Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Just cooked San Pedro in Aluminium, should I discard?

Brendo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
20 Nov 2012
Hi all!

As the title states, I've just thrown about 12" Pachanoi and 6" Peruvian into an All American PC .. I wasn't till I was half way through that I remembered reading somewhere that Aluminium should be avoided. I've cooked @ 15psi for an hoir, allowed to cool and filtered the juice. I was about to re-do the boil with the remaining plant gunk but I've noticed the juice I'm being left with is bright orange, and has a STRONG smell.. Nothing like cacti would smell like (The smell of it usually reminds me of drinking it every time).

Even though it seems like such a waste, should I discard it?

I might do the remaining 2 boils with the plant gunk in a stainless pot over a slower period.. Or do you think I should discard all of it, as it may be tainted with alloy. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance! :D

Brendo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
20 Nov 2012
Voir la pièce jointe 9946
I've just attached a photo also. Does this help at all?
Is this normal for pressure cooked cacti?
NB, i used the entire thing, skin and all, not sure if this makes a difference to the colour or anything, just figured it'd be wise to point that out :)

Brendo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
20 Nov 2012
Actually now that it's cooled down, it smells more like cactus now.

Hmmm

Anyone?

beefcharcoal

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2012
Hmm im really not sure, Iv done a few google searches and everywhere seems to specifically say - 'In NO CASE should any aluminium cookware, containers, or utensiles be used at any point in the process.'

I still dont really understand why though

Brendo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
20 Nov 2012
I agree, I can't find anything. Man I'm in such a conundrum, what would you do beef?

beefcharcoal

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2012
Have you done this before? Now that its cooled does it look/smell normal. If so, I'd try a little before discarding it.
I managed to find this online, so not sure if the problem would have just been ruining the pot etc you used:

"I didn't think there was any problem in cooking straight cactus and water in an aluminium pot. The problem would be if you were doing something like a DMT extraction in one as sodium hydroxide eats through aluminium like a knife through butter."

"
I think it has something to do with acidic water in aluminum cookware-
Combine that with pulling multiple times, and reducing/concentrating the aluminum pulled off the cookware and it could become a problem. Cactus flesh in and of itself could be acidic, and just using straight distilled water/cactus might be acidic enough to be a problem as well"

Brendo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
20 Nov 2012
Thanks man.

Yeah that's all I could find, ended up discarding it. Risk seemed too high with that musky smell & nah he still smelt tangy the next day, definitely unlike any cactus I've smelt before =\