Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Have you Glitched? [altered sound experience.. try at home]

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Cortexelus a dit:
All you need is a microphone, ear phones, laptop, and a backpack. Run the mic through the laptop, filter it through some effects, and listen to it through the ear phones.

It's portable. You can walk around like this. You can meditate like this. Parties. It's really synergistic.
Haven't tried it out yet, but certainly will! I just need to figure out how to set my computer to not go into sleeping mode when I close it. Otherwise it won't really fit in my packpack.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
control panel > energy options

Pez

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Avr 2008
Cortexelus a dit:
Laptops are fat.

This needs to be more portable. Like, hack some Mp3 player or USB stick? Rockbox? iPhone perhaps? Any ideas on how to build one?

Hmm, the iPhone has a built-in microphone. If only I knew how to program for it...

Cortexelus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juin 2009
Pez a dit:
Cortexelus a dit:
Laptops are fat.

This needs to be more portable. Like, hack some Mp3 player or USB stick? Rockbox? iPhone perhaps? Any ideas on how to build one?

Hmm, the iPhone has a built-in microphone. If only I knew how to program for it...

The iPhone! It's got visual capabilities too. If I had one I'd make the software for it.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
???????? a dit:
control panel > energy options
Thanks! Now I can use my laptop as an mp3-player! :lol:
I still have to install the program. Will try it out tonight.

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
That about Ableton is quite interesting.
But I guess you need to record stuff first before being able to experience the sounds with the effects.
Is it possible in that same way to manipulate all the sounds live?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I opened VST, but couldn't make sense of it. Ableton doesn't seem to have any seeds.

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
Cortexelus a dit:
Glitching.

Have you ever tried this?

You basically listen to the natural sounds around you through an effects processor.

It's amazing.

All you need is a microphone, ear phones, laptop, and a backpack. Run the mic through the laptop, filter it through some effects, and listen to it through the ear phones.

It's portable. You can walk around like this. You can meditate like this. Parties. It's really synergistic.

I use Ableton Live. I'm not sure what other software does this. A battery-powered effects pedal works too.

You can customize the world to sound like anything you want. The supply of VST plugins out there is limitless.

Favorite is Glitch (it's where the name comes from:) http://illformed.org/plugins/glitch/

I like your theories here. I have played around with this kind of stuff alot, but I never considered doing it live. You could REALLY take that kind of idea to the next level with a digital stereo recording device and use that for your mic.
Or better yet you could play with binaural mic setups and have an "out of head experience" you don't even want to know how real it sounds, your headphones literally are transparent.

And you talk combining this manipulation with video? Both combined with maybe a visual headset (we don't really have the technology yet for good video headsets but they do exist) and you got yourself an alternate digital reality. That touches very highly on Augmented reality which is becoming increasingly prevalent in Japanese culture as well as American. Like a biofeedback internet, but simulated.

I like this. Make some ambient recordings with this and post online, better yet sync with footage of the same thing and alter that too. I'd love to see that experiment.

I might also mention the Japanese animated series "Serial Experiments Lain" is about this somewhat too, only it's a real Biofeedback interweb, it's an amazing concept.

Cortexelus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juin 2009
RushNerd a dit:
Or better yet you could play with binaural mic setups and have an "out of head experience" you don't even want to know how real it sounds, your headphones literally are transparent.

And you talk combining this manipulation with video? Both combined with maybe a visual headset (we don't really have the technology yet for good video headsets but they do exist) and you got yourself an alternate digital reality. That touches very highly on Augmented reality which is becoming increasingly prevalent in Japanese culture as well as American. Like a biofeedback internet, but simulated.

I like this. Make some ambient recordings with this and post online, better yet sync with footage of the same thing and alter that too. I'd love to see that experiment.

I might also mention the Japanese animated series "Serial Experiments Lain" is about this somewhat too, only it's a real Biofeedback interweb, it's an amazing concept.

Out of head experience LMAO whoa! I just ordered an FM transmitter, (no model head, but I have a stereo mic), and I definitely need to try something like that.

Yeah, combination with video is the next step. I'm waiting for a decent video headset.

