Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Is this a side effect of Cannabis?

Djones

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Nov 2006
Lately, when I look in the mirror, I saw something has changed in my face.
It took a while before I finally found out what had really changed.

Well, the skin above my mouth seems like it has become thicker!
Although it's just a minor thing, for me it looks like my appearance has changed quite a lot.

The only thing I could think of, is the fact that I started smoking Cannabis for 8 months now, and that it's breaking down certain vitamins which are responsible for the health of my skin.
Also have my gums turned dark red.
An no matter how much fruit I eat, and take my daily multivitamins, it's still red.

Do you think Cannabis is responsible for the above stated issues?

If so, is there anything I could take to make up for the vitamin loss?

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
I would say it is unlikely caused by cannabis use. If it is really a concern you should see a doctor but I would say I am 99% sure it is not due to prolonged cannabis use.

JustinNed

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Maybe silly and obvious, but do you practice good oral care? >_>

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
Try to quit for a while and look if it's changing back to "normal".
Or you could eventually go to see a doctor, if it's getting worse.

HeartCore a dit:
Do you smoke pure or with tobacco?

Tobacco isn't good for your skin. So if you smoke with tobacco, it can be caused by that.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
^I second that.

Weed seems to do nothing bad to the skin. It only makes the skin more pale and elastic if sufficient vitamins and water is consumed.

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
And if you smoke a lot, you'll normally start to look (a bit) tired, including dark zones under your eyes (don't know the translation).

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I know plenty of chronic and occasional smokers and have never, ever heard or seen anything of the above symptoms.

Agree with most of the suggestions above... as for your gums, sounds like common gingivitis maybe (but i'm no expert)?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
maybe you notice subtle changes on your appearance and others don't notice it ...

but also it might be because of the natural unhealthiness of SMOKING. SMOKING cannabis is naturally unhealthy similar but unlike tobacco.

if you want to get in balance with the cannabis smoking you'd probably change a bit your diet ... i don't know what exactly your body is lacking, but dark red gums indicate that there is more blood in that area for transporting protection stuff or reconstruction stuff. (blood is a transporter of both of these) so the smoke in the mouth isn't exactly healthy as well, that's maybe why you're gums are more red. but it might be also that you don't need to see a problem there... maybe your body is in a transition and needs to change to retain the balance and therefore your gums need to "fixed". ;)

it can be lots of reasons actually that you start to see changes in your appearances.

peace.

Peyote&Syrup

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Juin 2008
Cannabis smoking has been linked to gum disease and the like. Also, as BrainEater mentioned, smoking anything is bad for your skin and gums. You're bringing in CO2 and the like and they enter your blood, absorbing important chemicals in the blood. I would say put off smoking for about a month and see if things return to normal. Also, try brushing and flossing more and change your diet. My skin got much better and stayed that way after I became a vegitarian and stopped drinking soda as much. And as for the upper lip skin thing...that I just don't understand. Are you smoking joints until the flame gets to your mouth and burns your upper lip, because then it would scar and heal over it. Haha, I seriously doubt this is the case though.

.....right?

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
This has nothing to do with cannabis.
Sounds more like a general health issue or perhaps hormonal.
Diet, exercise and other environmental factors (including smoking in general) can affect the skin and gums, so try augmenting some of these and see if it makes a difference. If it persists, go see a doctor.