Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

heating cigarette for rolling joint

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Hey!!

I guess you know about it... when rolling a joint the cigarette is often heated before with a lighter creating a honeylike smell. I wonder if this is for combusting some of the bad chemicals or is it just useless ??

Peace!! :weedman:

????????

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
what is heated?? all the cigarette?? I do this when I need to dry the joint a bit...

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
That's called: toasting the cigarette 8)

Toasting is heating the cigarette in the flame of a lighter, to heat up the shit as chemicals and perfume, that is added by the tobacco by the producers.
Don't hold the flame to long on one spot, don't burn it.
After heating it, you blow on the filter, to get most of the additives out, as you will clearly smell.
Repeat this until there is no more smoke coming from the blackening cigarette. Then you have dry, practically tasteless tobacco for in your joint :)

image041.jpg

image043.jpg

image045.jpg

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
thanks mate! :) yeah i knew abouit it i just wasn't sure if it was an urban legend or not, because some say it's useless and some don't... but the smell is really nice of a toasted cig... smells like honey.. i wonder what it really is...

by the way.... awesome pics!!! :mrgreen:

PEACE!! :weedman:

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
This sure as hell sounds interesting, I will definitely try this out sometime!
(already use the least possible tobacco while profiting from the easier burning of tobacco than weed).

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
silv a dit:
(already use the least possible tobacco while profiting from the easier burning of tobacco than weed).

Same here. I almost completely stopped with smoking tobacco.

The only time when i smoke some shag/cigarettes is when i'm at a party or drinking some beers with some mates in a café. But that's not very often.
I'm used to smoke while consuming alcohol and that's the only time when i like to smoke a cigarette/shag from time to time.
In normal daily life i practically don't smoke anymore (for about an half year now).

When i smoke cannabis i use a little bit of tobacco, because i'm not smoking weed anymore, and a hash joint needs some tobacco to burn :)

The reason why i smoke hash instead of weed: i like the smooth hash high, and i also like that i'll still be able to do a lot of the daily life things.
For some reason that isn't very good possible with the weed from Holland, it's getting to strong i guess
:p

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
A small point to you happymind, I usually have the feeling that I'm very able to control the way MJ falls with my mindset. If I'm gonna use it because I'm going to do a weeks worth of dishes (hey give me a break I'm a student ;)) and I want to make that more fun I can choose to get really high but a really active high. If I want to chil out on the couch, it usually falls that way.
Bottomline: try to set your mind to getting a certain type of high, not too clearly defined but just like "active" or "passive" and start doing what you wanted too. It's amazing how much control you have by consciously choosing the mindset you want to be in! :)

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
Yes i know that silv, but with hash to effects usually don't come up very strong and quickly at the same time, it gives me the feeling to be more in control and more clear in my mind.
Hash gives me more the feeling to do things that are usefull.
With weed i'm more distracted from that.

I don't say weed suck or something, but i like hash better now :wink:
Trying to smoke hash in stead of weed for a certain period, is worth trying :)

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
i toast cigs before making a chillum mix. it smells like chocolate to me. its the best bit

ashwinje

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Nov 2015
I personally love the smell when you heat the cigarette. I find it bloody easy to grind if you dont have a grinder.
Happy tokin'