Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Hello fellow psychonauts

Creatus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Déc 2007
I'm Creatus. I've been experimenting for a little over two years now, I'm still new to the world of psychedelics however I've had my share of incredible experiences.

I'm a flash cartoon artist. My production rate has slown incredibly recently, however my style has changed much over the last year or two and has definite psychedelic properties. Go ahead and check out my animation, art and music at my website: CreatusToons

I hope to share and become involved with the community here. Nothing is more appreciated then the dedication to the human mind.
ms_welcome.png

silv

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
this first pic makes me think you've been inspirated by the anime hellsing to some extent?

Anyway it looks great and a warm welcome to you! :)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Welcome!

I really like your site!

Creatus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Déc 2007
silv a dit:
this first pic makes me think you've been inspirated by the anime hellsing to some extent?
Nooooooooooo.
Not at all :(

I can't stand anime. That drawing is a self portrait I made when I was really stoned. I really do wear those glasses all the time, I have 12 different pairs all different colors. I don't wear my tophats as frequently as I used to though :(

Also, that pic was designed especially to be made on a mostly black background, which does slightly alter its appearance, as well as reveal the secret balanced on my finger :wink:
heehee.jpg

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Creatus a dit:
silv a dit:
Nooooooooooo.
Not at all :(

I can't stand anime. That drawing is a self portrait I made when I was really stoned. I really do wear those glasses all the time, I have 12 different pairs all different colors. I don't wear my tophats as frequently as I used to though :(

Also, that pic was designed especially to be made on a mostly black background, which does slightly alter its appearance, as well as reveal the secret balanced on my finger :wink:
heehee.jpg
that's funny, you can't stand anime yet your selfportrait has an extremely similar style to it as an anime.
:)

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I can't stand anime either, welcome my friend! :D

Creatus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Déc 2007
silv a dit:
that's funny, you can't stand anime yet your selfportrait has an extremely similar style to it as an anime.
:)
No, it really doesn't, at all. I'm not sure what kind of anime you've seen, but no, anime does not comply with my style. Anime is drawn exactly the same way by every anime artist, big eyes, overdone expression, thats why I hate the stuff anime has just completely destroyed creativity, anime artists have completely given up on their own ability to be unique and form their own style.

/end rant

Heres an example of a small animation thats in another one of my styles, alot more unique I'd say as well.

http://www.creatustoons.com/clockcrew/pencilsig.swf

Click the animation for a little psychedelic mix I threw together.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
what IS funny is that your portrait does look a bit like the character of the anime silv mentioned(pic below) and, in an even funnier turn of events misery's avatar looks like it too!!

:lol:

in fact, searching for this pic below I noticed that the character is also drawn with eyes (not in the hat but everywhere) and even chews something (not a cig but a cross).

so maybe you and the creator of the character were thinking of the same archetype (if so, which)??

synchronicity?

welcome :)

Creatus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Déc 2007
Ok, then theres a huge misconception going on I'm going to make clear.

That drawing looks like that character. That is irrelevant to anime.

I don't want any more anime in my thread, or my life. phew. :oops:

G

Invité
Welcome to the forum, be amazed and amuzed ;)

BTW: Do you have a clock fetish? :mrgreen:
It's funny to see so much clocks in your toons :D

Love your style btw :thumbsup:

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
???????? a dit:
in an even funnier turn of events misery's avatar looks like it too!!
the guy in my avatar is willy wonka, from charlie and the chocolate factory ^^
just wanted to mention that :D

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
welcome :) cool pic

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
misery a dit:
???????? a dit:
in an even funnier turn of events misery's avatar looks like it too!!
the guy in my avatar is willy wonka, from charlie and the chocolate factory ^^
just wanted to mention that :D
i mean
it's unmistakeable
it IS the Jonny Depp Willy Wonka k'mon!!! K'MON!! why would you want to be so blasphemious as to even think about comparing this work of art to a Van Helsing Manga (and a series of blasphemies referring to mangas in general) ?

PS has anyone noticed? Willy Wonka... sounds a lot like willie wanker (sounds "wankah" in british)
no offense to Roald Dahl of wich i'm a great admirer but it's an interesting assonance...
I apologise for this detour out of the thread
Welcome :wink:

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Creatus a dit:
Ok, then theres a huge misconception going on I'm going to make clear.

That drawing looks like that character. That is irrelevant to anime.

I don't want any more anime in my thread, or my life. phew. :oops:
narrow mindedness ftl. :cry:

G

Invité
greetings. a fellow artist is always welcomed! hope you learn and teach.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Well yeah now I can see Johnny Depp but you all can't deny the glasses and hats and gloves look a bit similar. There are several characters with these traits now that I think about it... mysterious, coat wearing gents.

And Creatus your page is cool, I like it :)

Creatus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Déc 2007
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
BTW: Do you have a clock fetish? :mrgreen:
It's funny to see so much clocks in your toons :D
Hah yes. I love clocks for many reason. The main reason being I am apart of a strange internet collaborative group of artists called the ClockCrew.

But more importantly I find clocks fascinating in the way that they measure the only dellusion that seperates us from God and Everything, Time.