Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Extending the mushroom experience

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I know this has been touched on before, but usually in the context of taking MAOI's to prolong and intensify the experience.

Without MAOI's.. how long into the trip can you munch more mushrooms (mmm) if for some reason you wish to lengthen your visit? I would imagine at some point it isn't going to be as effective, or you will start having to consume a lot, which would be somewhat wasteful.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
just eat a big bunch ... why make it longer?? what the fuck is time anyways in this state???

peace :weedman:

Tunnelvision

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
28 Août 2008
smoking weed will certainly extend the trip, but the whole experience could get a bit cloudy/foggy if you know what i mean.... I have the experience that it can even get you trip harder if you smoke some weed when you are coming down

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I don't always take psychedelics seeking a full-on sublime experience in the dark, I find them quite useful and productive when utilized correctly on occasion.

One thing I love about acid is the length of even a relatively low dose is well-suited for exploring creative processes over extended periods of time and getting into a deeply meditative, creative state that only comes about with an 8-10 hour experience. Mushrooms on the other hand as much as I like them are just too short to be used for this kind of purpose. I've heard of people claiming to extend their trips by a couple hours or so, that would be fantastic if it were possible and didn't involve wasting lots of mushrooms. I'm going to try this sometime and am curious if anyone else has done this.

(And yeah, smoking weed while tripping for me on any psychedelic always launches the trip into another place entirely! But I know some people who smoke it during a trip to relax.. go figure)

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Mr. Smith (or his previous incarnation) once reported a couple day mushroom experience. It think it was achieved mainly trough redosing and coffee.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Tolerance sets in after coming down, so you can redose (several times) throughout the trip, extending the peak up to six hours. One should take a sufficient amount during each redose, and not wait until the end of the trip. If the initial dose is four grams, one might want to redose with another four grams or slightly more, one or two hours into the trip.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
What you can do is increase dosage dramatically. If you come down off let's say a 3 gram cubensis trip, you'll defintely be in able to at least repeat such an experience by ingesting 5/6 grams.

I have done this before and tripped for a good 10 hours with a longer after glow than usual. Just an entire day from waking up till going to bed occupied by the spirit of the mushroom. The integration started the next day while feeling full of life.

Smoking weed makes a mushroom trip frosted for me, it numbs the energy of being 'awake'. To me it's an anti-dote believe it or not. And smoking weed has devastated one of my mescaline experience, way too much sedation.

In the Shamanistic context, it's no rare that they trip for days on mushrooms, cacti or ayahuasca, and once the days are over, they take rest.

This is initiation through endurance, because there'll come a point that you don't care anymore and that's when you let go your comfort zone without going insane.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Thanks for the responses all. My experience when it comes to tripping during the day has been much like yours Brugmansia. I tend to sleep deeper and feel pretty much reborn and revitalized the next day.

LabRat4680

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
9 Juil 2009
I would say some Harmala is a good way to go. Its available at any good herb shop, and countless places on the web. There's also a place I know where you can get pure harmaline. Search for an appropriate dose, cause too much may mean a bad trip.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Brugmansia a dit:
Smoking weed makes a mushroom trip frosted for me, it numbs the energy of being 'awake'. To me it's an anti-dote believe it or not. And smoking weed has devastated one of my mescaline experience, way too much sedation.

same here. in most occations, I never mix mushrooms and weed - I love the 'energy of being awake' too much to just destroy it by smoking a joint.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
interesting how weed affects us so differently. acid, mesc, shrooms, sometimes the trip doesn't even really 'begin' until a few hours in, i smoke that joint. then i'm being pulled out of my body.. ego dissolution, time and space distortion and mad visuals and sounds. think since i have an afternoon to kill and i'm curious how this affects people, what the heck. i'm going to do a poll on this :)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Depends on the kind of weed, I guess. I have had both enlightening and numbing effects while tripping with cannabis.