Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

ghetto vitamins for plants

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
hypothetically, if you had an outdoor plant already started and its started its flowering stage.
and you wanted to give it vitamins by crushing up a little childrens flintstone vitamins into the water every 4-5 days(hypothetically).
of course you would stop about a week before the harvest to flush out any excess sugar or nutrients.
i just want opinions about if that could hurt the plant or maybe help it. because ive read on other forums sugar helps your plants roots somehow. it might have unnecessary vitamins that were for humans, but i bet it has alot of basic vitamins that the plant could use

heres the ingredients i found of the flintstones website: Calcium Phosphate, Sorbitol, Choline Bitartrate, Magnesium Phosphate, Sodium Ascorbate, Ferrous Fumarate, Gelatin, Corn Starch, Vitamin E, Stearic Acid, Carrageenan, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Soy, Castor), Magnesium Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Niacinamide, D-Calcium Pantothenate, FD&C Red #40 Aluminum Lake, Silicon Dioxide, Mono- and Di-Glycerides, Aspartame†, FD&C Yellow #6 Aluminum Lake, Sucrose, Xylitol, FD&C Blue #2 Aluminum Lake, Cupric Oxide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Less Than 2% Of: Beta-Carotene, Biotin, Folic Acid, Magnesium Oxide, Monoammonium Glycyrrhizinate, Potassium Iodide, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12,Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol).

Vitamin A (33% as beta-carotene)3000 IU (per tablet)
Vitamin C: 60 mg
Vitamin D: 400 IU
Vitamin E: 30 IU
Thiamin (B1): 1.5 mg
Riboflavin (B2): 1.7 mg
Niacin: 15 mg
Vitamin B6: 2 mg
Folic Acid: 400 mcg
Vitamin B12: 6 mcg
Biotin: 40 mcg
Pantothenic Acid: 10 mg
Calcium (elemental): 100 mg
Iron: 18 mg
Phosphrous: 100 mg
Iodine: 150 mcg
Magnesium: 20 mg
Zinc: 12 mg
Copper: 2 mg
Sodium: 10 mg
Choline: 38 mg

Contains: Soy.

and if thats a dumb idea, then i would just like ideas on cheap, easy, martha stuart-like ways to help your plant get a leg up in life. like orange peels for soil fertilizer
much thanks

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
hmmz, I think plants doesn't even absorb vitamins..
and it's not necessary, plants make vitamins and so for themselves, so there's no need giving vitamins to them.

You do however, have to feed your plants with the elements they need to make their vital compounds.
Myself, i gave my plant for growth a regular organic fertilizer (with high N/P ratio) + added some wood ashes (contains many minerals)
When the flowering season was about 1 month ahead, i stopped giving this regular fertilizer and i gave it fertilizer for roses (has much phosphor in it which is needed for the flowering) .. Be sure don't give any fertilizer with a high N/P ratio during flowering ! ( as high N/P would result in long-stretched open buds - whereas low N/P ratio would give more compact buds! )
Using at least 2 kinds of fertilizer (one for growth and one for flowering) is really important

edit; hmmz, but now i look on the web, it seems that vits maybe could give a boost to your plant..

_Avatar_

Banni
Inscrit
19 Jan 2010
I can't imagine that's a cheap way of providing nutrients, because the minerals in a children's multivitamin are usually chelated, which is important for the human body, but not for plants. Chelated minerals are much more expensive than inorganic minerals.
There's quite a bit of iron in that multiple by the way.

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
Shamanita a dit:
( high N/P would result in long-stretched open buds - whereas low N/P ratio would give more compact buds! )

how many ways could one go about lowering N/P ratio?

and is it better to top your plant to get two top flowers, or not top it and get one fat one?
i wonder if the single fat bud would be bigger or better than if you chose to prune it

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
all plants love warm ~98 and humid. Cactuses can thrive in this, vines go crazy, ferns and moss love it too.

Some plants don't care, but there are VERY few plants that do NOT like humidity.

However, alkaloids and THC are found more prevelant in plants with a dryer atmosphere.

Here is how I would grow cannabis:

For starters just have the seeds begin in a container that has the enderside heated by a heating pad (walmart) put it on low or medium setting. Have the container relatively air tight - plants really don't need much co2. Keep it moist, not damp. it should be like warm moist bread - that is perfect, but not soggy bread.

Once the plant is bigger outfit some kind of container, clear plastic wrap or like, seasonal window shielding. this will allow the plant to grow very fast.

Once the plant is about to bud, take it out of the container and only water the plant, but have the air dry - figure it out.

I has a green thumb. :D

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
Illegalsmile a dit:
how many ways could one go about lowering N/P ratio?

and is it better to top your plant to get two top flowers, or not top it and get one fat one?
i wonder if the single fat bud would be bigger or better than if you chose to prune it

Well, u can give ur plant some N-P-K (Nitrogen - phospor - kalium) fertilizer, it's called like that.
And for flowering u take such a fertilizer that has a N - P - K of let's say 8:14:10 , so a low N/P value, the kalium-value isn't that bigga deal for flowering i think, it's merely for root-growth

and i always top my plant, because else, they'll grow to big (and i grow outdoor so..
so i think it depends on whether u're growing in - or outdoor. Indoor i wouldn't top them, then u can put more plants on 1 m² . Outdoor u better do top them

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
If you started it outdoors, it's getting all the vitamins it needs, dude. It's a weed. It grows just fine on its own with a little sun and a little watering here and there. (: