Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

freshly inoculated jars but ? on water geting in the jar??

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
ok all the jars were inoculated the other night and i tried to be as steril as possible but it seems like in one or two jars that there is water or at least more water then the other jars have in the substrate. it jus looks like the substrate is a lot more moistened then the other jars. is this bad? its kinda like a slight white milky color. i left the jars sit in the pressure cooker over night to cool n it seemed like some water got into a jar or two. question is is this bad or not? if so should i get rid of the jars and if your incubating at 85 degrees how long on average should they take to inoculate or at least see some mycelium growth. sorry about my spelling.

thanks

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Usually mycleium growth is seen after 5 days. It all depends on conditions. It can take longer sometimes, but in optimum conditions it's usually around 5 days. Also about the jars that seem to have more moisture than the others; have you inoculated them yet? If you have do not throw them out, just play it out and see how it goes. There is a specific water content needed, but there is some give. If you have no inoculated them yet, I would recommend making some new jars instead of wasting spore solution. I have never experienced to much water content, but I believe you may see some yellowing of the myclieum, so do not worry when you see this yellowing, it is no contamination. Anyways, good luck :D

PEACE & LOVE

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
nope everything is inoculated but im about to make another batch of jars tonight. ive been using this pf tec method for 5 jars. its one cup water one cup brown rice flower and 2 cups vermiculite not in that order ofcoarse but thats how i did it with 60 min at 15psi. incubating now at 85.1 first full day my babies have had on this planet. god i wish i could fast foward 2 months from now.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
its one cup water one cup water and 2 cups vermiculite

Where is the brown rice flour? Or did you mean brown rice flour but typed water twice?

PEACE & LOVE

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
I thought that
1/4 cup of brown rice powder
1/2 cup of vermiculite
60 cc's water

Was the best formula? ;)

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
i used the pf tek method used by two older guys doin it and it was 1 cup water one cup organic brown rice flour and 2 cups verm

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
What size jars are you using? As 1/2pint is equal to 1 cup you have 3cups dry material, 1 cup water. Do you just not use the entire mix?

BlimeyGrimey

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2008
mushhed8055 a dit:
its kinda like a slight white milky color.

Does that milky color look like a slimy film? If so its probably bacterial contamination due to the jar being too wet. Overly wet substrate is a perfect environment for bacteria.

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
ok, so lemmy get this straight. you take your vermiculite, brown rice powder, and water, put it in a pressure cooker with the jars (the mix is inside the jars?) and this is the food for the mush? or is this to decontaminate the jars?

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
i couldnt edit my last post, but yeah, i found a very good erowid mush guide, and i am truely a noob:P

so ignore everything so far that i have asked/stated about mush:P

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
yes organic brown rice flour, water and vermiculite are the most common substrates used by home growers