Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

I'm flying, I'm flying, Wait no I'm just really high...

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Okay, I haven't posted in a while, so I feel like I should contribute. Anyways, for those of you who have seen it, "Religulous" is a great documentary. Mind you, you could be a person of faith and still find a lot of it quite eye-opening as long as you're not too vested in your personal views.

Anyways, I will side-step the entire religion topic, and ask a question that Bill Maher asks, slightly reworded:

Often times, when we use recreational drugs, we feel something, a higher being, a connectivity to this world, a transcendental state of mind, and it affects us (sometimes in the short-run, sometimes forever). Now as easy as it is to accept taking such beauty for what it's worth, I gotta ask, once in a while do you ever consider if it's just the high? What if it's really not another world, or we aren't all connected, but if it's just that, a chemical process that makes us feel something that may not be there? (Although I know I'm inviting the comparison, maybe lets try to skip the notion that everything can be called a drug (i.e caffeine, sugar, etc), and stick with psychedelics affecting your chemistry). What do you think?

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I love Bill Maher and am happy his new season of Realtime started last friday.

About religulous, I found it interesting to watch but I prefer his other work (as mentioned realtime). I don't like the fact that Maher gave Geert Wilders, an anti-pot and islamophobic right wing extremist political figure, time in this movie because Maher made Geert Wilders seem like a decent and normal person while in fact, he is a right wing, islamophobic, ANTI-POT extremist.

It made me question the other material as well.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Uhm, I do believe that what you feel on a drug is "Just the high" what else would it be?

It's more amazing to me that my mind creates these places, than something presenting itself to me...

But to be more honest, what I see on psychadelics is the world, reality, very unfiltered, unhindered by an evolutionary means to make the mind focus on what is important. I believe psychadelics easily bypass this, in some reaction or another, to make other ideas and physical bodies important than what we are used to. I cannot agree that smoking DMT will make my consciousness move somewhere else, and often a paradox that is unanswerable, yet many of us choose to answer it: Do you create your own trip? I don't mean by set & setting, but the entire meaning, what you see as random yet meaningful in your trip, is it not just made by your sub-conscious? I believe it most certainly is.

Psychadelics are, to me, simply a giving of the bird's eye view of reality, after having walked in the green for too long.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Questioning the real and existence is determination (welcome limitations), I rather penetrate the visions and direct the dream into lucidity with endless creation since consciousness has this very hidden and protected option. Whether it says something about the object oriented world or not is completely irrelevant to me. I'll leave the truth about our universe to the intelligent physicists who I adore, by the time they they have cracked their head over it and solved the riddle, if it ever comes that far during my lifetime, I'll probably hear it in the media and news.

I think that in some way one might likely to become interested in other places when flying the astral planes (DMT and psilocybine mushrooms) which produce much more of an effect which is a bodyless or almost bodyless state if used in greater quantities. Personally I prefer mescaline, LSD and weed because of the remaining physical connection even at greater dosages.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
realized my post of duality was just this exact post... worded differently woops

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I suppose at heart we're all more alike than we would like to admit, sometimes. :mrgreen:

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
IJC: 1st post, pretty much what I believe.
Brugmansia: Just out of curiosity do you prefer williamsii or a trich?
Heartcore: It did run across my mind, but I suppose in the end it is a documentary and each character is welcome to tell his own story without too harsh of a criticism from the moderator. Even if Wilders is a prick.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I have never done williamsii yet (out of respect for not wasting my adult peyotes and the almost unobtainable issue to replace them, online vendors hardly ever sell full grown peyotes) but I'd prefer this alkaloid factory with up to 50 alkaloids over a tric with about 5 alkaloids.

A tric is amazing because they grow fast and their availibility is decent, it's less drifting and dream-like compared to peyotie (which according the literature induces a sort of psychotic/delirium type of state at an heroic dose, full formed realities are reported from the NAC members, electrical storms). But since a peyote trip is prodigious and mythical, a tric is just grand and very dreamy.