Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Henbane Assignment

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
Some of you may remember me asking late last year about what subject to do an assignment on. I thought I'd post it up here for anyone that's interested.

After my suggestion of Ibogaine being turned down for being "to controversial" I opted for Henbane instead, its not particularly in depth chemically speaking, is a good collection of historical uses.

Critiques and suggestions welcome.

Enjoy.

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Interesting though. Although I already read these through other various sources.

The medical dose for atropine, as I have read in pharmaceutical literature, starts at 500 ug up to 2 mg, generally 1 mg. Often used to assure a safe heart pulse for a patient that's getting a narcosis for an upcoming operation.

Also, effects such as blindness, pressure on the eyes, hot and red skin, fever, severe dehydration, difficulty in urination, weakness, losing ability to sweat, increased or decreased heart pulse and hallucinations are typically linked to a dose in the 4-6 mg range. Expandend stomach does occur. So does amnesia.

Anything over 6 or around 10 mg's, results in all of the effects above as well as a paralyzed body, extreme difficulty in breath, swollen tongue so bad that one can't swallow or even talk, expanded stomach and veins so bad that it feels like there's something about to explode in one's body. Unconsciousness and deep coma.

The effects on the psyche are not well documentated at such an OD, but it is assumed that the patient has lost connection with his actual presence, and has truly gotten a life in a dream world only known by his soul, experienced as reality. There are beliefs of flying through the air to anyplace, anywhere, anytime. But stories are so vague that no one knows for sure, except of course those very few. Yet often speaking with a marvellous passion to be noticed as charming.

Even under medical supervision it is known to be dangerous to practice unconsciousness states with critical safety precautions. But I believe it has these doors, but it is worth the risk to perform such a practice which even strikes fear amoung those who have studied toxicology extensively?

Anyway, alkaloid balance seems essential. From a phamaceutical point of view, recreational users of solanaceae's are combining 3 powerful alkaloids at once with perhaps only a general indication of the dose, or no indication at all. Often eye-ball dosages are done of what they think is right. Note that delirium can already occur from half a teaspoon or less than one cherry of the atropa belladonna. Who is famous for her potency of atropine and she can hold 2 mg's of atropine in each cherry if she's really potent.

Scopolamine and Hyoscamine are the two other major alkaloids. Better to do an eloborated search on these as well since it distinguishes slightely in effects. Solanaceae's do have a weird power since they sedate muscles except for the heart which is getting frequent strong contractions, which can be potentially dangerous.

Additional psychoactives, such as alcohol, coffee, opium and herbs which fight the anticholinergenic effects are added to brews to induce relaxtion, ability to urinate and to treat anxiety or panic which helps to have a experience of which someone is more aware. Although I doubt that it's practiced properly nowadays. Only on a very minor scales within some tribes maybe.

Sexual arousal has always been linked to the solanaceae's, possibility the heighted temprature of the skin and the wild vivid dreams, along with the additions in the brews of witchcraft might have contributed to that power.

It is weird that Ibogaine is too 'controversial' while solanaceae's are simply seen as just a plant. In my opinion, the use of tropanes is the most dangerous path one can go into, it requires very low dosages and a cardiac failure is real. Not even to mention the complex flashing effects in where one has no idea how he got into it, or whether it is real or not.

Elaborated hallucinations and prolonged interactions with them seems to be unique, and an experience which can be never acquired through the use of LSD.

But on the other hand, LSD has left heavenly spores within our world due to the teachings it has given millions of minds. It speaks to one in public, but also has a side which guarantees a person's individual strength.

The solanaceae's never managed it to pass on a notorious message to the world through teaching the human mind. Her power is a closed hand in order to secude one's subconsciousness, she only shows what she has if the participant has gotten himself locked into her house. Within the earth that is.

A man is flying within himselve if he dared to try out a path which other men haven't, it makes him feel he's closer to there where his normal percepted existance tells him to be. Datura is very well aware of this typical aspect of manhood. Taking life and giving life.

The man who acts as wild as an animal, with a gravity stone around his neck, might be adored and worshipped by his fellow sufferers. But it makes no sense to a man who has rised himself to states of awareness in where gravity is unknown.

If life could be for eternity with just it's content and no emotions attached to it, I'd reject it without a doubt. The fear that once your existance with feelings stops for evermore, is an agreed peace to me.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Yeah well I think everyone knows how we differ in opinion about life here... so I'm not going to repeat myself.

I'd just like to add that someone the datura can also trick you into those problems... if you go there with hopes of becoming more enlightened, she will laugh at you, if you try to acquire power, she will find yet another way to laugh at you.

You cannot fool this plant, in any way in my experience. And besides, a cherry can contain 300 seeds... which is enough to kill anyone or make him trip for 3-4 days.

My trips were between 30-100 seeds, do not ever consume a cherry, and if you don't know what you're doing : ie you're not a shaman, don't mess around with Datura ; she's powerful enough to make you forget you need to breathe.

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
Thanks for the replies, due to the lack of "contact" I have had with tropanes, my paper does lack the vivid and personal edge that you share.

I *may* be doing another assignment through the next few weeks / months concerning something else I'm not very familiar with; toad venom, am I right in thinking you have experience with this? I still have to discuss the idea with the Herpetology lecturer (which I'll be doing in the next few hours), but I can't see any problem with it. I may be investigating other toad venoms other than the psychedelic variety - those that contain cardiac steroids in high quantities for example (similar effect to digitoxin). It will be more chemically and taxanomically focused, but any personal experiences or input would be appreciated.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
You should also research the "chinese erection stone" I heard it was based on a few toad venoms, I'm curious about what it contains even if I'm young and don't need it.

It's said to contain bufotenine so it might not be legal to study it in the US tho :(

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
i definitely will want to read your toad venom essay
please post upon completion

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Ahua, regarding the cherry. Does one or two drops out of a ripe cherry, ingested orally, sounds familiar with your idea about reaching any effect out of this plant?

And if a treshold dose is on set, how will taking a nap contribute to the experience?

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Drops ? on set ?

Sorry I reread and don't quite get what you mean ?