Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

IS TV LAME- INFORMATIVE AT BEST-USELESS-CRAP!

DO YOU FIND TELEVISION TODAY?

• LAME

Votes: 0 0,0%
  • BORING

• EXCITING

Votes: 1 12,5%
  • INFORMATIVE

• EDUCATIONAL

• WAST OF TIME

• REALITY CALL

Votes: 6 75,0%
  • PUT YOU TO SLEEP

• COMPLAINT

• DO YOU PREFER SOMETHING ELSE

Votes: 1 12,5%

• Nombre total d'électeurs

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
It's up to you, you may vote up to ten times and there are ten options.

Cosmik_Debris

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Août 2010
There's some good, worthwhile, educational stuff on TV sometimes. It's like trash picking, most of it's crap, but there's some treasures to be found. Like a program I saw last night on the Science channel called "Finding My Mind". It was about the scientific search to define conciousness, andpinpoint exactly what makes a being concious and self-aware. Very interesting and thought-provoking show. That's why, if I ever watch TV, it's usually only Discovery Network or History Network channels...or Comedy Central :D

Of course, you also have people like Bill O'Reiley on TV...

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
what ever happened to that mushroom trip.cosmik
never been to spain.
griffiti is art i reckon.
double the effort on news, thats all i ask.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
That's why, if I ever watch TV, it's usually only Discovery Network or History Network channels...or Comedy Central

+National geographic, -History Channel.

The history channel has had some really bogus B.S. on their broadcast. One of them actually claimed there was a UFO in the Mona Lisa painting... So dumb.

"All I watch is science of comedy"

I like people who abide by that rule :D

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Any TV shows or documentaries I want, I just download. I fucking HATE commercials! Also, looking at channels like discovery and history now, and remembering them 10 or so years ago, you can see how they have degenerated. They seem to have "dumbed" or watered down their content for a different audience than before. They've made things flashy and exciting, but with less actual information. Lots more of the bullshit reality TV on these channels too, far less educational.

I mean "Destroyed in Seconds" on discovery channel??? :roll:

waygie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Août 2010
i don't really consider entertainment to be a waste of time

but not everything needs a use beyond simple entertainment

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I don't know how I stand on entertainment

"The movies and bars are the opiates of the masses"

But isn't that what we want - to be happy and occupied?

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
what I want more than that is to not be influenced by people peddling paper towels and colon cleansers....

my definition of happiness is to be free of coercive commerce-related garbage, and TV fails miserably.

TV is for stupid people

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
pay per view :D

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
The coercive influence is still there, anywhere you look. Movies are a little more subtle, but it's in them too.

Those are only one aspect of why I think it's crap.....it is a very poor form of escapism, at its very best

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I love watching movies with advertising in them. Sometimes they are so overwhelmingly subconscious though, it's interesting.

The invention of lying is a wonderful example.

When he reads the ten commandments that he made off two pizza hut boxes...

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I watch a lot of stuff that has been on tv and that some nice people have encode and put on a Bittorrent site. Only good, well produced shows and documentaries. Oh and the Daily Show and Real Time with Bill Maher.

My real tv hasn't been on for months, because the good stuff is extremely rare on free tv, and most of what's on there is so stupid that I just can't watch it. Sometimes when I have a real bad hangover and I'm basically unable to move and think, then I switch it on and watch some stupid shit, but that's about it.

By the way I'm a freeloader right now because there are no good commercial options available for on-demand HD television shows and documentaries. When the pirated content is better than what they offer commercially, well, what can I do? :roll:

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
commercials are invading our privacy. you can't even watch youtube videos or listen to pandora anymore...

i wouldn't mind so much if the products weren't total SHIT trying to steal my money for half assed ideas i could make for free at my house

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
The exorcism movies are a joke. They have absolutely nothing to do with the 'churches' stance on real exorcisms. They are hollywood taking something that has a specific use and mutilating for the sake of box office numbers. Believing those exorcism movies are real is like believing in the vampires and werewolf movies as being legitamite scientific endeavors.

Though reading what you guys write in the extraction threads maybe some of you are von frankenstein! lol! :D

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
Schwanke668 a dit:
The exorcism movies are a joke. They have absolutely nothing to do with the 'churches' stance on real exorcisms. They are hollywood taking something that has a specific use and mutilating for the sake of box office numbers. Believing those exorcism movies are real is like believing in the vampires and werewolf movies as being legitamite scientific endeavors.

Though reading what you guys write in the extraction threads maybe some of you are von frankenstein! lol! :D

"...churches stance on real excorcisms..."
yes i know, but that isn't my point. the point is, why would there be so many of these movies, if no one percieved the messages from religion this way? there is a connection there, whether intentional (on the churches part) or not. im just making observations, i've seen more of these movies in the last, say, 2 years, then i have seen altogether in a long while...

could just be a coincidence... :p :lol:

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
Actually it probably is just conincidence. Ive studied hollywood culture a few times and one thing is if ONE producer comes out with an idea and it seems like its popular 3 or 4 or more will jump on and remake it at the same time. Thats why there are so many similar disaster movies, or werewolf movies, or comic book movies. The ideas float around hollywood in multiple forms and some get split and turn into multiple movies or spawn new ideas of new movies and with it taking 3 to 5 years to do a good movie they are all in production at once and pop out at the same time within months or a year of each other.

I think the exorcist thing is just pop culture feeding off the church's bad wrap for the molestation (which is probably a lot more truer then ANYONE really wants to admit) but movies on that subject wouldnt sell real well. Who could see three of them in two years? But exorcism is a 'classic' hack the church movie. Conscious or subconscious.

G

Invité
TV is a tool to control the population and keep people asleep so they work and consume quietly.

It provides shitty culture and it makes shitty people in a shitty world.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
if you only look at the negatives, yes.

@schwanke. that wouldn't be a coincidence then.. :lol: i don't believe in coincidences. but that also does not mean that i believe that EVERYTHING HAS TO BE RELATED IN A VERY CONTRIVED WAY. i get your point though