Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

How do you call someone who does drugs for inner growth?

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
Why give it a name?
i get a kick of eating something veery good tasting, but also get a kick and feel good about healty food. and it is also helping with inner growth.
I get a kick from psychedelics, but also use them as medicine for mind and body..inner growth
i like to communicate about growth... and talk a lot of bulshit also .
i read alot about inner growth... read alot of bullshit in the papers also...

How do you call someone........ maybe not tag it... but talk about it??

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I believe any real value attached to a so called inner growth is always in reference to a so called outer growth; otherwise is just plain psychonaut escape: running away from reality.
Yes indeed!
Inner as in "mind", "soul" and the rest of the inner dimension gang, Outer as in contact with what lies beyond your skin; I mean.
They don't contradict one another, never! They necessarily imply one another.
I agree fully. Perhaps not so much "outer" as in financial success, but at least a reasonable ability to relate to other human beings. Not an antisocial, escapist hermit or a lazy bum. Rather the ability to uplift, encourage or heal others.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Why give it a name?
I'd like to write a Wikipedia page about the current educated psychedelic subculture. But there's no word yet. So that's why I asked whether the larger group of psychonauts (the members here) could coin a word for the subgroup of psychonauts who have a special affinity for LSD, psilocybine, DMT, mescaline and ibogaine.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
and which did you chose then?

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
I agree fully. Perhaps not so much "outer" as in financial success, but at least a reasonable ability to relate to other human beings. Not an antisocial, escapist hermit or a lazy bum. Rather the ability to uplift, encourage or heal others.

I agree. More generally even; outer as in contact with the universe, every other sentient being, human beings; social structures, yours and everyone else's body, yours and everyone else's will. In the last instance, the place where history is supposedly made on. Have a part in it. An active subject, not a passive one, in the perspective of healing of course and more generally: of constructing.

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
^ are you implying that anyone who doesn't take drugs with the purpose of inner growth is not human? ...I may have, and hope that I misunderstood.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
GOD a dit:
A very very rare sort of person . Especialy on this forum , so far i`m only sure i`ve seen one and thats me .

Was it a joke or are you implying that everyone here are only justifying they drug use?

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
ive got to addmit, i do a fair bit of recreational drug use also. just for practice, you understand

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
For entheonauts the line between spiritual experience and recreation is very thin, often indistinguishable. Floatation tank or festival, the entheogenic experience can be triggered everywhere. The ecstatic jubilation that results from the visionary experience is one of the most profound forms of recreation, staying close to ancient tribal recreation: playing drums, taking drugs and dancing.

and which did you chose then?
I think "entheo(s)" or "entheogen" would be a good first half of the term, but I'm not sure yet about the ending (-naut). Does anyone here know ancient Greek terms that denote:

- a student of... (the entheogenic experience and its pscyho-spiritual applications)
- a scholar of...
- an explorer of...
- a dedicated user of... (entheogens)
- someone experienced in the usage of...
- someone who regularly seeks out...

?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
- a student of... mathetis
- a scholar of... scholar is someone that studies texts, this term didn't really exist before the middle ages, when the profession started growing. The greeks used mathetis for someone who studies.
- an explorer of... hodoiporos
- a dedicated user of... only found 'familiar with': empeiros
- someone experienced in the usage of... gegeusthai (to have had experience of...)
- someone who regularly seeks out... Self-seeker: pleonektes, seeker: dzetetes

I don't know if any of the terms work out. There are many alternatives, I just chose the most common one.

Find more at http://www.lexilogos.com/english/greek_ancient_dictionary.htm

The second dictionary translates english to ancient greek.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Thanks!

Unfortunately I do not know to what extent one can abbreviate those words. For example, 'entheomath' may or may not be grammatically correct.
Entheohodoiporos sounds pretty sweet by the way.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Are we having fun children inventing words and defineing them ?

"Was it a joke or are you implying that everyone here are only justifying they drug use?"

I dont see much/any takeing drugs for inner growth . I see recreational use , playing , drug abuse , escapism , relaxing . Maybe some of you have learned something from your drug use , but i dont see people planning to do it , doing it in an ordered way . The learning just seems to me to be a by product........ and very little .

What is inner growth ? How can we encourage it / look for it / produce it ? Muscles get made just by living your daily life but if you want big / nice / healthy ones you have to train.............

Who trains ? How ? How much time do you give for it ? Whats your plan / route / strategy ?

Taking drugs and getting a wow effect isnt inner growth .

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Do taking substances for inner growth automatically means you never take them recreationally?

You say you don't see much people taking them for inner growth, but for your age and all the experience you've got, I can see you haven't had that much inner growth. If I'm only 19 and can notice that, isn't there a problem?

I suppose I am not taking drugs for inner growth? I am just a teenager looking for thrills? Justifying my drug use with fantasies? Perhaps hocus pokus bullshit?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I dont see much/any takeing drugs for inner growth . I see recreational use , playing , drug abuse , escapism , relaxing .
I see that too, but I also see the wise and sincere seekers being interested in them and exposing their minds to them. And judging from what I've read or heard from many of them, it's doing them well. They are sober people who take good care of their health and are always eager to learn more.
Maybe some of you have learned something from your drug use , but i dont see people planning to do it , doing it in an ordered way . The learning just seems to me to be a by product........ and very little .
Whether it's a byproduct or very little, people report expanded awareness during and after the experience. And there is a group who primarily takes these compounds at home, in the woods or in a ceremonial setting, neither of which are regular recreational settings (as are the bar, disco, festival ground, coffeeshop, concert, restaurant etc.). These people have heard of the psycho-spiritual possibilities of psychedelics, and seek out such experiences themselves.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
GOD a dit:
I dont see much/any takeing drugs for inner growth . I see recreational use , playing , drug abuse , escapism , relaxing . Maybe some of you have learned something from your drug use , but i dont see people planning to do it , doing it in an ordered way . The learning just seems to me to be a by product........ and very little .

Well, I have made remarkable diagnoses about my health, body and mind. The destabilisation of myself into pixels, re-gained it all back and limed myself into a more purified me. An I that's constantly euphoric and pleased about being present with a consciousness.

I'm quite an heavy exerciser when it comes to strength, muscle build, endurance, limberness. But the physical part is only the outer glass model, the content should be filled with confetti. You can live your life in a very modest and solitair way while being 'on the top of the world' without having to claim anything significant from others or the world, which is the life environment and our collective bath in which we have to divide space with and for each other.

I have checked how my lungs were doing their work, how my heart beats, how my veins are. I can even smell what's in my urine as in nutrition form. Or taste it to check my interior. In fact, I can detect or anything is wrong in a VERY early state. Although people, or doctors will call me idiotic.

You may be right that we're just a few souls amoung five billion people and therefore, it won't make a change. But at least we're aware of our conscience and having a perfectly sane and healthy brain that has a strong self agentship. And since a true psychonaut is very susceptible for impulses, smell, taste, touch and generally fragile, we don't need much to pick the joy out of life and please ourselve. Yet we ain't easily hurt or emotional unstable, but rational, sincere and mentally strong. I can bite as a snake, with mathematical strategies. But only if my life is in danger, not to push myself through, to take revenge or to rule.

Less sources are burnt, but maximum feelings and antenna's are experienced. That's what a psychonaut can achieve along with his journey's of course.

Discovered tantra through psychedelics and being in able to perform it in a sober state as well, I'd say I'll never switch back to sex with another person as a basis. Sailing with the erotic senses within my awareness without losing the energy through an orgasm is a true utopia to me.

I wouldn't exchange my fragile body and mind for a billion dollars, or any worldwide acknowledge.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
GOD a dit:
Are we having fun children inventing words and defineing them ?

"Was it a joke or are you implying that everyone here are only justifying they drug use?"

What is inner growth ? How can we encourage it / look for it / produce it ? Muscles get made just by living your daily life but if you want big / nice / healthy ones you have to train.............

Who trains ? How ? How much time do you give for it ? Whats your plan / route / strategy ?

Taking drugs and getting a wow effect isnt inner growth .

Why don't you talk straight my friend and tell us who it is you're talking about.

For myself personally I use these entheogenic medicine for healing.
If you want to believe it's an drug abuse that's fine.
I know why I do this. And I don't care what somebody else thinks about it.

The only drug I abuse is cannabis, and I am not proud of it.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
The only drug I abuse is cannabis, and I am not proud of it.
In what way do you abuse it? I certainly use it, but I do not consider it abusage.