I threw a Glitch party this weekend with a bunch of my friends. It was a peak experience. I'll post what came of that later..

Here's a video from a jam a few weeks ago:

More videos to come..

That's awesome, I definitely am going to have to check out that anime.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
Pretty good to say the least. The 13 layers of Serial Experiments Lain is what got me into, well this. The third eye, the lust for technology, the digital plane of existence, and ways to combine all three.

It's just such an ineffably deep series to so many levels spiritual, philosophical, etc. Certainly something I hope no one who has serious questions on consciousness, human race, or the universe would pass up. You do have to watch the WHOLE thing though, kinda have to commit to it, or it won't work.

Anyway I did a short summery of it last year:

http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/movie/de ... ent-193007

Not that you would have to, but it all takes on a different meaning when you meld all the layers together in a trip, that's really something.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
yeah i agree it comes around full circle nicely, being only 13 episodes makes it short and sweet and it's apparent that the creators planned everything consciously beforehand, unlike other series that get extended aimlessly, sometimes. and yeah there are lots of subjects covered, albeit subtly. i can see how you were inspired in several interesting topics after watching it.

hey, i didn't remember that they showed stuff about dr. lilly and the dolphin experiments! --

i think they really made a good job in getting across that distinct feeling of alienation, one i could relate to deeply. watching the everyday life of that little girl often gave me an eerie sense of remembrance of past feelings of mine.

1099631499415.jpg

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
???????? a dit:
hey, i didn't remember that they showed stuff about dr. lilly and the dolphin experiments! --

Here's the full episode in question: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... oid=866208

The entire "Protocol" layer is a mind fuck. It still screws with me to watch it because it seamlessly intertwines reality fact and fiction. I admit after months of research all the facts are not dead on, but give you a general idea.

The way the wired delivered information like that I always found to be extremely interesting, it's like an RSS feed except for with superior AI. Can you imagine learning like that?

Anyway the Protocol layer planted the seeds in my head, I've looked up everything there, it all checks out. The next step they speak of with the Japanese scientist using the Shuman resonance principals combined with digital technology and networking to create an entire web of information that connects every human and is only limited by the sources power...is asounting to say the least.

And in my mind, completely logical and possibly something to come.

On another note, I have 3 Lain albums (1 ambient, one soundtrack, one soundtrack cyberia remix) tripping to that kind of stuff after being through so many Lain sessions is not describable. It brings the story...or maybe the ideas and emotions rather to life. It's like being there, or maybe having a "wired" of your own.

Sorry I could indeed rant on this all day, it means so much to me, and not many people have gotten a chance to see the series, or at least experience it.

We all already the two tools of the wired through, internet and our (higher consciousness level) senses. Use and explore.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
RushNerd a dit:
an entire web of information that connects every human

yes... i am quite fond of this idea too, it seems like the next logical step in our evolution. but i think we're quite far from achieving something like that, honestly...... but.. i am not hopeless :)

RushNerd a dit:

i would like to hear that, could you point/send it to me?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
Very interesting, I think i'd like to try this myself with a more focused intent, maybe with my guitar and possibly using to make soundscapes or noise soundscapes such as Merzbow does:

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Saw him play that year, possibly the same tour.. it was a treat.

Cortexelus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juin 2009
RushNerd a dit:
Very interesting, I think i'd like to try this myself with a more focused intent, maybe with my guitar and possibly using to make soundscapes or noise soundscapes such as Merzbow does:

OH man yeah! Exactly.

I just got a couple FM transmitters.. no more bulky laptop backpacks. Big glitch party planned on Tuesday.. :O Everyone's bringing an MP3 player with FM, and we'll all be listening in on a MIC in the center of the house.

We could even set up two or more of these on opposite sides of the house, all broadcasting on the same FM frequency. o_O

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
st.bot.32 a dit:
Saw him play that year, possibly the same tour.. it was a treat.
Amazing! Can you share what the concert was even like? I can only speculate what his shows would be like (let alone on any substance, not that you would need it at all). How about volume levels?

Chaotic harmony at it's finest.