Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

How much is too much?

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
Planning a mush. trip for Wednesday night. I've only ever eaten an eighth to myself, but I believe I could handle a bit more. I'm pretty good at what I do, but I am curious as to how many I COULD possibly eat without losing it, puking, ending up in a fucked up situation.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
theres really no special number. but good luck on your trip! im envious :)

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
Yeah. Looks like I'm shooting for and eighth and a half for wednesday. If it works out well I'll do a full quarter this october when I am scaring people at the haunted house.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
im sure your not interested in my oppinion, but i deffinatly dissaprove :roll:

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
Uhh... If I wasn't interested in other's opinions, I never would have made this thread. Please, be open and honest when you post on my topics.

Psychoid

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
If you feel ready for an eight and a half, go for it.
But, be conscious that you're getting into serious doses, where set&setting REALLY becomes important.
I don't think you should take such a dose at a haunted house, trying to scare people. Chances are you're the one who'll end up scared as hell.
High doses should be taken in a quiet place, where you can lie down and be confortable, where you can put some nice relaxing music, where you are safe. You should feel good and not be excessively stressed by anything. You should also be ready for ANYTHING to happen.
Shrooms aren't toys, nor are they a light drug like cannabis is perceived to be.
They can mess you for good if you're not careful. And even when you're careful, you can't be sure everything's gonna be alright.

BUT how much is too much depends on your experience.
A former member of this forum had taken doses up to 80g dry.
But he had been taking shrooms for 40 years.
Personally, the highest dose I've taken yet is 5.5g, and it was a hell of a ride. I wasn't ready for it, although I thought I was.

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
Let me explain some shit. I'm a seven year vet of this haunt and I've eaten more than my share of shrooms. I LOVE SCARING PEOPLE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF MUSHROOMS. I've done it twice and it always ended up great. I can be more free than ever, become scary as I usually do and then some. That place is like a second home to me and as a boss I have it mentally pushed into my mind that NOBODY can scare me. I have to lead by example there. I am around good friends and that is my perfect setting to trip.

I am going to do an eighth and a half, tell you about it on trip reports Thursday evening.

And I don't mean to come off like an asshole. I have taken what I will from all of your posts and I really do like your opinions on it all. I feel it only further prepares me for what COULD happen outside what I am used to. I am a person with strong will who had tripped many different chemicals and taken only the best from some of the crazy ass situations I've undergone. The haunted house is my favorite place in the world... And unless you've acted at one you couldn't really understand where I'm coming from.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I maintain that it is not a good idea.
You do as you wish, you are free.

But for me, 2 grams is a recreationnal dose (less is boring), 5.5 grams was not. 3.5g is between the two.
At 5.5g I was really messed up, but I was very hungry so that may have affected the trip negatively.
I surely wasn't in a state suitable for what you're planning.

Why do you want to up the dose for such an event? You want fun right?
I don't think deep introspection is your objective for this trip in particular, am I right?
If so, I suggest you stay within the recreationnal dose range (2-3 grams for me).

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
True. Mushrooms give me introspective sometimes... I just can't get how awesome it was out of my head. Being put in that spot, I don't really have time to think. All of my thoughts are leaving my mouth and being expressed through the actions of a deranged chainsaw murderer. It's like I said. Tonight is going to be the first time I've eaten more than I'm used to. If it doesn't go like I think it will, I'll change my decision. I have always been very aware of the potential danger in it... I don't know exactly what the weight was.... whatever an eighth weighs out to.

The haunt doesn't open for a while anyway. This is why I am experimenting now. If the trip does end up being debilitating, I'll just stick to my usual dose. ^^ I can't wait to type my trip reports in october. I promise it will be good reading.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Hmmm, I can't identify with you. I'm completely introspective on mushrooms - even a half 8... an 8th in a haunted house with constant strangers would be too rapid for me... I don't know how exactly I would react to that.

At times, though, on the "easy waves" I love to talk, converse, and explore random people and places. I feel like everyone is my friend.

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
Its so much like that for me. When I'm putting myself out there in front of upwards of 200 people, in make up, with a live chainsaw. I eat it up. I fucking love being awesome! Sometimes it really is hard to be this cool. And yes... I am coming down off of the trip you can read about when I get time to type about it. 4.5g last night. FUCK YEAH!

