Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

First post, and how chemically far goes the tolerance of cannabis

• Auteur de la discussion tomasujo
  • Date de début
T

tomasujo

Invité
Hello, new sailor aboard.

I'm a musician from brazil, and this is my first post, so good evening for the ladies and the gentlemen.

I'll start my activity in this particularly interesting forum by asking you guys about a theory I'm thinking of..

I was just reading about how the cannabinoids in pot affect the human brain causing it's psychoactive effects (here Effects of cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and, later on, exactly how the tolerance develops (here Medical Marijuana - Tolerance). Basically, as far as I understood the cannabinoids are chemically similar to some neurotransmitters that activate certain receptors in the brain, and the effects would get less potent with heavier use due to downregulation of some of these receptors.

So far so good, let me know if i got that completely wrong.. I'm high as fuck anyway.

My theory would be, then, this: If there is downregulation in these receptors, could that cause direct effect in the brain even when it's sober? (not talking about permanent effects, they would last only as long as the tolerance to the effects itself). For example: My musical creativity is deeply heightened when high, but I have been noticing that sober creativity is decaying in the last months. Could that be caused by the weed? (I'm not really smoking more that I have been for the last many years so thats only an example).

I'm open for theories and opinions, and warm welcomes too if thats the case lol

Thanks, peace!