I'm homeless! WEE!

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
I don't know why any of you would care about my current situation, but it is late, I am frustrated, and since this part of the site seems the best to post a rant on I am going to take full advantage right now.

First - I was put out of my older brother's house because his Aspire Netbook came up missing a night I was staying there. He knows I didn't take it but he is still seething fuckin' angry with me.

Second - IF you have ever taken from the common man, you should be gutted with a fucking steak knife, thrown into a woodchipper, fed to your nearest family member and shit into a fire ant mound.

Third - I cannot even believe that in 2010 with all of the advancements we have made in technology, entertainment, and the ease of social networking that there are still motherfuckers out there crooked enough to walk into a house and take the nearest piece of anything that looks valuable.

Fourth - This fucktard didn't even take the charger! WHAT GOOD IS THAT YOU STUPID SHITHEAD?! Someone definatly shit in this person's gene pool.

Because scum still walks this earth I am now put in a very objective situation. I am jobless, without a car, hungry most of the time, and otherwise completely fucked until my haunted house gig starts the last weekend of September. I'll survive. It's not like I have never been down and out before and I know how I am going to fix this problem, but it isn't something I planned on happening to me ever again. Major dissapointment. It is back to couch surfing and once again relying on my friends hospitality until I can raise the money to get my license back and fix my ride. FUCK MY LIFE!

Bad things happen to good people. The guy who said that was thinking about me. I don't know if I'll ever trust anyone again. I may even beat the shit out of a stranger in the streets after chugging a bottle of jack. It may just be the ticket to making me feel a whole lot better about this shit. Besides, one STL crack-head's pain only serves the city as well as being an emotional comfort to me.

I stole an aspire notebook once...

It was december-ish. Now that is one epic fucking story :rolleyes: or atleast the way I tell it...

I used to have no morals about stealing, and really still don't. The reason is, if someone comes to my house, and takes my shit, I don't care. I don't lock my car, I don't lock my house, I lock my bike though, simply cause I'd be fucked for work.

I realy just don't have any morals in that area.

IJesusChrist a dit:
I realy just don't have any morals in that area.
IJC! Take some more psychedelics to fix that shit! It's one of the oldest human rules out there and it makes perfect sense to have :axe:

That's really shitty for you Spencer, sounds like you know what to do about it though. Good luck :D You're not serious about the stranger though are you? If someone did that to me, I'd take their thumbs.

Yeah I know, I've been confronted with it... My excuse remains; that I want to live in a utopia where everything is shared, and everyone is provided for.

It's my threat to capitalism, but unfortunately, I don't really care who I take from - I do have rules about it though. I will never break anything to steal, I will never take from someone poorer than me, and I will not take from some one intelligent... Oi, it sounds bad when I type it, and probably "is" bad.

im not going to judge this. simply state: i train in muay thai, and we are taught an oath. it's called the oath of a nak muay (responsible muay thai follower). the oath is to be memorized and goes:
(keep in mind this is translated from thai dialects)

i will take care of myself, to be always clean, strong, and behave with integrity.
i will not take advantage of those weaker than me.
i will live to help my people whenever possible.
i will make good deeds, and help the nation.
i will avoid any trouble.

the way i see it, if somebody stole from me, or anyone else, (not from corporations. steal from them all you can, please) that means that they are obstructing this message of peace. i have chosen my path as a warrior, and it is my burden/gift to carry, i sacrifice myself as much as i can(im working on improving even more) to uphold this law. you should pray that you never steal from the wrong person, or a person like me on the wrong day. just something you should consider, for your safety.

As you can tell by my next statement, I really have no morals in this issue;

I wouldn't care.

If I steal and get caught, shame on me for stealing. If I steal and get my ass beat, good! If I steal a bike and get to where I need to go, well, fuck, the poor guy doesn't have a bike...

The main thing I used to steal is clothes, from large companies. Then I really had too many clothes and didn't care to risk it anymore, so I started buying 2nd hand, which is basically the same thing as stealing, just morally ok by capitalism.

