Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Kava>Alcohol

atypical

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2009
hey,
over the dreary winter swim has developed a bit of an alcohol addiction which now must be kicked
before swim goes treeplanting as he needs to be in top shape, wondering if anyone has experience
with substituting kava tea or smoothies in place of a daily 3-10 beers to smooth the transition back
into the sober albeit regularly toking lifestyle. Does this seem like a good idea? as it will help me sleep,
still give the trigger of drinking something out of a pint glass and calm my nerves.
also as a postscript id like to compare kava dosages with anyone that has experience
I usually take .5 gram 40% kavalactone extract paste daily in one capsule in the morning
tried the kava root bark pulverized in water and milk at doses of 3 grams,4.5 grams, 7 grams and 14 grams didnt
work at all, not even any numbness in my mouth which would tell me the kavalactones were extracted, were these just very low doses perhaps?
mm now Im just high and rambling, any input or discussion would be appreciated as Im trying to get to know this plant better.

:D

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
When I drink powdered kava root, I make each cup with 2 tablespoons of powder (varying amount of water). I usually drink 2-4 cups of this. So 14g is still way too little powder for you to feel it.

Hope that helps.

atypical

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2009
thanks that makes sense, though price points dont on the website im ordering from then, it would be approx 5-10 dollars for one dose of the raw root while 1-3 dollars for an equivalent dose of extracted kavalactones hmm this doesnt make sense to me but im not going to argue with a good deal.

MrEmo

Banni
Inscrit
17 Juin 2010
kava is available as a standardized extract, probably far more convenient if you are working in the field, as it where.