Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Is this a way of meditation?

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
I heard a lot about meditation on this forum.
I tried it, but I think that I don't have the patience for it.
But now I have a kind of sunbed. It's not a regular sunbed what gives a blue light via special tl-lights, but one who look like this:

1b.jpg

(Woman not included).

It get's pretty warm under it, don't know if that's also the case with "normal" sunbeds.
Before I lie under it, I start some nice music, like new age, minimal or lounge music, set the timer, and close my eyes...

After a couple of minutes I'm totally relaxed and I'm enjoying the nice warm feeling with the nice music and I come in some sort of dreaming state.

When the timer reaches his last minute, the device starts beeping, that's the point where you need to turn yourself over and set the timer again, so your back and the front gets the same amount of light.
But when it beeps, it always get's me out of the dreaming state in a rough way. I don't know how I can explain that feeling, but imagine that you have the feeling that you're relaxing and someone throws a bucket with cold water over you.

Is this a way of meditation?

druglessdouglas

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
hey, your pretty. there are lots of different types of meditation and yours may be one. mine is less likelly to rot the DNA, but if it calms the mind then yes its a kind of meditation. the what is ego death, meditation methods and this thread are really one. many types of tantric yogic taoist and budhist meditation aim towards ego death or loss. i practice standing zen which is supposed to make you chi aware, but the style of kung fu i study (hsing i or xing yi) aims towards wuji or empty mind which is a form of ego death. we get tangled up in words. rock climbers experience ego death. everything is permitted, nothing is true

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
sure its a kind of a meditation as you relax yourself under the sunbed ...

but maybe it's because of UV rays ??? like when you're in the sun you kind of naturally relax as well because of the heat and maybe because of the UV rays or the warmth ...

but i don't like the artificial light with UV that is created in a sunbed ... also i don't know what kind of your sunbed is ... it may be because of the heat in the sunbed, too ... i mean really warm air oder water most of the times really relaxes your body ...

of course if you reach a dreamlike state of mind then you are in meditation ... or that's maybe the definition that i would apply to meditation: a dreamlike, relaxed, focused or wandering state of mind ... there are many types of meditation though . so it's not so easy to describe it, but what i think about meditation is that it kind of expands your consciousness and lets you experience parts of yourself or your environment that you couldn't explore in this depth until then.

peace 8)