Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

how much to consume?

skoeip

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
I just recieved a prety old Trichocereus peruvianus of 25 cm long and 15 cm in diameter, but I cant find any conclusive info on how much I should consume? I dont mind if it would be 600 mg of meskaline but I dont want to under do the experience and "only" take 200 mg. I have taken peruvianus once before, that was about 30 cm of cactus, aprox 20 grams of skin and the stuff under the skin. but is a old cactus more potent?

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
i think i know where you bought it :wink: 32,50E ?

You should weigh it to make an estimation of the mescaline content. I would say that a peruvian is 1,5 to 2 times more potent than a san pedro. This is supposed to be an old specimen and its pretty fat as well.
If you are too lazy for the math I would go for three quarters of the cacti at first and wait for the effects. After an hour+ or so you can decide to take the last quarter. I think this will do the trick.

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
its a prety fat cactus, i estimated that it would be up to 3 to 4 kilos if it contains up to 94% of water? or am I wrong? i'm a bit lazy at the moment :P and yes you know were I got it from :) our dear cactus friend Alard :wink: havent got it, just orderd the cactus :)

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
I just saw in my order the cactus has a shiping weight of 8 killo's :P

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Eat one kilo.

Of all the cactus I've ever eaten, I've never been able to tell a difference between one kilo of pedro and one of peruvian.

yourownworld

Psycho disparu·e
Inscrit
22 Juin 2006
I've got a cacti too, a san pedro of about 22-25cm too and a large diameter (10cm maybe) , would it be enough for one trip ?

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Well there must be a big difference in normal San pedro and peruvianus. I thought that the potencies of cacti is about San pedro/peruvianus/peyote is 1/8/10.

I would say that if you eat it try as much as you can, it's very hard to eat it. I've read that some indians would eat 50 grams dried but I was never able to eat more the 30 gram of dried peruvianus. Eat fast because as soon as the nausea really start and you need to throw up I think it's almost impossible to eat more. With 15 grams dried I had minimal effects, with 25 it was a good trip and with 30 gram I was tripping hard.

Of course potencies vary widly so it's different to say how much mescaline you really get.

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
I was talking about dried green/blue shell of course, you don't eat the inside

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
oh yeah old cacti are more potent.

when I ate it I powdered it and took a spoon of powder every time and the flush it away with juice or water. If you mix it with juice or something the volume only grows and the taste remains.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
If you're not eating/ extracting the core then you're throwing away a lot of good mescaline.

And no. A trichocereus peruvianus is not going to be 8x more potent than a t. pachanoi.

from erowid:

Mescaline contents (by dry weight) in pachanoi have been found ranging from .33% - 2.375%, while peruvianus has been found with .817% and 0%.

....on average; they're about the same. At least everything I've seen on this side of the pond.

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
How are you going to eat it? I prefer chopping the cactus into little pieces, throw it into the blender. Cook it for a couple of hours, pour it through a filter like a piece of t-shirt and squeeze the juice out of the cactus-pulp into a small glass. Try to cook it all down to a drinkable amount, the less the better in my opion :wink:.
Pineapple juice is the best to neutralise the bitter taste, but don't mix it. First drink the cactus-juice, than drink a whole glass of pineapple juice.

Bon Appetit :wink:

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
I have one question and dilemma for every psychonaut. Who has sad that Torch is more powerful than Pedro. This I am saying cause I received cutting from Peru and obtain one meter long Torch and Pedro was sooo much stronger and beautiful. I was in clouds and had feeling that lightning goes through me. But torch give me only little buzz, and only that. WHAT YOU GUYS THINK, DOES ANYBODY HAVE SIMILAR XP. :wink:

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Hey skoeip, did you eat the cactus? if yes, how much? I'm quite curious about it..

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
nah havent eaten the cactus yet, he or she (how would you call a plant? a he or a she?) looks beutifull, the total weight of the cactus is about 2.5 killo grams including roots, perhaps I dont eat this plant and order some other cuttings to eat. but at the moment there is no tripping for me because of work, I work about 12 hours daily and in the weekends I am so f*kin tired that trippin is out of the question. perhaps in a few months, when I dont have to work al this much :P

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
well I dont see it as slave labor :P I like my work, my boss gives me great credit for my creativity. but it is heavy working. perhaps I will try your recipy, last time I took cactus I just ate 20 grams of dry cactus chips wich I swalowed away with orange juice. the onset of the trip was after 2 and a half hours and the trip lasted about 15 hours. so perhaps with your recipe the onset is faster?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
^True, and after 4 hours the actual mescaline effect is about to peak. But seriously can take up to 6 hours.

The most mescaline is right under the skin of the cactus. So don't cut the skin off but eat it with the skin!

Start on an empty stomach and eat as much as you can, just keep eating 1,5 to 2 hours if neccesary. Drink water and swallow the skin/parts if it's stuck between your teeth. Chew intens and suck on the parts! You should eat about 30 cm San Pedro for a reasonable effect, eat more than 50 cm and you'll have an unforgetable mesca effect.

Make sure you're starting with a lot of sleep under your belt. You should be cheerful 'cause getting tired on mescaline is no fun! Causes feelings of regretness and every irritation on the body and mind is contra to the effect of mesca. Also, don't try to throw up, cause the stomach pain will pass faster than you think, and deffo wastes mesca too!

You'll absolutly love this psychedelic, it's lovely, and make sure you can lay down. You might think you'll fall asleep, well you do, but the scenes in your mind are heavenly!

When walking in the nature, you eventually can cry a bit, which... truly mystical. Animals, plants, the sun and the night, the moon, you're all sitting in a circle with each other. :)