Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Keef stuck to side of jar

Jerimah3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Jan 2011
I've got a jar that I keep my nugget in when I carry it around. For some reason all the keef from the bud tends to fall off and stick to the jar, started at just the edges and now it looks like the jar has a thin coating of cane sugar all over it. I've tried using a toothpick to just scratch it off, but it didn't fall off as easily as I would've thought. Anyone else ever had this happen to them? Is there some sort of method of adding water or some liquid then letting it evaporate and leaving some sort of smokable after-product?

Note: I have scraped some off before and it is definitely keef.

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
yep! get a business card, and cut it to an appropriate size, and scrape it! works pretty well.

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
i use a scalpel
im guessing the jars glass, if so heat it with a lighter (dont burn it just a bit of heat) this will soften up the kiff
i love that shit, its almost hash lol

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Get some Isopropyl alcohol and put it in the jar then shake it up a little, It will melt it all off.
Pour the alcohol into a glass vessel that would hold it and allow it to evaporate.
Scrape up the ISO Oil and enjoy 8)

Jerimah3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Jan 2011
Alright, awesome to hear a few scraping methods (and that I'm not the only one this happens to).

I'm intrigued by this alcohol evap method. Can I leave the alcohol in the in the same original jar I poured it in to begin with? What should I expect to see once it's evap'd? Is it more hash like and dense or more crystally and separate? Just don't want to smoke any rubbing alcohol....

flickedbic

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Mar 2011
Alternatively mayhap evap the 'kief-a-propyl-hol' onto some ground bud for an uber-potent joint. :rolleyes:

But yea evaporation dishes are easier than a jar simply because it will be easier to scrape up after evap. :wink:

My dog likes slowly hitting his kief out of a bubbler using the sun and a magnifying glass:idea:

Then again my dog just loves his magnifying glass... :roll:

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
As said by Flickedbic, The main advantage of the dish is its easier to gather up your end product which will be a sticky brown oil, like BHO. The other advantage of a dish would be you would probably have a larger surface area for the alcohol to spread out on, so it would evaporate faster.

Also the idea with the sun and a magnifying glass got me thinking, Im going to have to try this. I was thinking more like using the sunlight to make oil evaporate and catching the vapours as it does, Thanks for the idea Flickedbic.

Jerimah3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Jan 2011
I'll do this probably by the end of the week when my jar empties. But if doing it in a jar is a bad idea then I wouldn't know where to keep it once all the alcohol evaps. Just a plastic bag? anything good? Best way to smoke it would be just like hash? to put some on a little bedding of herb?

flickedbic

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Mar 2011
You could probably roll it into a ball and stick it on the end of a pin in a jar or something, but it might be easier to just evaporate it directly onto some ground herbs in your evap dish. Remember to do like Bob and "Stir it up" so the coating is even. Then, when completely dry, toke the franken-dank.

@ Sticki
You're welcome, 'tho it's not my idea :wink:
Ya; I'll 'probly be buried with my magnifying glass :lol:

Blessings.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
I find using a pyrex (Glass) dish works best for me and I scrape up the final product with a stanley blade.
Then put it on a floppy plastic CD sleeve, I cut the cd sleeve so it is just 1 square instead of the 2 and fold it over straight or diagonally. Then wipe the blades edge in the centre transferring the oil over to the plastic, You can use the plastic to then gather the oil up by pressing the oilly bits together and pulling the plastic apart quickly but carefully. Turn the whole thing and fold it to gather other bits, The lump that forms tends to gather the smears and after a few minutes you will probably understand what your doing but be carefull not to over work it as the heat of your hands will make it runny and it will not stick so well. Should this occur place it in the fridge for 5 minutes and then try again for 2-3 minutes placing it in the fridge any time it becomes too runny :)

You can add some dry sieved kieff to the oil and fold it to make a hash known as jelly hash, It makes it easier to work with. Trying to get the oil from the plastic to the preferd smoking method can be a pain as the stuff is very sticky and easy to heat up. Take it straight from the fridge when smoking and if necessary use a pin to scoop a bit up and heat the middle of the pin for the blob to fall off the tip :)

To store the oil, Fold the plastic over and set it in your jar or in the fridge in a small container.
Smoke the oil in an evaporator or on a bed of weed in a pipe / bong or you can lace a joint with it.

Enjoy 8)

Jerimah3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Jan 2011
Out of curiosity, how long should I expect to let it sit for? it's a small jar like 4" x 1" or so, maybe a tad bigger. Is it just like overnight? a day? or 2? or a week?

Also, could this be done with stems, leaves, and any other greens? or is it just from the keef because of the potency of it?

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Depends on the purity of the alcohol, I guess overnight is a safe bet :)

Stems, Leaves and all other plant trim can be washed with Iso to produce oil.

Enjoy 8)

Jerimah3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Jan 2011
Alright, almost ready, love you walking me through it all, haha. Can I use a plastic dish to to have the alcohol evap in? or does it mess with it somehow?
Also, I just checked my rubbing alcohol, and it's expired, so I'll go out and buy some new stuff and just want to check before I go if it is anything special. The kind I have now says 70% by volume, Isopropyl alcohol.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
No plastic as the alcohol may strip chemicals or other nasty stuff from it.

70% is pretty good, Be sure to make sure that your alcohol has nothing else but Alcohol and Water in it to avoid unpleasant tastes like perfumes or Bitrex.

Jerimah3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Jan 2011
What about metal, specifically the inside of an altoids container as that seems perfect size wise and easily scrapable, and could serve as a permanent place for the hash/keef/oil to reside until used?

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
I think Stainless Steel and other surgical grade metal would be fine but I would imagine an altoids tin may have some residue of the product and maybe from the tin used itself.

Use a pyrex bowl, dish or simillar :)

Jerimah3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Jan 2011
It's been sitting since 9am, will sit overnight, then I think I will put it in the freezer until I get back home later and will scrape it up and sample it then.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Good stuff man :D

Let us know how it goes 8)

Jerimah3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Jan 2011
Still not even close to being fully evap'd, gonna sit for atleast another day....

EDIT: Took it outside and put it in the sun, maybe it evap'd too fast? looks like a lot of red clay colored powdery mud, if that makes sense... still a little moist, gonna let it sit for bit longer.

Jerimah3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Jan 2011
Looked pretty much like unpressed hash, smoked it accordingly and it gives a high like normal with maybe a little hashiness to it, so far nothing to get too excited about. Not bad to smoke though, seemed very smooth and mild.