Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Growing shrooms for the first time

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
I just put my two (large) p. cubensis kits in the fridge after carefully filling the boxes with water without touching anything more than the outsides of the boxes. In 12 hrs I will take them out and drain them from all superfluous water. This is a kind of a documentary from day 1 so that both you and I can use the info about the process of cultivating magic mushrooms. Well.. this is going to be fun. Now I'm just waiting for a sitter so that my buddy and I can smoke some wicked Sage 5X!! :lol:

Laters

G

Invité
Cool, be sure to make foto's from the day you start seeing the first pins (probably some 2 weeks from now)

Btw if you can't find a sitter, sit for each other.
It's just the first 15 to 25 minutes that someone needs to pay attention,
so then you'd have to take turns.

DevXavier

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Being on the same wavelength is always better than sitting for each other.

G

Invité
I always think sitters are more for the comforting thought.
I mean I never had a sitter ever.
Usually it was me comming out of my trip (weird as hell) to help people
regain the idea of reallity and then after the problem is solved, the trip starts again... Very strange.
I've had that a few times, tripping with (unexperienced) friends.

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
Why of course I will have a sitter. Infact I will have two sitters now when my buddy and I are going to smoke Sage 5X for the first time. I even brought some nice wildflowers from the forest that I put in water in a jar on the table just for the ambience and they smell very nice too, and some soft reggae music, lit candles and just have a chill moment. I will meditate first. Then We will smoke 1/4 gr each and inhale it all in one hit. Hold the smoke for as long as I can and then just hope for Sally D to invite me in to her world. :lol:

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
Cool, be sure to make foto's from the day you start seeing the first pins (probably some 2 weeks from now)

I'll even do better. My friend who is interested in (yeah shrooms, salvia, weed and cacti too ^^) taking photographs (even has a very expensive camera) has promised me to help me out with photographing the process. :)

Of course I will treat him with a nice shroom trip after the first harvest because he is so kind to help me document this process. :lol:

G

Invité
The best is to take pictures in the morning and evening 'cause DAMN! these things grow fast :mrgreen:

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
Aiight.. grow boxes has been drained from water as good as I could. I've put them in their plastic bags and sealed with paper clips. Now I'm putting them above my refridgerator (isn't that warm and cozy there but I'll give it a shot). tmro I'll take them out and put them in my living room for some indirect daylight.

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
Found a moldy green-black spot in my mycelium this morning when I was nursing my kits. I also found a similar spot in my other kit. Both black spots has been removed from the kit with a clean washed bbq-plier (after washing my hands). I was SO careful while handling the boxes so tbh with you I'm quite puzzled how the black spots got there?! Could it have been when I put the boxes inside those see-through plastic bags? My hands briefly touched the inside of the plastic bags. Maybe the two black moldy spots got there that way? I did empty the boxes of all superfluous water so imho I can't think that it could be because of that now could it!? I held them upside down til there was no more dripping from the boxes damn it!! :lol:

At the end of the day I think my kits are doing just fine. I'm not worried. :lol:

tWizTA

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Mai 2006
you should watch if the spots are getting bigger and what color they get. 'cause
mold usually grows faster than mycelium at roomconditions...

everything else than white and maybe little yellow and blue isn't good. my first growkit got green mold on it and i don't know why 'cause i was as careful as you are. but you'll never know where the contam was comming from. best wishes !

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
I just checked my kits and they seem to be doing fine. Only white mycelium on the surface of the kits. I'm checking them every other hour for anykind of contamination.
*EDIT1*

Just checked them more thoroughly. and I found about 3-4 very small light green (blue?) spots in the white mycelium. I'm going to wait a few hours and then see if they've grown larger. If so I'll remove the (supposedly) green stuff. We don't want that in our kits now do we? ^^
*EDIT2*

Read in another forum that the blue spots is mycelium that is "stressed" and the spots are really more blue than green so I'll wait a few hrs and then see if I need to take any kind of action. Need to get me some blabla-peroxide to get rid of any possible contamination. That's first thing on my schedule tmro. :roll:

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
My kits seems to be alright. The bluish spots has disappeared and I've put them in the cabin above my fridge. Tomorrow will be a new exciting day!! :lol:

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
Just woke up and I've placed my babies "Seamush" and "Mushilda" (yeah a bit corny lol but bare in mind I just woke up :lol:) at their special spot in my living room. Nothing much to report really. Seems like the mycelium is a bit "fluffier" than yesterday. All is healthy, all is well.

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
DevXavier a dit:
Being on the same wavelength is always better than sitting for each other.

Yeah I hear ya bro. Had too many sitters. I just wanted 1 when I was going to smoke sd with my buddy. There was this annoying dude who kept asking if he could have some bla bla bla he thought it was a party drug.. fookin chav tbfh wiv u. He really pushed my buttons so I think Sally got scared of my angry outburst when I told him off. The bloke hadn't even read ONE SINGLE WORD OF FACT about Sally. Wot a tosser.. I got mad at him cuz he lacked of respect towards Sally and was just completely stupid. "Duuh if you and your buddy exhale ur smoke in this plastic bag duuuuh I can inhale it". I told him it doesn't work that way. Still he kept going on about it. I asked him: Listen. Have you even read about SD? "Duuuuh, no?". Then I'm afraid you wont have any SD with me. He really pushed my buttons with his fookin ignorance. :evil:

skoeip

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
Ignorant people can be realy frustrating! espesialy when heavely under the influence of something.

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
That is very true. Oh well.. my bad. I should've just let 1 friend be a sitter. Next time I wont let anyone else in my apartment than the sitter and ev. 1 more smoker but that's it!! :lol:

My grow boxes are doing fine btw. Nothing new to report. Mycelium is still white as snow and looks very healthy. This is exciting!!

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
YAY!! Just checked my kits and one of them has got 8 tiiiiny pins coming up. They're about 2 - 5 mm small. I'm so excited!! My babies!! :lol:

This is day 7 (going on 8.) after activating my kits btw!

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
Pins popping up every 2nd hour lol. I've counted 17 or 18 in one kit and the other kit is just starting to produce some pins. I've counted 3-4 so far. SO EXCITING THIS IS!!! :D :D :D

pics coming soon. ^^

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
Pop, pop, pop, pop, pop!! :lol:

22 (edit: 24 even ^^) or more in one box and in the other there's atleast 10 pins. ^^