Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

how the heck can i find info on making casing bins to growin

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
please people im tired of this pf tek thing it just doesent produce even and big enough flushes. i want to learn how to inoculate a full tupparware bin or cake bin and make casings so i get bulk even growth. i cant find anything its weird i dont get it. id love some help here

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Caseing is caseing . If i were you i would go to the local library and read books about mushroom growing . But dont tell them its for growing Psilocybe mushrooms . If they havent got any they will usualy order one if you ask . Or go to your local headshop and buy a book about mushroom growing . Caseing is basicaly peat mixed with a buffer , usualy chalk or limestone balanced to 7 -7.5 PH . Then you add enough water that it will form little pea size lumps when you squeze it in your hand but not that water drops out . Some people sterilise it others dont . A good caseing should solve problems with to much moisture in your grow area .

BlimeyGrimey

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2008
Seeing how you want to start casing the best bet would be to case a simple grain. Popcorn would probably be the best to start with. It has lower contam rates than rye/barley. Once your jars of grain are colonized just smack the jar a few times to break the grain up. Pour the grain into a container such as tupperware or those small aluminum bread pans.

Then case with a thin layer of 50/50 jiffy mix. The store bought jiffy mix is good because it is already pH balanced. You can make your own using straight peat, straight vermiculite or a 50/50 mix of the two. If using straight peat or 50/50 homemade mix you have to buffer the pH. Thats why I recommend jiffy mix or straight vermiculite for beginners.

To get those amazingly dense and even pinsets you'll need to isolate a strain. The best way is to start using multispore inoculation then cloning the best looking fruit on some agar plates. Then use this isolate to grow with. You'll get great pin sets this way.

With multispore inoculation its a roll of the dice and you'll get a mixture of sub-strains with different genetics. Some suited for your growing conditions and some that aren't.

Good luck.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Use Pf tek and then case . Dont break them up it will only increase your chances of growing contamination . Using agar agar to isolate what someone thinks looks like a good growing strain is not a good idea . What looks like a good growing strain doesnt mean that it will produce mushrooms or more mushrooms . Vermiculite as a caseing is nowhere near as good as a real peat caseing . Multi spore inoculation is your best bet , its the way nature works and the reason that nature is so sucessfull . The jiffy mix is a good idea though .

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
What helped me very much! First I have used whole spore print! Do not be jerk and spare spores for two or more jars-bags-*.*. USE IT ALL.
Also I have successful growth from jar colonizing on top of kitchen elements! If U do not have terrarium or controlled temperature near 25-28C°, kitchen is superb environment!! My success after more then year and half.