Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Induced Self-Medication

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Okay, I know this is going to sound far-fetched, but have any of you tried to boost certain brain chemical production? For example you'll meditate for a period of time, and then slowly let your brain try to produce melatonin to sleep, or if you're stressed, induce serotonin or dopamine like-feelings. Finally, if you're tired, meditate and force adrenaline production.

Again I know how crazy this sounds, and I really the power of self-suggestion, but do you think it's possible?

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
Dark is everything alright?
chemical energy is not only activated by outside stimulation but can be produced and stored by by the addition of the basic building blocks amino acids, I think.

What sort of increase or decrease are we talking about.
Every person that has used a ?????????? knows how much impact that can have on the nervous system.

As for a specif region of the brain one would need to use a recreational substance that is designed to enhance or mimic that chemical with enhanced outside stimuli.

the neurotransmitters you have classified are very common and well known.

I will stop there but I had more to say.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
to a point.

I can meditate when extremely tired for about 15 minutes and it will last me about an hour and a half of "awakeness".

But other times this is an unhealthy option, and I must sleep.

But yes, it is possible. (all situations you mentioned)

EyeSpot

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Août 2010
I like the idea of this. It seems like it would take a lot of time to learn but it would be awesome to be able to control the chemicals in your brain.
I've thought about this before, like if it would be possible for some type of yogic master to be able to flood their ow brain with chemicals to give themself an almost MDMA high. And in the book Tryptamine Palace, Oroc talks about tibetan buddhist believing that they are flooding their brains with DMT during dark meditation which allows them to cross into another realm.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Viljo - yeah I'm alright, just testing the boundaries

EyeSpot - looks like I got to catch up on some reading, thanks

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
I think this is perfectly possible. And i commend you for exploring new posibilities with your brain.

Its people like you who are going to advance the human race. :rolleyes:

one thing i learned on my last trip is that, the mind is only bound by how you perceive reality. meditation helps remove those boundaries, and opens the mind up to new possibilities.

if one were to adapt that ability into normal daily life, am i wrong in thinking that the brain would incorperate into a thoughtless task? it seems like it would be possible to me.

imagine what else the human mind could achieve with generations of this type of "mind training". you guys have heard of telepathy while tripping havnt you? :mrgreen: i can see the brain being capeable of MUCH more than we use it for now.

EyeSpot

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Août 2010
This is all awesomely intriguing. I read your last trip report, Trick, and I really think you're right. The trick is to learn to change your perception without the help of tools. :mrgreen: Of course things like mushrooms are awesome tools because they show us the way and I personally think our minds almost take them as a cheat sheet and can remember small ways to remove the boundaries that our ego's place on us after we remove them with the shrooms. I don't know how much sense this makes but it makes a lot in my head. haha.

And Dark, Tryptamine Palace is an awesome book and I think it helps in this sense because Oroc uses a lot of ideals from eastern religions to help understand his experiences with 5-meo-dmt. But I'm sure there are a lot of books more specific to this topic. I just happen to be reading this book right now. :)

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
I'm happy with the comments so far. All I want to add is:

Trick - As great as that would feel, if I were advancing the human race, I think we'd all be gone by now. I'm the uncle tom of humans...

Eyespot - Okay, I got to read this thing now. I'm a big believer in the body, brain, soul theory (ie. our body houses the brain and the soul. The soul is infinite, but the brain acts like the regulator for how far the soul can go, similar to a car having a limiter, so we don't just explode with energy. Looking forward to this read.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Your talking scientifically for raising certain energies.

As trick says, what you believe governs you.

If you know not of the way these things are said to work who says they have to work in that way???

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
the example is simple;

Close your eyes, think of the most beautiful place you could ever imagine. Now paste that feeling on your room.

To be honest, I believe if you were dedicated and "pasted" these feelings on everything around you, you would be an extremely happy person.

I've been experimenting with the ability to "build" your love for your surroundings, rather than it comeing naturally or randomly. It's very real, but I don't know the consequences.