Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

First terminal patient treated with LSD

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
MAPS sent out the following news flash:

"The first subject was treated in Peter Gasser, MD's LSD/end-of-life anxiety study in Switzerland on May 13th. This marks the beginning of what will become the first LSD-assisted psychotherapy study in over 36 years. While we're sad that Albert Hofmann didn't live to actually see the first administration of LSD in this study, we're glad he knew the study was fully approved and that the initial subject was going to be enrolled in the study soon. This subject's second and final experimental session will take place on June 27. Dr. Gasser will be writing about the details of this initial research in his report for the upcoming Summer MAPS Bulletin."

peter_gasser.jpg

Peter Gasser, MD

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Incredible news! Tis a shame Mr. Hoffman didn't get to live to see this, though.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i bet it would please him though... maybe he sees it from heaven because that's where he's probebly dwelling by now... at least he'd deserve to be in heaven, for what he has done for mankind.

peace :weedman:

Jakobien

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
Would love to read this patient's experiences from the first person perspective...

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Me too... a tripreport and the insight why he has been healed would be really interesting! :)

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
BrainEater a dit:
Me too... a tripreport and the insight why he has been healed would be really interesting! :)

if he/she is healed at all.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
silv a dit:
BrainEater a dit:

if he/she is healed at all.

then i'd like to read about it, when he/she is healed, if he/she is healed.

peace :P

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Good news! :D

Mara

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Avr 2008
Great news, and yes, a tripreport would be nice :)

I hope this will trigger other psychotherapists... And wouldn't it be amazing if they made a full university-education out of this? Imagine studying psychology, with this as a subject... Ahhh...

G

Invité
Mara a dit:
And wouldn't it be amazing if they made a full university-education out of this? Imagine studying psychology, with this as a subject... Ahhh...

I'd sign up yesterday! :heart:

psm

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
The title is a little bit misleading tho :)

It is the first treatment since 1972... So Hofmann has seen it ;)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Did they treat terminal patients with LSD in 1972?!? Do you have a source, perhaps? I'd be very interested.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It almost makes me want to die.........

jj

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Jan 2008
I think it was LSD that Aldous Huxley took when he died. It wasn't part of "research."

There was plenty of LSD (and other psychedelic) trip research and therapy in the 1950's and early 1960's. I don't recall whether research involved terminal patients. I would be surprised if there was never a terminal patient in therapy using LSD or other psychedelics.

When LSD became illegal in the US, the government said research could continue as long as you got your permits. However, for decades no one got approval. Applications for permits were denied routinely, and people pretty much gave up.

Also, folks who did their research work before the ban could still write papers about it, but they found that they couldn't get anyone to publish them if they said anything good about the effects of LSD. There was quite a prejudice against it. Likewise with the other psychedelics.

psm

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
Forkbender a dit:
Did they treat terminal patients with LSD in 1972?!? Do you have a source, perhaps? I'd be very interested.

it says so in the text itself... :)

As far as I know they did. I did not find anything on the net tho...

Icelus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Oct 2007
psm a dit:
Forkbender a dit:

it says so in the text itself... :)

As far as I know they did. I did not find anything on the net tho...

In the text it says "This marks the beginning of what will become the first LSD-assisted psychotherapy study in over 36 years". They don't say it's the first studie with LSD on terminal patients in over 36 years.