Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Ex-Cop Plans Video On How to Hide Drugs

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
TYLER, Texas (AP) -- A one-time Texas drug agent described by his former boss as perhaps the best narcotics officer in the country plans to market a how-to video on concealing drugs and fooling police.

Barry Cooper, who has worked for small police departments in East Texas, plans to launch a Web site next week where he will sell his video, "Never Get Busted Again," the Tyler Morning Telegraph reported in its online edition Thursday.

A promotional video says Cooper will show viewers how to "conceal their stash," "avoid narcotics profiling" and "fool canines every time."

Cooper, who said he favors the legalization of marijuana, made the video in part because he believes the nation's fight against drugs is a waste of resources. Busting marijuana users fills up prisons with nonviolent offenders, he said.

"My main motivation in all of this is to teach Americans their civil liberties and what drives me in this is injustice and unfairness in our system," Cooper told the newspaper.

Cooper said his Web site should be operating by Tuesday.

As a drug officer, Cooper said, he made more than 800 drug arrests and seized more than 50 vehicles and $500,000 in cash and assets.

"He was even better than he says he was," said Tom Finley, Cooper's former boss on a West Texas drug task force and now a private investigator in Midland. "He was probably the best narcotics officer in the state and maybe the country during his time with the task force."

News of the video has angered authorities, including Richard Sanders, an agent with the Tyler Drug Enforcement Agency. Sanders said he plans to investigate whether the video violates any laws.

"It outrages me personally as I'm sure it does any officer that has sworn an oath to uphold the laws of this state, and nation," Sanders said. "It is clear that his whole deal is to make money and he has found some sort of scheme, but for him to go to the dark side and do this is infuriating."

Smith County Deputy Constable Mark Waters, a narcotics officer, said the video is insulting to law enforcement officials.

"This is a slap in the face to all that we do to uphold the laws and keep the public safe," he said.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/stra ... ryid=71891

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Righteous.

Fucking Righteous.

"It outrages me personally as I'm sure it does any officer that has sworn an oath to uphold the laws of this state, and nation,"

Dude, wake the fuck up. You can protect the safety of the public without taking away civil liberties and putting non-violent people in jail. Just because the government declares that a law is a law, doesn't make it right. Think for your god damn self. I'm incredibly happy to hear of a cop who isn't a complete tool to the system. Although, he is a hypocrite for having already busted all those people, but of course he would have lost his job if he tried to do this while working on the force.

"This is a slap in the face to all that we do to uphold the laws and keep the public safe," he said.

No, it's more like a kick to the nuts and I love it.

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Sadly there were no details on where his site is or when we can get it so if anyone sees this in the weeks coming up let me know ;)

G

Invité
But ofcourse he's making everybody pay for it....

He worked at a small district in freakin' Texas, so you know how to hide your stash from the hick police....

Ok actually I musn't be so negative, finally someone from the inside of the long arm of the freakin' us law who's waking up

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Well, back in the day, I used to drive 12 hours from my home to the state of Vermont where I could get a pound of delicious smoke for half the price I could get it here. I'd sell it bit by bit for twice what I paid and make several thousand dollars each run. There was an auto shop up there where a guy I knew would take my spare tire off the rim, and stuff 2-4 pounds of weed in the tire. Then it was completely air-tight and there was no way a dog could smell it. Then when I got home, I'd take the tire off myself, since I worked at a motorcycle shop and had the equipment. It was a pretty smooth operation.

My wife no longer lets me drive across the country with 4 pounds of weed in the trunk. :(

G

Invité
Man, excellent way of transporting :thumbsup:

And frankly, I don't blame your wife ;)

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Bun Babylon an dem foolishness!

:D

Gilligan

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Déc 2006
A friend of mine used to drive an older model Jeep Cherokee (the box Jeep :D) and the covering for the dashboard could come off. When we were in college together, he used to drive to a nearby source and stash a few ounces of premium white, or whatever choice substances were available, right behind his radio. It was rather nifty. I'm sure there are plenty of these sitting in used car lots all across America just waiting to be used for mass trafficking :lol:

UTHTURN

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Oct 2006
THIS ARTICLE SAYS COOPER MAY BE NARCING ON PEOPLE I DOUBT IT THOUGH
http://www.reason.com/blog/show/117569.html
A couple of weeks ago, I posted about Barry Cooper , a former Texas narcotics cop who has apparently not only come out in favor of decriminalizing marijuana, he's putting out a video called "Never Get Busted Again," which claims to offer tips to drug offenders on how to avoid the police.

Last week, the group Law Enforcement Against Prohibition -- whom I've worked with in the past and found to be professional, reputable, and pretty hard-core -- disassociated itself from Cooper . The reason stated in the group's press release is that LEAP can't advocate a video encouraging criminal activity, even if said activity violates laws LEAP considers immoral.

But conspiracy theorists take note. The email LEAP's media department sent me about Cooper included the following addendum to the press release:

A lesser reason, not specifically cited by the LEAP Board, but nonetheless felt by many of the active members, is that until we learn more about Cooper, his project should be viewed with a very wary eye by anyone who is an illicit drug user that may buy his video for educational purposes.

Cooper is at this time only accepting credit card payments. In our (specifically me, Steve Heath) humble opinion, this raises red flags. Credit card payments remove the possibility for anonymity on the part of the buyer and also potentially expose the buyer to investigation of his bank activity on the not so off-chance that Cooper's project is in fact an undercover investigation aimed at identifying users of illicit drugs.

Make of that what you will. I don't know anything about Cooper, other than what was in the news stories about him when the video was released. Seems like an awfully elaborate setup for a sting operation. Of course, we are talking about the drug war, here. Stranger things have happened .

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
It's a cool idea, but as the above entry says, having to pay via credit card is rather fishy. Besides that, I'm not about to shell out any money to a guy who has already busted thousands of people, for him to tell me how to hide my drugs.

Squash that noise.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I'll just wait 'till it's all over the internet.

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Brewmaster a dit:
I'll just wait 'till it's all over the internet.

Righty-oh man :) I reckon he's just a pigfcking American. Trying to cash in after putting so many psychonauts behind bars. He can piss off.

Nothing against American's though mate ;).

UTHTURN

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Oct 2006
he does say that he is giving "some" of the proceeds to the people he has arrested and asked for them to contact him

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
He should give ALL the proceeds to those people.

If I was someone who had been arrested and done time because of this guy; I'd be one pissed off son of a bitch right now.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
he's a turd.

I'll GIVE advice for free thats a lot better.

An ounce of prevention= A ton of cure.

You don't have to be able to hide anything if your lights work, your tag is legal and you dont look like you just fell off the phish tour bus....and for gods sake do the speed limit.

We ran shit all over the country for a long time and THIS is the formula for success.