The time I stole the laptop, I was extremely intoxicated and walked into the wrong house. The people tha tlived in the house the night before had been real pricks to me, so, my drunken self picked up their laptop. As I sobered up and realized I was walking around with a laptop at 2am on a dead winter night in the coldest fucking place on earth I tried to set myself right. I found the most beat down house that I had seen for a few blocks and (drunkenly threw) placed the laptop on their porch. I didn't want it...

I stole paint. Good! Fuck it.

I steal bikes whenever they aren't locked up, I take them to class and then place them where I found them when I'm done.

I steal spices for food, I don't care. Fuck 'em.

I steal small things from custodial / laboratory areas from school - I justify it firstly by realizing I will use the item to a much greater extent than where I had taken it from...

I don't break into houses and steal money, I don't try to take bikes that are locked up, I don't attempt to take phones, mp3s or other electronics, the laptop was an odd experience. I don't take things that are going to make people extremely sad or mad, I try to take things that will go unnoticed, but benefit me as a person of hobbies.

Taking psychodelics did nothing for or against my stealing - other than I knew I would never steal from a person directly, violently, or would indirectly cause emotional pain.

[youtube]TcZYQqsgpSQ[/youtube]

Yeah man, you can't expect not to be called out for admitting doing ridiculously stupid shit!! I have had my bike stolen before and I'd love to collect kneecaps for shit like that :x

I think you were directing the freegan thing to the OP though eh? That's funny shit- definitely not for everyone :p

Alright, here is the deal.

I am not an immature little child, and that is a bit overly offensive. I wouldn't consider it stealing a persons bike if I ride it to class, fill up the tires, and then bring it back. If I repair old bikes, enough so they are usable, and leave them for other people. I have never taken a bike that wasn't mine unless it was intentionally left behind (freshman that move out of the dorms every year leave bikes afterwords). I have GIVEN more bikes to the community than I have ever taken...

YOU are being caught up in societies right's and wrongs and ownership, I would gladly give up my possessions to someone who needed them, they are nice, I like having nice speakers to listen to sound, but they aren't a necessity to my way of life, and if someone else is using them, so be it.

If I was stealing to sell back, and gain money, go ahead and flag me as an immature p.o.s. but I'm not.

There is no ownership, only in capitalism. And that ownership is backed up by reciepts, not god or nature. That reciept is backed up by guns and jail, not morality. YOU need to look beyond that, or be consumed by western culture, which is now global...

You can look at it as a scum bag thing to do, which, in most cases is probably correct, but have you really analyzed it? You're analyzing consumerism as if it is OK, and that it is right.

That, is your arguement then, which then propogates to stealing as morally incorrect. These rules were not placed by any natural cause, nor were they perpetuated as such - they are made by man and enforced by violence and prison. Wake up, don't associate me with scum douche bags, or I will associate you with an ignorant american.

I'll take an analogy for clarity. That freegan video shows someone dumpster diving in the trash for food. The owner comes out and realizes what they are doing is illegal and yells at them. The person, of course, knows that what they are doing isn't morally incorrect in any way, but the mere SIGHT and association of someone DIGGING in the trash stinks of corrupt behavior, someone who is threatening my safety or security, or otherwise.

What am I doing, but takeing something of use, and putting it back? If the person was extremely enraged the bike was gone, do you not think they would buy a 20$ lock for their 300$ bike that I returned?

Are you being the store owner, seeing the touching of the bike as a corrupt act, fouled by the system, and in some way, a morally incorrect individual? Are you the one going to call the cops on the "Douche bag stealing scum"?

I'm in a very defensive mood right now, and have been for some time. My awareness of reality - especially the political and societal views that are opressing us have gone on peak. I'm a bit un easy at the moment, and calling me an immature child really wasn't necessary.

