Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Ketamine - Does it wear off on you immediately?

peach

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Nov 2008
I tried some a while back but was amazed by the rate it wore off. I'd feel quite strongly 'displaced' for around 2 or 3 minutes and then rocket back down to sober.

I've been told this obviously wasn't ketamine as it should have last more like twenty minutes, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same, as I've heard from at least one other guy who has. I've also heard people saying a Salvia trip lasts 30 minutes for them, when it's more like 3 for myself. Which is why I'm asking this question, so I know if it's worth going looking for ketamine again. I wasn't particularly impressed when I had it originally. One the first times I turned a drug down.

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
It should last an hour at least when snorted, orally 2+ hours and through an IM injection about an hour.

To me, I can't imagine talking me out of it like I can with Salvia or natural herbs. Ketamine is very strong to me, if it was 2 to 3 minutes to you you haven't even had K.

peach

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Nov 2008
An hour absolutely smack out of your mind so you can't tell where you are?

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
No, it's very serene and placid and feels like you're extremely ''drunk'' and ''stoned''. It feels as your arms and legs are not really a part of your body and eye-sight is as you're underwater with open eyes with no goggles. But the extreme sedation is so comfortable that you don't care and won't freak out (like with opiates or when going to sleep after a rough night with lots of alcohol), hence it's addictive potential.

Remember when moving the cursor on an old slow computer you could see about ten of them running behind? That's Ket. ;)

Kali.jpg

mindfukked

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Fev 2008
Are you sure that wasn't coke you were snorting ? Because K will have you floating for hours for sure. I've only done a lil bit a few times, but that lil bit rocked me pretty hard, and even when it did wear off, I didn't feel completely sober until I went to sleep and woke up the next day.

peach

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Nov 2008
It definitely wasn't coke.

When I snorted it, it felt intense. For a couple of minutes I felt entirely unattached, drunk, stoned and like someone had hit with over the head; but without any of the pain.

But after about three to five minutes, it had worn off to a point that I may have felt a little drunk, but nothing serious at all. My friend felt the same thing and was perfectly capable of playing computer games and walking around fine.

I'm used to getting seriously drunk, stoned or pilled up, so it's not really weak; whatever it was. The initial effect wasn't subtle at all and it seems to fit with all of the descriptions I've heard. But it also didn't last very long.

I never bothered seeking anymore out because I wasn't all too impressed with the effect anyway. If you don't think it was Ketamine, can you suggest what would produce such a similar result for such a short duration?

And, not wishing to offend anyone, but are you used to taking other things until you're regularly on the verge of throwing up because you're drinking, eating or smoking them too quickly?

I've heard people going on about salvia lasting ten times longer on them that it does for me. Or Amanita Muscaria making them trip out. I've eaten huge amounts of that, even smoked it (thanks Erowid :p), and it does nothing. My friend bought more from different places, same thing for him. Some people seem a lot more sensitive to things, or they've hit on a lucky Muscaria. If you're interested, Pantharina is a different beast, it's in no way subtle and nothing at all like a psilocybe trip; almost no visuals for a start. It's also very similar looking to death caps, so no DIY picking! :wink:

mindfukked

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Fev 2008
I'm really not an authority on this in any way, but I do know there are different types of Ket.. some is made for horses, others for cats.. Horse ketamine is some heavy duty stuff, where as maybe if you got a hold of cat ketamine you'd need a lot more of it cause how much do cats weigh, 10 lbs ?

The other thought is maybe it has to do with how your body metabolizes. I've never tried it, but I've heard from anybody who has that Amanita Muscaria is nothing to fuck with so it's noteworthy that you did and were not impressed.

digdug

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Jan 2009
Peach,

It totally depends on route of administration. IM takes about 20-30 seconds to hit - just enough time to lie back and wait for th fun - but the actual dissociation by that method doesn't last long at a dosage I've cared to try. Like you say, its amazing travels for a couple minutes and then a near complete drop off back to earth, BUT lingering effects of slight sedation and intoxication will last for an hour or so.

Never actually tried K any other way, but apparently oral administration provides a longer intoxication, but more blunted.

Phosphorus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Juin 2010
i have only insufflated it, and for me it definatly doesnt wear of before atleast an hour, also i just need a tiny amount, to mutch and i can hardly speak and have to lay down. :rolleyes: Never heard anybody say the real effect took only minuettes for them. Not even the ones that have relativly massive tollerance for it.

MrEmo

Banni
Inscrit
17 Juin 2010
usually lasts 45 minutes for me, insuflated, even in fairly modest amounts

WazOne

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2009
You feel displaced like you will never come of the shit then all of a sudden your str8.. 45 minutes later. That was ketamine hcl solution from the hospital than had been evaporated into ketamine hcl powder..

NEVER AGAIN! :butthead:

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
I have taken K 3 times, all times it was completely worn off about 2-3 hours after starting. First time with 50mg, more like gone in about an hour and a half, seconds time I did 130mg, wore off in about 2 hours. then the last time I did it I did 260mg.. Fuck. 5 hours? Lol with lower dosages it just wears off fast. What your explaining is weird lol

mindbodysoul

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
31 Août 2012
I have never had K wear off before 3 hours for me, maybe you all are getting bad quality? Also one thing to keep in mind is that if you drink or eat sugar before a K high you will ruin it. I always snort it and snort at least 200 mg at a time!

Khole

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Mar 2013
k is k is k cat or dog or rat or horse just different amounts of MG/ml... the horse stuff is Detomadine HCL (sp?) way diff stuff and knocks you out with one nump.. thre is no difference between ketamine unless it is a different drug

ViceWill

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Avr 2013
Your body plays a huge factor in how drugs are absorbed into your system but if your ketamine lasted less than 5 minutes it's pretty safe to say it wasn't ketamine. Salvia's peak comes on very strongly and then its effects rapidly lessen so if you had a low extract you mightn't have felt it.
The only other thing that comes to mind is that both of those drugs mess with your perception of time, so it could have just felt like a few minutes when it was actually a lot longer.

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
I tryed some nice k from a real doc it was ment for people it was grate with the shrooms I had but it only lasted 45 mins but was grate non the less

Kay

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Août 2013
The only thing i could think of is that it was ether very low quality (cut), or the ROA was IV. Usually the effects last about 30 - 90 mins.