 5 years old, and these are trees (grow up to about 15m tall), so you need serious bonsai skills if you're planning on growing them indoors!

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
well, SWIM recieved his live kratom plant off of ebay about 2 days ago.. and when i look up on ebay again for kratom, all auctions of either dried kratom or live plants have been banned from ebay. (so im lucky SWIM bought it when he did) do these plants grow fast?