Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

John Allegro's "The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross" - a Gnost

zezt

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
[youtube]mOu9tV6uy2E[/youtube]

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Gotta love Allegro for standing up to the R.C. Church :lol:

Just gonna watch the video now :)

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
Allegro was SO far ahead of his time pointing out the psychedelic origins of christianity, and he wasnt even a tripper, you have to feel sorry for him with all the shit he got put through because of that book

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Brilliant documentary, Amazing to hear his view in his own words....

I would love to have met him and told him I had blown my TOP and came back fine and have alot to discuss :lol:
My mind runs wild on the possibilities of endless conversation......

I think one thing that I drew a connection to was the new testament section. The new testament could possibly be the contribution of the christian church that followed the out lawing of the real sacrament formed by a crumbling Roman Empire. Jesus's life tells the story of the sacred mushroom and its persecution when it showed the Jews and everyone else the truth...

Or it tells the life of a Shaman/Buddha type person persecuted for the reintroduction of the sacred mushroom. The Amanita Muscaria had already made an appearance in the Torah, It could be what Moses and the slaves he liberated from Egypt were eating when wondering in the desert while looking for Canaan.

Exodus 16:4 - Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.

Just the passage above says to me, I will give you all a psychedelic experience and this will tell me who is fit to walk with me... :shock:

On further examination...

Exodus 16:14 - And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground. 15And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat. 16This is the thing which the LORD hath commanded, Gather of it every man according to his eating, an omer for every man, according to the number of your persons; take ye every man for them which are in his tents. 17And the children of Israel did so, and gathered, some more, some less. 18And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating. 19And Moses said, Let no man leave of it till the morning. 20Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them. 21And they gathered it every morning, every man according to his eating: and when the sun waxed hot, it melted.

Above is the account of the gift of Manna and its description which sounds like a mushroom even to the point that which is when not consumed on the day and left for tomorrow, worms come forth. I have actually seen this with Amanita Muscaria in a video, Some one else was trying to show the fact that what they talk of is a fungus.

Below, A passage from the new testament recognising the consumation of the heavenly gift.
John 6:31 Our forefathers ate the manna in the desert; as it is written: 'He gave them bread from heaven to eat."

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
But you know, some other researchers are more thinking the actual mushrooms where the tryptamines, (also as of, or part of, the Indian Soma also) and also show Christian art depicticting the well-known shape of these mushrooms. Now this doesn't mean it contradicts Allegro because the amanita muscaria mushroom being such a dramatic looking mushroom which also has entheogenic properties could be an --what am calling--arch~mushroom which alludes to all entheogenic mushrooms but not necessarily intending to mean only that one--which many know are unpredictable regarding their psychedelic effects.
But we can be sure that entheogenic substances are being pointed to in the subtext for sure, yes.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
:lol:

You just have to look back thru the history of ALL religions to see they are built on the psychedelic experience as the fertility cults identified, it is the little god or the connection to one.

I am the way, The truth and The light, No man cometh unto the father but through me...
The above passage says it all^