Myrddin

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Juil 2010
I would simply like to add my voice to the chorus of cautions and warning being given in this thread.

Expermimentation with a quantity that forign to you in such a setting is extremely unwise, and; simply put - to this psychonaut.com 'outsiders' point of view, blatantly disrespectful to the powers of the 'Flesh of the Gods'.

The fact that the mindset you're taking in to such a crowded setting is 'I fucking love being so awesome' and 'Sometimes it really is hard to be this cool', to me, displays the disposition you'll be greeting this powerful educator with, and thus the vein in which your ego will follow - inevitably inviting this powerful substance to sit you on your arse and tell you how things are.

You may say you are 'experienced' with the substance, and don't get me wrong, I'm all for pushing the boundaries of human potential under such influences - but however unlikely it may be - should 'ego death', anything similar, or even a simple 'bad trip' occur, I can't see the situation in such a setting ending well. If you are being honest in your description that you will be trying to scare 200 people with a 'live' chainsaw, it no longer endangers your own sanity, but also the saftey of those innocent bystanders subject to your arrogance.
If things do indeed go as badly as they possibly can, and you inadvertantly injure someone during the experience, you shall become one of the many postered on the global stage as an unwilling advocate for the ban of such 'dangerous' substances...you'll become just another in the long line of punk trippers looking for a cheap ride - abusing the properties of mushrooms in the proccess - and make it that much harder for the rest of us to convince the rest of the world of the benifits and experiences that can be achieved using psychedelics. I'm not sure you, or anyone, wants that.

My final caveat; mushrooms should never be taken lightly, and as it has been said previously on this thread, are not 'toys'. The simple fact that you have recieved these answers may mean they have seeded themselves within your mind - no matter how deep you bury it with your shovel of contemptuous confidence in the garden of your own 'awesomeness' - and they will manifest themselves at the most invonvenient time, leading to a bad trip and the oppertunity for the situation described above to occur.

Just my honest opinion, If you do go ahead - best of luck ;)

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
If you fall, I think you'll get back up. Go for it :D

Personally, not in public. Echoing 2-3g for a good, safe experience. But do what you do man!

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
I'm thinking 5 grams in october. If I can get ahold of this strand my buddy sold me last time and wait for the opening weekend or something, I'm gonna do it. I appreciate all of your guy's insight. It is hard to understand where I am coming from on this situtation, and yeah there are risks involved. But I feel I am capable for many reasons, not just the fact that I've done it before. Just sit back an wait. In about a month from now there will be something interesting on the Trip Reports and then just maybe YOU can learn something new. After my last trip my mind is made up. Take what you will from my experiences and keep in mind I realize this isn't for everyone. You can call it whatever you want, but it's what I do.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
I'm glad you are so confident, I think that will make it a positive experience.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Yeah, I really don't identify with you.

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
IJesusChrist a dit:
Yeah, I really don't identify with you.

We just don't know eachother.

You've related with me before though. YOU knew what happend to me on LSH. You diagnosed a panic attack, something I've never had, and I'm sure that bit of knowledge has kept me from bad loops already. ::Bow:: I respect your opinion, but different peeps do different shit.

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Hi, i just wanna ad what most said before, when you ate too much you'll know it, too much is not just enough or allmost too much, too much means you are beyond the point of self control, you won't be able to scare nobody cause your whole identity will be los, you will be lost in space and time, and the whole world will be nothing more then an illusion.

I don't know about you, but when i reached such points i was allways happy to be at home and comfortable, (well, hmmm comfortable) with my surroundings, when you aren't comfortable it's needless to say that you will panick and will get stuck in a loop.

But i guess you'll know when you ate too much, although, i don't really understand why you asked in the first place.

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
DaZeD a dit:
Hi, i just wanna ad what most said before, when you ate too much you'll know it, too much is not just enough or allmost too much, too much means you are beyond the point of self control, you won't be able to scare nobody cause your whole identity will be los, you will be lost in space and time, and the whole world will be nothing more then an illusion.

I don't know about you, but when i reached such points i was allways happy to be at home and comfortable, (well, hmmm comfortable) with my surroundings, when you aren't comfortable it's needless to say that you will panick and will get stuck in a loop.

But i guess you'll know when you ate too much, although, i don't really understand why you asked in the first place.

Because I like to hear other people's opinions on the stuff.... And THAT ^ is yours. Thank you for sharing.