Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Is Cereus peruvianus also mescaline containing?

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Hi all,

I was in some big store today where they sell lot's of flowers and quite a few cacti. In my amazement I spotted two "Cereus peruvianus mons" cacti. And I was wondering if this species also contain Mescaline? Because I looked at some websites that said the "Trichocereus peruvianus" (like Peruvian Torch) contain it.

I hope anyone can help me out here, thx

Cheers!

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
Unfortunately they don't contain mescaline or have any known psychoactive qualities. But they seem to be somewhat popular as houseplants.

Goran.Hrsak

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Viaticus a dit:
Unfortunately they don't contain mescaline or have any known psychoactive qualities. But they seem to be somewhat popular as houseplants.

Maybe contain mescalin or other Lophophora Wiliiamsii alchaloids.For Trichoricereus psyentusiastics learn before couple years.Maybe I am in missimfo but even you Viaticus will confirm that Tricho is relativly new stuff for 90% not south america psynauts! So I belive that there is groo of other cacti that have psydelic components, but nobody is reasrching and searching for that kind of cacti-60sties are over and that kind of colective scientist like Tim Leary,Hoffman,Ronald Stark,Shoulgin couple,Claudio Naranjo,and many others.Only what is left are visionars but amaters comparing to people in old and gold times.Sorry for that kind of long writing-I have urge to spell that.SIN LOI. 8) :!: :(

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
Goran.Hrsak a dit:
Maybe contain mescalin or other Lophophora Wiliiamsii alchaloids.

According to Lycaeum.org it contains no mescaline. http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=14676

For Trichoricereus psyentusiastics learn before couple years.

Trichocereus peruvianus and Cereus peruvianus seem to get confused often due to the resemblance of the names, but they are two totally different species. But I have to admit, I was unable to comprehend your sentence completely, so I'm not quite sure what you meant. Sorry in advance for possible misinterpretation.

Maybe I am in missimfo but even you Viaticus will confirm that Tricho is relativly new stuff for 90% not south america psynauts! So I belive that there is groo of other cacti that have psydelic components, but nobody is reasrching and searching for that kind of cacti

Yes, there are a lot of cacti out there and too little research. I too believe that there are still many species with undiscovered psychoactive qualities. But the particular cacti that was in question in this thread doesn't seem to have any.

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Viaticus a dit:
According to Lycaeum.org it contains no mescaline. http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=14676

Trichocereus peruvianus and Cereus peruvianus seem to get confused often due to the resemblance of the names, but they are two totally different species.

Okay, that's clear enough thanks guys! It's a bit shabby though that I was so euforic, I instantly bought two.. but ah what the heck it was only 8 euro together. :roll:

Btw, it's new for me that there still are many cacti that haven't been researched on a psychoactive manner. Sounds kind of nice though, who knows what kind of cacti still await to be adored!.. and eaten ;)

Cheers!

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Viaticus a dit:
Goran.Hrsak a dit:
Maybe contain mescalin or other Lophophora Wiliiamsii alchaloids.

For Trichoricereus psyentusiastics learn before couple years.

Trichocereus peruvianus and Cereus peruvianus seem to get confused often due to the resemblance of the names, but they are two totally different species. But I have to admit, I was unable to comprehend your sentence completely, so I'm not quite sure what you meant. Sorry in advance for possible misinterpretation.

[quote:1kpx7jvu]Maybe I am in missimfo but even you Viaticus will confirm that Tricho is relativly new stuff for 90% not south america psynauts! So I belive that there is groo of other cacti that have psydelic components, but nobody is reasrching and searching for that kind of cacti

Yes, there are a lot of cacti out there and too little research. I too believe that there are still many species with undiscovered psychoactive qualities. But the particular cacti that was in question in this thread doesn't seem to have any.[/quote:1kpx7jvu]

I mean that Trichoricereus is new source of mescalin to us europians, and there was no confusion about tricho and other one with peruvian name in it for me.But my point is that before 4 years there was no shop with Tricho and imfo about that cacti and only small bunch of people knowed that Tricho is psydelic.And at the end people who knowed 99% lived in South America. 8)

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
I bought them too!! they do have some alkoloides in them but the concentration is so low that you probably have to eat imposible amount!! but they are beautiful when they get really big

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
I bought them too!! they do have some alkoloides in them but the concentration is so low that you probably have to eat imposible amount!! but they are beautiful when they get really big

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
but they are beautiful when they get really big

Well, the tricho's are also pretty beautiful and more than easy to grow. You pay a few Euros (less than 10) for a small 6-8cm cutting and they grow fast. So why not just buy a real San Pedro (or 2 or 3?)