Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Hip Hop

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
Once the drums start playing, people that fell the spirit of these drums will gather. And this is what was referred to as a "JAM" no matter how far you were, once a DJ started playing these beats. People would gather from all parts of the Bronx to one spot. Some people will here about a jam from word of mouth. But allot of people will actually hear the music from afar and rush over to the jam. The BREAK BEAT was so powerful that it attracted people from all communities (mostly AFRICAN AMERICAN, PUERTO RICANS, ). And these people would gather in the jams to hear there favorite beats, chill with some ladies, show off there latest gears (clothes), and also to BATTLE. These beats that were manually looped to extend them (thanks to the innovation by KOOL HERC), created an atmosphere that was some what a blood line connection to the tribal pasts of these young African American, and Puerto Rican teenagers. A DJ would tease the crowd with the opening of a funk song with the vocals singing over the beat, guitars, and horns. But once that break would kick in, the crowd would get down harder and the DJ would then manually extend the break with two turntables and back spinning the records in such a way as to get the crowd in a frenzy. By show casing the DJ's speed, and precise on time cuts. The crowd would respond by getting down harder with there latest moves and dance. But to get the crowd into the grooves even harder the DJ's started introducing vocalists that would chant, and crowd please and keep the people partying. These vocalists were called "MC'S".

that's from mrwiggles.biz ,a hip hop site i used to go on alot.

there's no hip hop thread man, so here it is.
mainstream stuff like "soulja boy" only represents the tip of an iceberg that started around the jazz era in my opinion.
its been worked around and chewed up by the machine a couple of times (like the 80's) but contrary to nas' line, hip hop is not dead. ill try to keep all my hip hop stuff here cause i love to talk about it.

especially from a spiritual point of view which is very popular on this site

heres something from the cult film the freshest kids

[youtube]CbaGPwTW6OY[/youtube]

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
modern day tribal dancing
3:50 is bad ass and hes part of jabberwocky crew now. they won america's best dance crew, a popular tv show in america
[youtube]HNgrAhzczY0[/youtube]