Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Internet security

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Are you concerned about your safety in the internet ? What do you do about it ? How do you secure yourself ? What programs and methods do you use ? Have you got any tips ? And / or thoughts on the subject ?

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
I'm quite concerned about it. With Big Brother running rampant and unchecked, it's up to the individual to protect their privacy. I personally have a physical firewall that puts out a fake IP address, as well as Zone Alarm (highly recommended). I use other things if I'm running P2P programs, as well.

Any suggestions on how to make this more secure, please let me know. I'm always up for more security. (Also it's not paranoia if the government really IS out to get you.)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
What do you mean by a physical fire wall ? A router with a firewall in it ? Or a firewall card ?

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
GOD a dit:
What do you mean by a physical fire wall ? A router with a firewall in it ? Or a firewall card ?

A router with a firewall; Linksys if you're curious. They're a good company, I definitely recommend them. Not the easiest to set up though if you have no idea what your doing.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
My friend dan the man is paranoid and is behind two NAT routers . He also has a socket lock from Gibson industrys in the USA and a little tool to set his services up from the chaos computer club . Then hes got cackperksky 2009 and a doctored copy of XPP SP3 with all the critical fixes which he has cut down to the basic mimimum with Nlite and then after he instaled it cut down again with XPLite . Plus a big host file to block nasty sites . Then he got Troubleshooter and turned off a few more services . He uses Firefox 3.1 to with Blocksite , perspectives , customise google and scrooogle . He likes what he has but is still interested in more security ideas .

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
linux as OS, proxy for special websites and truecrypt for special files..

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
We should check up on software called "Encase" to see what big brother can easily do . One can start here :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EnCase

This is industry software , big brother has other nastyer software if he feels the need to use it .

Carebear

Banni
Inscrit
11 Juil 2008
{the past}

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
I am not that much concerned (as in afraid of the police).
i'm more furious at some companies (for example: tribalfusion), who install (almost) undectable cookies on your pc, and then sell your personal information to other websites/companies.... They make profits with our personal information, and i didn't allow them to do that, those fuckers...

I have those tribalfusion-cookies on my pc, but i haven't find a way to remove them yet.. If any one knows a way to do that => tell me pls...

GOD a dit:
We should check up on software called "Encase" to see what big brother can easily do . One can start here :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EnCase

This is industry software , big brother has other nastyer software if he feels the need to use it .

mmm, maybe i am concerned now

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
What operating system have you , and what browser/s do you use ?

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
GOD a dit:
What operating system have you , and what browser/s do you use ?

winblows vista & mozilla firefox..

Few months ago, i had a bootcamp with Vista & Ubuntu Linux. But ubuntu couldn't recognise my WLAN-card, so i had no acces to internet.. and that sucked, so i removed the bootcamp and now i'm stuck with vista

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
If you open firefox and look above the adress bar for "Options" then "Privacy" you can control what cookies you acept and how long they stay on your system for . You can also delete them .

In vista you will also have Internet Explorer , i dont have it on my system but there should be a way of controling cookies in the options for that program . There should also be a way to get from the start button to an icon called "Internet options" where you can also delete cookies . I cant tell you that exactly because my system is in German and i dont know how to translate the route to it into English . Someone else will have to describe that for you .

SnakeEyes

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
tools->internet options-> browsing history->delete and then there are different categories among which cookies

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
yeah, i know that, have don that a couple of tims, but the cookies always come back.. I've even tried to not accept ant cookies at all (added a few exeptions of safer sites i often visit), but that won't do it too..

I also use CC-cleaner & spybot, but it seem they can't permanently delete those cookies either.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I only acept cookies from the original sites and delete them every time i turn firefox off . I dont have a problem . If you do the things that we said the cookies get deleted and only come back when you visit some sites .

For some sites one has to acept their cookie or one cant get in but its still posible to delete them when you want to .

If you explain whats going on on your computer that you dont like and how you know that you have bad cookies i`m sure we can help you . Its just a matter of you changeing the settings you have on your computer . If you tell me a site that puts bad cookies on your computer i will go and see if i get them then i can maybe tell you how to avoid them .

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
I have now the same settings (Firefox & IE delete cookies and personal data when i close browser).. Although my CC-cleaner still detects following cookies, even when i run CC-c 2 times after each other, without opening FF or IE between the two runs:

VERWIJDERING COMPLEET - (0.371 seconden)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 bytes verwijderd.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details van de verwijderde bestanden
Verwijderde Cookie: google.com
Verwijderde Cookie: google.be
Verwijderde Cookie: kontera.com
Verwijderde Cookie: tribalfusion.com
Verwijderde Cookie: sourceforge.net
Verwijderde Cookie: doubleclick.net
Verwijderde Cookie: quantserve.com
Verwijderde Cookie: kuleuven.be
Verwijderde Cookie: cygnus.cc.kuleuven.be
Verwijderde Cookie: microsoft.com
Verwijderde Cookie: m.webtrends.com
Verwijderde Cookie: psychedelic.be
Verwijderde Cookie: digitalpoint.com
Verwijderde Cookie: www.psychedelic.be
Verwijderde Cookie: wunderloop.net
Verwijderde Cookie: bt.ilsemedia.nl
Verwijderde Cookie: atdmt.com
Verwijderde Cookie: stats.ilsemedia.nl
Verwijderde Cookie: statcounter.com
Verwijderde Cookie: nl.netlog.com
Verwijderde Cookie: netlog.com
Verwijderde Cookie: metriweb.be
Verwijderde Cookie: ad.yieldmanager.com
(verwijderede = deleted :p )

most sites of these above i never visit, only psychedelic.be, google and kuleuven.be ...
so they just always come back for an unkown reason..

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Then they must come from third partys , and both firefox and internet explorer arent working properly , and crap cleaner is not working properly = it detects cookies and doesnt delete them .

Has anyone else got cookie problems ? Has anyone else got crap cleaner on their system ?