Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

its a start

L

Larry_Golade

Invité
"I'm not afraid to die anymore" one participant told The Lookout.

One day, someone will have to explain to me this recurrence of death-related conclusions people draw out of their trips. As far as my knowledge goes, death per se is and will most probably remain unspeakable and unknowable. No one knows what it feels like to be dead, obviously, even those who claim to have experienced NDEs. If it's near death, well it ain't death yet, right? Why therefore would so many people even mention death when discussing something that happened while they were alive, with certain parts of their bodies even more stimulated than during normal life, thanks to the substances used?

I shroomed several times in my life, but never with EPICOMGWTFBBQ doses, so I may have not reached a point where these conclusions become obvious, but it just strikes me as a problem of method. Feel free to prove me wrong :) .

G

Invité
Actually, they didn't said that they knew what death was all about, only that they didn't feared it anymore.

L

Larry_Golade

Invité
Fair point, but what exactly would motivate this lack of fear if not some sort of knowledge of it? That is unless one's psychonautic experiences support a pre-existing belief, as in 'I don't fear death anymore because I'm now quite positive that Jesus will be there to welcome me' or 'I don't fear death anymore because I've seen the circle of life and reincarnation'. It might or might not be true, but here the relationship between the substance consumed and the newfound certainty about life and death makes sense.

Sticki

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
I feel the fear of death is a conditioned fear of the unknown and some people during a psychedelic experience begin to see things for what they truelly are. They begin to understand that we dont truelly control what is going on we are just lucky to be participating, Like Bill Hicks said "It's just a ride..."

Here is a thought for you 8)

Think of the body as the solid state of being and identify it with the solid state of water, Ice. From the moment of our conception to the point of death we are ice solidifying. While we are growing and experiencing our solid state takes on impurity, Manifestations of physical and mental illness is a prime example. Upon death the impuritys would be left behind, Well 99.9% of them. Some people claim past life trauma and the alikes can inflict on the present life but thats another subject all together :lol:. To get back on subject, In the process of evaporation water transforms from a liquid state into a vapour leaving behind impuritys. It condenses on a cold surface or in the Heavens into the liquid form again and forms clouds of clean water to be poured out on the earth again to bring forth fresh life from the dust.

Man the vessel was fashioned from dust and to it returns but it is the water that binds the living dust and it can only be one again :wink:

Also, Why fear tomorrow when you can be thankful for today ;)

L

Larry_Golade

Invité
I like your metaphor, and oh how I wish I could embrace it and leave doubt and fear behind. My upbringing wasn't religious, but at some point around the end of my high-school years I started to grow an interest in these subjects, and came to the *simple* conclusion that one side had to be wrong, either those who claim that when it's dead, it's dead or those who claim that something else, whatever it may be, awaits us. I also understood, and this is one of the few things I'm completely sure of, that I would never know who's right. These words may sound like those of a Captain Obvious, but this state of total ... agnosis (does this word exist in English?) has been a source of pain ever since.

Hence perhaps my interest in psychedelics, which when properly used seem to give their users a kind of peace, a relief from these issues of life, death, Jupiter and beyond the infinite. My first post wasn't sarcastic at all, I really wish I could understand. Maybe the truth's only a few plants away :wink: .

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
No one can have the final say on what happens at death but it seems illogical to worry about the one thing you are granted at birth.

Those who say there is nothing after death say this for a number of reasons but I would say mainly to ease thier conscience about thier actions and to address fear in the sense that its going to happen so Im living to the full before the inevitable. Some even adopt the attitude "I'll Sleep, When Im Dead!.

Those who fear the unknown and think that they need to buy thier way into heaven or the alikes usually have had religous up bringing and lack true teachings and experiences. I would say in general are confused and scared of themselves and do not trust thier own judgement so seek external guidance.

Those who do not fear death accept that we are here (Possibly by choice) and we must get on with it, Are thankful for each experience and what we have experienced and live in hope that one day we find our true purpose in life. Trying to help many others on our road of self discovery, Exploration of reality and the devine force around us.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
well, what a lot of people dont catch, is that saying "nothing comes after death" is a pretty big, pretty expansive statement. not in that it's false, but in it's certain degree of truth. if everything is what we can experience now, then when we die, we will no longer experience this conventional "everything". so what is there to experience? nothing. "nothing" has got to be the most understated concept of our time, and largely because it is not manifested. it is in fact, just so, "that which is unmanifested". but when you think about that, and the implications, what does that mean? to be manifested means to be an object, physical, something to be experienced by the senses. but when you think more about this, you get to things like consciousness. what is consciousness? it is not manifested. it cannot be percieved as a thing, because that which is trying to perceive consciousness, is consciousness itself. so to go back, when we say, nothing comes after death, that logically, would mean that, you would become one again with that which is unmanifested, including pure consciousness. consciousness, not distracted and fragmented by mental concepts which divide and segment. you become pure nothingness, and at the same time pure consciousness.