Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

how does Salvia compare vs LSD experience

svandamme

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Mar 2005
looking for feedback from folks who have tried both a heavy Salvia trip and a heavy LSD trip. i'm not looking for the experience had where one simply had synaestasia, i'm looking for the full loss of ego and beyond scenario's

i've been reading about Salvia , and so far i know it's very potent and intense
although the effects do not last as long as a heavy hit of LSD would, while active , one could say it's just as intense ( please correct me if i'm wrong )

now i've had the full blown lsd experience but from what i read on Salvia , a heavy trip at least on the pages i read , does seem different , can anyone comment on this?

skoeip

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
Perhaps I can next week, ive just gotten my hands on somme paper trips :grin: and its my first Acid experience. and for salvia D, I'vehad about 20 trips whit salvia. and in high dosses it to can produce a loss of ego.

geedubb

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Juil 2005
I have done both many times in high doses. You can compare LSD to Salvia in very few ways. It is pointless to even imagine what LSD is like compared to Salvia and vice versa. The chances are though if you enjoy one, then you will enjoy the other ;) I'd recommend anyone to try Salvia...

svandamme

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Mar 2005
could you elaborate a little on how they differ?
i know explaining heavy psychedelics is always very difficult , words seldome capture the whole thing but i'm trying to get an idea on things..

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I've once had a full-blown lsd trip where I was dancing "into the light" letting fall my body. It was intense and very delightful, still I remembered at the moment that I had taken lsd

I once had a medium strong trip with salvia (smoked leaves plus sucked leaves) which was very weird... I became very sleepy then I had pretty weird visuals, I forgot everything that had happened in the last few hours, then I had some more closed-eyed visuals and suddenly "woke up", unaware of that I had smoked and sucked salvia leaves. I was confused and got up, fall on my face and suddenly remembered I had tried salvia leaves and laughed about that for a few minutes until I regained full, normal consciousness. The trip I remembered was weird, neither pleasant nor unpleasant, just weird.

In consequence I wouldn't resist to the experience of a full-blown salvia trip, but I don't seek it, neither :sunflower:

Don't get me wrong - I've been searching for that kind of lsd or shroom trip ever since... losing connection to your physical body in a state of light and bliss...
I have never quite regained it but I am sure you cannot get it with salvia (although you might be able to totally leave your body wiht salvia, it seems still something else...the salvia experience, even medium strong, seemed so unconnected... lsd or shrooms are so much more into my mind. Can't quite describe it...)

Silence_Inc

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Août 2005
like others mentioned - it can not be compared in ordinary ways - you might find a comparison - but it's useless to even start i think. let's just say - lsd zooms in on the mind and Salvia ... salvia is something else ... she is a plant teacher. an actual entity that might look for contact with you when you are under the influence of her powers.

what i also wanted to add is that a loss of ego isn't neccescary to persuid with high doses of lsd or other substances. (that could even get tricky for some poeple) It's also regulated by the path and intention of the user. I mean - i have even had a conscious loss of ego on half a trip. you just have to be aware of forgetting and letting go under all circumstances. the visons/ideas in your head are all illusion - one power is real - called LOVE. hook up with that - read some koans - and it might give you what you want. not from substance overload - but pure insight.

when you travel with others - travel also in silence ... talking creates a thinking mind and asks for analytic understanding. if you didn't already did this. this doesn't mean - don't speak under all circumstances - but try to see what happens when speaking - and what happens in silence - hook up with that awarness.

svandamme

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Mar 2005
i knew it was a tricky question to ask , i mean, it's near impossible to explain lsd to someone who never did it , but i was hoping the lsd thing could make it easier to explain me how a heavy salvia thing works out... guess it don't work that way :D

anyway , i'm cooling down a bit for the time beeing... had my share of mind alteration for a while, nothing negative, but i started having these weird mind rushes... not flashbacks perse, nothing visual , just weird thoughts that suddenly came up , right before sleepy time even after weeks of nothing... but again , nothing negative, just plain weird and pointless "ideas" .. if you know lsd, i think you know what i mean... those sudden moments where you get this "what if this" and it feels like you just thought of something that noone thought of before... and obivously the idea is either dead wrong , and hopelessly flawed, or it's been done before... :roller:

Snapinho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Sept 2004
wow, i really know what you mean

i had that with my last really deep dmt-experience. just silly frases or words could suddenly turn very psychedelic for no special reason whatsoever and that would echo in my brain for some time. really weird and indeed nothing too frightening, but i guess if you're not used to that kinda shit it will definitely get prett scary ;]

also: the filter before my eyes got away for a few weeks. too bad it returned after that. you know, i could just see a lot more detail in things, which i used to only have when tripping.
great stuff huh, psychedelics? fucking mindbenders!

lucasdr

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Sept 2005
Salvia is not like all the other psychedelics, some say it can be compared with Special K (ketamin), but I guess you didn't use that either.
It's just a completly different world. I like the way that there are no positive or negative things. Everything is equal.

Respect seemed to be the only really important thing. If I treat this world with care, they also will treat me with care.

The Salvia trips really convinced me to learn more about Buddhism, because their theories suddenly really appealed to me. I now fully understand how everything has life and the world is just one big energy.

A lot of people are considering suicide because the material world doesn't matter anymore...

As for the talking part. I thought talking was irrational, because I could communicate just by thinking...

speedball

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
They are two VERY different substances and they take you to two VERY different worlds. There is no way to compare the them.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I recently had an experience with salvia 5x (and quite some alcohol before, I must add) that reminded me a little of a high dose of shrooms/lsd. The moment I got disconnected from reality I closed my eyes and yet there was bright light, at the same time I started to feel that I kinda split up between my spirit and my body, also I felt the presence of somebody else (even I was totally alone).
I guess it was the influence of the alcohol that made the difference? Usually salvia feels very "sober" to me, but with a lot of alcohol before it gained that inebriated feeling of lsd/shrooms.