Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

incubation problem

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
hi all,

i've been trying to assemble an incubator out of a few plastic containers with lids, an aquarium thermometer with an auto on/off switch sensitive to heat that goes up to 100 degrees F, and some water...similar to a few incubator tek ideas out there such as those found at shroomery.com

...the thing is even after several hours of turning the thermo up all the way, the water never gets hot enough to heat the whole container. basically the water is only slightly warm. i attempted just leaving the thermo in the container without water which def. heats the container up like hell(to the point of turning the water to steam on contact)...the only problem is i don't think it's very safe to heat any aquarium thermo up without it completely submerged in water. otherwise a fire may result. i could be wrong about that though. i don't know, but i don't want to find out. does anyone have any advice/tips/feedback?

JustinNed

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Haven't read/heard of the incubator tek, sorry.

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
working in a lab with an archaic waterbath (an element and thermostat in water) there was one other crucial bit of kit attached - a little propeller in the water mixes it, although I have no experience with DIY incubators, I assume this would have the same function.

Another idea might be to place the thermostat and element further apart... although you would probably get over heating then :)

hope that helps.

Pariah

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"does anyone have any advice/tips/feedback?"

No offence ment , BUT .......... FUCK shroomery.com . You should have learnt that by looking at what they sugested and what happened . If you look at the GOD TEK thread it has been partly explained and the rest of the explanation will apear shortly . If you ask questions even quicker .