Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

how to shred the rootbark

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Ok I realize that it's a rather stupid question but anyway.I ordered some Mimosa Hostilis shredded rootbark from ******* and received the whole one instead.Damn.Is it ok to use the coffee grinder to shred it well?I'm planning to make some Ayahuasca analogue out of it.

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
If you have a very strong grinder you can use it but most grinders will not handle the whole rootbark. What you can try is to use some normal tools on it (saw, hammer ect.) to get it smaller , then you can use a coffee grinder to make it even smalller.

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
The best way to shred rootbark in my opinion/experience, is cough up the extra $$ to have the vendor shred it for you. After demolishing a coffee grinder and two food grinders, I have decided to always order shredded bark.

The unshredded I still have left, I make into small pieces by breaking by hand and using pliers. Then I use a coffee grinder with a little bark at the time. Takes ages and I can already see this coffee grinder starting to die...

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
I read somewere that mimosa rootbark could be pulverized in a blender, dont know how long a blender would take such abuse :P

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
I talk about this in the dmt extraction podcast, the best way i have found for doing this is to soak the whole bark pieces in water/vinegar first, THEN put them in a blender and give them a really thorough blend, that way the bark gets softened first and it doesnt make all the dust that it does if you blend it dry.....

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Um..but won't the DMT partially dissolve in water once i put it there?
Yeah you mention the DMT extraction,but this is not what I'm going for.I simply want to make an ayahuasca analogue.Maybe then the bark shouldn't be turned into really fine powder for that purpose,and just tiny bits of bark will do?
I can't imagine our ancestors having coffee grinders or blenders.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Getting it into smaller pieces will work just fine and it's easier to strain out later than the finely powdered stuff.

Just put it in a paper bag and smash it with a hammer.

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Thank you all for a piece of advice!I'm planning to make the brew on monday.Will let you know how it all worked :)