Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Ketamine and hunger supression

ProStoner

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
hey

With a lot of chemical drugs , like amphetamines, phenylatemines or even cocaine .. I have experienced that my hungers pretty much goes away when taking these substances.

but I was unable to find anywhere on the internet if this is the thing with ketamine also ?? I presume so, because it is an narcotic so it should take away certain feelings.

but I would like to hear from own experience if u, for example; have a evening to next day party on ketamine, if u experience any hunger that party?

or when becoming hungry . and u take another hit, if it goes away again ?

cause then i`ll know if I have to bring me loads of snacks tonight or not haha

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
ive never felt the urge to eat on k. thinking back im not sure if i could, drinking tea can be an adventure in itself

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
hahaha allright :) thanks
they got chai tea on that party so i`m looking forwardto that then :D

but i`m not planning to take much .. I wanna experience hightened senses, but not the movement impairement haha

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
There's no suppression through the receptors I suppose.

But on a reasonable dose of K, your entire taste and interest in mastication is gone. Also, when doing a medium dose it's already as good as impossible to coordinate properly to move your hand to your mouth and repeat chewing etc.

I once drinked juice on k, I literally thought I was drinking sand. :lol: Food is something for earthlings, not for Kérs.

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
hahaha sounds funny brugmansia :D
well i`m back from the party .. I didnt take 2 high dosages, so the effects were still hard to distinct from an incredible high from weed and the beers

but I noticed that my balance was a bit shibby :p and music was more intense
I didnt have any real hallucinations, color were a bit brighter but that was it

i`m gonna do it on a sober head next time .. with a higher dosage to really feel the full effects

and I wasn't very hungry so that was nice 2 :p haha

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
It's not even a hallucinogen.

It does not produce visuals, or colours whatever, let alone real hallucinations. It's a dissociative. It differs up to some degree from DXM, too.

True, you might misinterpretate the distances within your environment as long as you keep consciousness, along with 'under-water' vision.

The true of effects of K, are impossible to experience on earth. ;)

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I can't imagine eating while on K... Actually sometimes I have little nausea...

OFFTOPIC: Also, one fun thing is that I dont feel cold anymore, the first time I tried it was in the winter it was very cold outside but I went in my car to get a CD and noticed I didn't feel any temperature change between indoor and outdoor :p

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
hehehe :) seeing its a narcotic :) that is not weird hehe :p I don't recall feeling cold either .. but I did feel it when I got hot :D from dancing.

panther_modern

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Oct 2008
ProStoner a dit:
hehehe :) seeing its a narcotic :) that is not weird hehe :p I don't recall feeling cold either .. but I did feel it when I got hot :D from dancing.

Not a narcotic - but a disassociative like DXM and PCP. It actually will raise your respiratory rate but not your cardiac. That's why it was so successful as a field anesthetic in Viet Nam. It doesn't lower your vitals like opiates.

I don't really recall it affecting my hunger one way or another - usually I was on E while doing it so eating wasn't really an issue to begin with. :?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
You won't even feel a burnt skin on a massive dose of K, that's why it's used in emergencies during moments of extreme suffering or pain.

Opiates affect heart pulse and breath capacity too, LD50 of Ketamine HCL is over 4 gram IM. Considering, 200 miligrams IM knocks you completely off with no re-call, Ket is a very safe and an extremely effective painkiller.

It does deplete Vitamine B12 levels though.