Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Growing: help identify the problem

Shneck

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Nov 2005
High everyone,
A month ago I have started my first cubensis growbox project, 3 weeks ago first small ones appeared and grew till 2-4 cm. Then every one mushroom that had grown this far started getting dry, stems changed colour to kind of whitish grey with some small dark grey/black spots and caps turn grey instead of light-brown, and their general look is really miserable.
New ones go on growing really fine and strong looking but as they reach 3-5 cm same sh!t happens to them as well.
My box is inside an aquarium with 1 cm layer of water to help with humidity, the aquarium is covered with thin pvc film.
2-3 times a day I remove the pvc film to fan air inside the aquarium with a piece of cardboard.
The ambient temp is around 22-25 Celsium.
The questions are:
1. Why does the growth take so long (almost 3 weeks since the first small ones appeared)?
2. Why do they grow fine at first and then stop growing, start fading and drying and changing the colour and crap.
The box is from *******.
Will really appreciate your ideas.

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
At first I suspected you don't fan fresh air into the container (that's what happened to my first growbox), but you do, so I can't say what happens with your shrooms. :confused:
Maybe it's too moist inside the aquarium? Try removing the water and only spray the inside with water every few days.

It's pretty normal that the shrooms need a while until they start growing. With my last box I also waited more than 2 weeks until the first pinheads appeared.

Shneck

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Nov 2005
Thanks, will try without water and with more fanning.
As for the slow grow, the matter is that the first pinheads have appeared quite promptly - in about 7-8 days.
The problem is with their eventual growth.
Will try to make a photo and place here, maybe it will help better than my description.
Peace.

K

kerouac99

Invité
i have the same problem. if you find a solution, please post it.
also there is a lot of mycelium growing on the caps, i ve read info saying that this is caused by to many humidity and some other saying the total oposite thing, so i dont know what to do. anyway, does anyone know if this mycelium that grows on the caps causes negative effects on the growing process of the shrooms?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The gray stuf is either mold , or bacteria . The black bits are either bacteria or animals . You need a magnifying glass and / or a 15x to 30x microscope .
To see pictures of all sorts of mushroom parasites and learn ALL about mushroom growing get yourself " The mushroom cultivator " - by Paul Stamets and

J.S.Chilton ISBN: 0-9610798-0-0 and " Das pilzzucht buch " by B.M.Schuldes and Sam Lanceata ISBN: 3-930442-38-8

AS far as mycelyum growing on the caps:-

Either

1. The myceleum is to old . Try new spores .
Or
2. It`s been growing on the same substrat to long . Change to another .
Or
3.Spores have landed on the , to wet , caps and germinated . The fish tank needs to be a little open ALL of the time so that the air can circulate a bit .

Geting this right is the hardest bit . Stagnant wet air is deadly....Remember mushrooms don`t normaly live in 95% humidity , they get their water from the

ground / substrat and dew . THEY CAN NOT SWIM !!! On most of the pictures i have seen the conditions were definately to wet . The best advice i can give you

is to stop buying other peoples wares , make spore prints and get info about the " P.F. method " and / or its followups and do it yourself ) .
Or
4. I`ve seen mushrooms in a grocers shop spawn again from their caps after lying there to long and being sprayed with water every day to keep them looking

fresh . It is possible to inoculate substrat with pieces of fresh mushrooms .

In norther europe the best choice to grow is Psilocybe Cyanescens outdoors in conifer forests .
In southern europe the best choice to grow is Panaeolus Cyanescens indoors , or outdoors on a bio cow farm .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Faning it with a piece of cardboard ???........ What the fuck ??? . This is definately the WRONG way to do it !!!! Pictures of asterix...a fat crosseyed nubian looking bored cooling pharao by pulling a rope with a bit of cardboard attached to it !!!!! Or a cleaning lady wanders through an operations room in the middle of an operation spitting on the blood stains and wiping them away with her sleave while dusting with ....a bit o f cardboard !!!!! 8)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
SORRY .... it was suposed to be funny.....

My profile :-

I am a small , 4 foot 3 inch , fat , 146.5 kilo , blue eyed , homeless , unemployed ( Pharao died and i got kicked out of the operation theater......inspite of my piece of cardboard ) , 110% disabled ( i was born with meteorism in the end stages and terminal priapismus ) , crosseyed , black , transsexual , jewish dicklecksick , egocentric , anti nazi nubian and i love you ALL .

:prayer:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006

I am a small , 4 foot 3 inch , fat , 146.5 kilo , blue eyed , homeless , unemployed ( Pharao died and i got kicked out of the operation theater......inspite of my piece of cardboard ) , 110% disabled ( i was born with meteorism in the end stages and terminal priapismus ) , crosseyed , black , transsexual , jewish dicklecksick , egocentric , anti nazi nubian and i love you ALL .

:prayer:

GerbyQ

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Août 2005
eating crazy pills like candy right? :rolleyes:
I surely wasnt offended, and I was laughing so nothing to be sorry about

about the post; it has to be something that you do. do you soak it long enough in water? Next flush maybe try and do it exactly as ******* description. put it in the plastic bag, think about the right lighting. It shouldn’t be that hard with this grow box

Shneck

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Nov 2005
Have absolutely forgot about my own post, sorry ppl!
Well, everything is fine now, the problem was temp fluctuations.
I took my box to a friend's house where he sustains constant 24-25 Celcium, 3 flushes since then, all just great.
The crops are rich, so I presume there's nothing wrong with fanning, btw.
And GOD, thanks for your advices, you're great, I love you too. Also, don't get so pissed about your looks, it's your soul that matters - and I do believe you'll be OK some day.

Peace.

P.S. I know I shouldn't ask, but can't restrain - is 4ft 3in height or width?
Thank you.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004

Coke, or alcohol? :lol: :D :wink:

Sorry I ask this question, but I had too much alcohol right now and I would have said the same ;)