If you are going to steal anything, steal from the man. Places like wal-mart for instance. LOL I can't believe how this thread has grown since I last logged on. I agree with dude's words about how stealing from your neighbor is pretty much shitting down the throat of hope for a peaceful world.

Yeah, I forgot ownership was natural.

Receipts, guns, prison and jail, they grew right from the ground.

Have you ever studied anything on native american culture of ownership?

I thought indian culture didn't believe in the concept of ownership. The land was it's own or something... Basic nomadic principals?

But that is them. I own shit. I plan on owning as much as I can in this life.

Great, our current system is great for people that like to own things.

Allusion, I will admit I was childish - after this weekend I've realized that I won't steal from individuals anymore.

The thing is though, stealing from walmart is still stealing from an individual - the person that owns the walmart and gets paid on commission, but that person is also, in my view, worth stealing from. But then, that thought leads to the next of; well can't I just steal from anyone who is a walmart capitalist by nature??

I was going to go into a graffiti = stealing arguement and ask you your opinion on graffiti, but I'll let it go.

Hello IJesusChrist!

Spencer’s original post is a perfect illustration of why one should not steal, and (in my opinion) you are injuring yourself and others, both psychologically and spiritually in the process. Look at the sequence of events following just the theft of a lap top from his brother’s home.

In that moment, a single act of theft caused enmity to arise between two brothers, led to Spencer being thrown out and becoming homeless, hungry, and depressed. His trust in others was damaged (if only briefly), and it even lead to thoughts of committing an act of violence on a hapless innocent stranger (hopefully just venting) as a means of relieving the anxiety created by, and resulting from, the predicament he found himself in.

The fact that things are not locked up will not shield you from the karmic results (I believe in that sort of thing) of this injurious mode of thought and conduct, nor is there any comfort to be derived from the idea that you are stealing from someone that is better off than you are. If you have not met, and do not know the person you are stealing from, regardless of the degree of apparent material prosperity as you perceive it, you cannot really presume to know whether or not they are better off, can you? You can be sure, though, that to one degree or another, you are causing another human being to enter a state of mental anguish and despair, a feeling of having been violated, raising their so called “normal” daily level of anxiety to another, now heightened, level.

Stealing a bike? If the person returns to find it missing and loses their job because they could not get to work on time, or gets a failing grade because they were late to class, it will be of little value, or consolation, for them to find that you have generously returned it to where you “found” it. Sure, they will probably get over it, and it may carry no consequence at all.... or it could result in a suicide. Are you a gambler? Is that really a pair of dice you want to roll?

In the end, it was not so much about your objection to capitalism and ownership (which I very much agree with) that I found so disturbing, but more about your seeming willingness to hide behind it as a justfication for deliberately hurting another human being, who is just as much a victim of the current system as you or I, and compounding their troubles by reaching into their life and intentionally causing them distress and pain, making things even more difficult than they already are. Mind you, this is all just my opinion, not saying you are a bad person or trying to push you around. Also note the above post....FANTASTIC!

By the way, I love the idea of you refurbishing bicycles (make sure to put a “free” sign on them, so people will know they are not stealing) and leaving them where people who might need them can find them.... MORE!

Wishing you well! Guenn
Copy_2_of_posters_1-37_026.180124938_std.jpg

IJC it sounds to me like most of what you're doing isnt stealing but borrowing without permission
that still sucks but it all depends on the situation as too how bad it is really

stealing from big name stores and shopping centers is fair game in my mind as they basically have more than enough
stealing from individual people depending on what it is, is a bit upsetting, also depending on who you're stealing from
robin hood' style theft is fine in my eyes i see it as a kind of filtering down effect

i've stolen before, mostly food from stores but i'll admit i also used to steal weed from a friend because back then i thought because he had so much (usually had about half a pound stashed) that it was basically victimless, i think differently now however

If you're poor and cant get a job then i say fuck it steal what you need to get by
if you're middle class and doing ok then why do it?

Retour