Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Freak incoming

Proteus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Sept 2009
Hi

Came across this place a few times before and decided I'd join up. Been a psychonaut a long time though I hadn't heard that term until a few months ago.

I meditate and have a lot of experience with that especially the Buddhist variety. I used to be an occultist but left all the occult groups many years ago and formulated my own personal system. Last but not least I'm really into entheogens.

My "thinking" background is in psychology especially psychoanalytical psychology, western & eastern philosophy and much that comes between.

See you around. :D

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Welcome! :D

My "thinking" background is in psychology especially psychoanalytical psychology, western & eastern philosophy and much that comes between.
Are you familiar with Stan Grof's work?

Proteus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Sept 2009
I'm aware of his work and have probably absorbed some of his ideas by reference from other writers (e.g. Ken Wilber, Charles Tart) but have never read any of his work myself. Most of my exposure has been to neo-freudian thinking.

Is there a good primer you could recommend?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
You could sit back and watch the 27 video's I uploaded yesterday: The Transpersonal Vision

Otherwise, I don't think it matters much which book you read first. I first read 'LSD Psychotherapy' and then 'Psychology of the Future'. If you want to know specifically about his views on Wilber, Freud, Rank, Jung etc., then Psychology of the Future would be the best book to start with. It was specifically written for those who don't know Stanislav's ideas yet. I'm currently translating that book into Dutch (about an hour a day).

There are a couple of threads about Grof on this forum, with various interesting citations:

Stan Grof's LSD Psychotherapy

Psychonautica 74 - Stan Grof - psychospiritual death/rebirth

Stan Grof versus Rick Strassman on DMT

And here's a whole list of topics in which he was discussed.

Ken Wilber was discussed in these topics.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
Awesome, welcome :D

Amazingly beautiful avatar btw ;)

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Welcome.. I'm enjoying reading your posts!