Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

getting high off of parsley

sadhak

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Juin 2009
yeah - that lame herb that you eat every day
you can trip really hard from it

I know that it's really hard to believe this but listen to me:
parsley essential oil contains up to 80% of myristicin (a powerful hallucinogen)
effects include:
*hallucinations
*euphoria
*sometimes nausea

here's a trip report:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PqZaxvK ... annel_page

the reason why you don't get high eating parsley is because it contains only trace amounts of myristicin

parsley essential oil is hard to find on the market (tried two nature stores and several spice shops and nothing really worked out)
but you can order it on the internet or try to extract it yourself

LsDxMdma

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Nov 2007
hm. that report was kinda cool. but i dont think everyone would get the same effects !!

sunshroom

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Juil 2008
Doesn't nutmeg contain more myristicin than parsley? Though I don't know which one is easier to get or extract essential oils.
Heh according to This, even dill contains myristicin.

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Its web shit .

sunshroom

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Juil 2008
Probably, but what about myristicin -> MMDA?
Edit:
It is in the PHIKAL:
This is a material that might be a contributing factor to the pharmacology of nutmeg. The major essential oil from that spice is myristicin, and it is the easiest source of MMDA. It has been reported that the passage of this oil through the liver of a rabbit will generate MMDA in that animal. The only difference between the two molecules, structurally, are the elements of ammonia. Myristicin plus ammonia gives MMDA. Another natural source of myristicin is Oil of Parsley, which is also an excellent source of apiole, mentioned under DMMDA. A rumor that had currency in the 1960's, that parsley could get you high, probably had its origins in the reports of myristicin being present, coupled with myristicin being the principal source of MMDA. The relationship to myristicin (an essential oil) led to the classifying of MMDA as a Essential Amphetamine. These relationships are expanded upon, under TMA.

Grenouille

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
11 Juin 2009
Personally, I wouldn't want to experiment with the stuff. As I understand it, there are two strains - the apiol producing strain and the myristicin strain. The apiol strain, aside from food use, is used in large amounts for abortions and is capable of inducing a coma. The myristicin strain is the one you want, but every report I've ever heard of myristicin use (via nutmeg) sounds like it wouldn't be a very good time. Reported effects include hallucinations, out-of-body experiences, dizziness, vomiting, etc. but vary depending on dosage.

In reference to nutmeg, one author wrote:

"The danger of addiction can be ruled out completely, for anyone who has willingly ingested an overdose of nutmeg in order to experience the hallucinogenic effects acquires such an aversion to this spice that he can no longer take it."

As for the in vivo amination of myristicin, apiol, safrole, etc., I imagine that such a transformation only occurs in very small quantities, as the dominant metabolic pathway probably involves oxidation or another non-aminating pathway (just an educated guess, I could be wrong).

Has anyone out there tried something like this and actually had a pleasant experience?

Grenouille

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
11 Juin 2009
I guess that video counts as a 'positive experience' but every credible report that I've read doesn't make it sound so enjoyable. I guess it depends on what you like - I know some people who enjoy taking large qtys of DXM but I've always loathed the stuff.

dreamybunz

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Sept 2009
Parsley is toxic in large quantities - that's why it's only used as a garnish and you don't see food like parsley soup!

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
dreamybunz a dit:
Parsley is toxic in large quantities - that's why it's only used as a garnish and you don't see food like parsley soup!
lol
as a kid i used to eat handfuls of the stuff from the garden
EVERYTHING is toxic in large quantities
even oxygen

zombieteddybear

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2014
Nutmeg essential oil is actually highly toxic, look at lists of toxic oils. it will make you high because it is killing your brain cells, like smelling paint and stuff. Even eating more than two tablespoons of nutmeg will cause hallucinations. And death. Im sure parsley does the same thing. What makes you high? Things that kill brain cells. That is what makes you high. I think to get high I would stick with weed, in moderation.