Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Horizons: Perspectives on Psychedelics conference [NYC] - 2012

• Auteur de la discussion chaosbydesign
  • Date de début
C

chaosbydesign

Invité
I did a search and noticed that there were no posts for the upcoming Horizons conference this year, so I decided to go on ahead and be the one to make that post!

I'm sure that many of you *are* familiar with the Horizons Conference, but probably many of you are still not... so I'm just going to explain what the conference is all about. :)

Horizons: Perspectives on Psychedelics is an annual conference held in Manhattan where dedicated researchers, scientists and scholars gather and share their findings and knowledge on what's currently happening in the realm of psychedelic research and therapy. Many of you probably have heard about the recent resurgence of interest in these potentially valuable tools, when used safely and in conjunction with therapy. Some applications currently being explored include the treatment of MDMA on war veterans with PTSD, the use of Psilocybin to ease fear of death in terminally ill cancer patients, and LSD for the treatment of alcoholism.

Speakers for 2012 include:
Matthew Baggot, Ph.D., postdoctoral fellow in psychiatric genetics at the University of Chicago
Alex Belser, Fellow, New York University, Department of Applied Psychology
Amy Emerson, Director of Clinical Research, Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies
Kevin Feeney, J.D., attorney, Editor and publisher of the Oregon Medical Marijuana Law Reporter
Charlie Grob, M.D., Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics at the UCLA School of Medicine and the Director of the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Roman Hanis, Director, Paititi Institute
James Kent, author of ‘Psychedelic Information Theory: Shamanism in the Age of Reason‘
Mariavittoria Mangini, Ph.D., FNP, family nurse midwife for twenty five years
Ralph Metzner, Ph.D., author, psychedelic pioneer, Professor Emeritus at California Institute of Integral Studies
Benny Shanon, Ph.D., Professor of psychology, Hebrew University, Jerusalem
Sidarta Ribeiro, Ph.D., neuroscience professor and director, Brain Institute, Federal University of Rio

For those of you in the New York City area (or really from anywhere, if you're willing to travel), this is definitely an event to check out if this sort of research piques your interest. The event will take place on October 12-14th this year (Friday-Sunday).

The Horizons website for more information: Horizons | Perspectives on Psychedelics

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
:D