Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Home Grown - Self satisfying bud production

How do you get your Buds?

• Homegrown

Votes: 0 0,0%
  • Through friends, or family

• I buy it, via seedy operators...

• Nombre total d'électeurs

buffachino

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Hey fellow cosmic-explorers!
Cannabis! How many of you bad boys grow Mary for yourself?
I know being a massive regular smoker, me and my buddy wouldn’t survive without our own supply; and even that goes incredibly fast :drool:

My question to the psychonaut public would be: do you grow your own? And if so how? Hydro, outdoor, bio-organic in-door? There are many ways and useful techniques in growing big, beautiful, resinous buds.

Me? Well I and the master (my mate) have been in the biz for ourselves and ourselves only; I have grown twice outdoors, including our last and first indoor crop; grew in soil and using organic fertiliser such as fish emulsion and super thrive. Sadly, we left the big mother medusa (had so many heads!!) in the smaller pot too long and root lock set in, thus our yield wasn’t nearly as good as it should have been.

Our next project will involve lots (5 or so, 10 to begin) of small, 1 - 1.5 foot high plants, sexed early and headed twice for 4 main cola's on each. Indoor again of course; should be tantalising!!!

Well fill me in on your own grow OP's and techniques, all information regarding growing is useful and many techniques cannot simply be learnt form literature; you need to have had experience for the best product!

Peace.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
there is nothing better than homegrown stuff. I never would buy something on the streets.
I just love the smell of living plants =)

Outdoor ;)

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
For the past few years I just bought my weed in local coffeeshops. This year I started growing my own plants. Of the original ten, there are now 8 left. One of them I haven't seen for three weeks (could be dead, could be huge). One I gave as a gift to my neighbor. So I have 6 in my own garden now, and of these one is very high but not looking very healthy, and the only one which is really in the soil is growing very slowly. I think it's time to start using some fertilizer now. Us Dutch outdoor growers are happy these days, because it's finally becoming sunny again!! However, it's been a crappy year so far.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Outdoor- 30 deg lat.

In the past, we grew some giant mexican sativas by tying them over with string, staked to the ground. They grew paralell to the ground, around 8 feet long.

Indoor- Some old school dutch indicas, under MH 400, in soil. They were killer. ( Black Domina, Sk.#1, Hindu Kush...hemcy)

Soil plants are really slow compared to hydro.

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Yer, soil is far more tedious and slow than a pure, automated hydro setup. But, as the plants are given more time to mature and aren’t subject to mass intake of purified chemicals and hormones, the bud is allot smoother to smoke and doesn’t contain as many impurities (or should I say over-purities?), even without a water flush before harvest. Yet the hydro more than makes up for this with its massive potency yet I like the buds I produce to be quality in all their aspects and I prefer not to rush or compromise because of this factor.

When heading your plants multiple times, its quite possible for me to get as much bud from one, 1 foot high plant with 4 or more main cola's than a 5 or 6 foot high single column plant. Yet this depends on space too; indoor or outdoor. You can achieve this with tying it down and growing it as a creeper, but if your tight for space, just make it into a monster with 8 heads!

How do those MH lights treat you? Were using a 600 HPS for veg and bud but it would be better if we had a MH for vegetative and then switch during budding. More vigorous growth.

My first plants (a few years back) were outdoor and here in the Australian summer, they grew taller than me at the time (at 6 1/2 foot at least) true monsters; the only bad aspect was my dad was helping me and he took far more than his share of the spoils, if not only to prevent me from smoking it all, lol.

Peace.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
The MH lights were great. I later found out that the HPS produced more amount, and that the budding was more explosive, but I never saw resin production like the MH lights delivered.

We were doing MH in soil for a while, and that was some nice bud.

Honestly, I've smoked both, hydro and soil, that were awesome.
If done by a person who is of the right scientific bent, hydro can be very, very good....its not as forgiving as soil, though, and you can lose a crop easier.

....that being said, I'd do soil myself.