Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Have you Glitched? [altered sound experience.. try at home]

rukoche

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Nov 2007
Cortexelus a dit:
Laptops are fat.

This needs to be more portable. Like, hack some Mp3 player or USB stick? Rockbox? iPhone perhaps? Any ideas on how to build one?

you can use something like korg mini kp I guess, but you can't do much with it compared to Live or any other DAW

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
RushNerd a dit:
st.bot.32 a dit:
Saw him play that year, possibly the same tour.. it was a treat.
Amazing! Can you share what the concert was even like? I can only speculate what his shows would be like (let alone on any substance, not that you would need it at all). How about volume levels?

Sorry for some reason I missed this post till now.. when I saw Cortelexus' post on rjdj (which looks pretty sweet)

It was of course quite loud. I wore earplugs. The thing is, you'd think that earplugs would muffle things too much (they always do for rock shows), but actually when it came to Merzbow they almost made it 'just right'.. they cut down on the high abrasive treble and suddenly you could hear all the parts quite clearly. He has great control over his sound. Lots of different frequencies to massage your insides.

It was a medium-sized venue but quite dark so it was hard to see what he was doing, and quite frankly I was enjoying listening so much that I didn't really care what he was doing. When I get into music I tend to just close my eyes and drift away.

I can't remember the entire show specifically, but I do recall there was a lot of motion, no idea ever went on too long.. it always stayed interesting. Lots of different ideas, there were even some sections of pounding rhythmic material (not techno mind you), and some lush soundscapes as well.